Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible
 

Fastpitch Discussions

Softball Poem??

What's on your mind?

by NumeroUno » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:37 pm

Remember that poem that has gone around and around over the years.
I think is about the way you treat players on the field and how they feel when they strike out or make a mistake.
If you have it can you PM it to me
Thanks
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
User avatar
NumeroUno
 
Posts: 8929
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:50 pm

by SoCalASABlue » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:34 pm

Is it titled "A Ball Player's Prayer"?
User avatar
SoCalASABlue
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:02 pm

by artomatic » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:47 pm

is it this one?

Alone At The Plate

She pulls on the helmet, picks up the bat
And walks to the plate, "Gotta hit and that's that".
The crowd starts to yell, the game's on the line,
Last inning, two outs, the score's nine to nine.
Dad yells,"Go get it," Mom wrings her hands,
Coach hollers, "Hit it!" but alone there she stands.

Heroes are made in seconds such as this,
But she's just a little girl, what if she should miss?
Years after this game's ended and she's little no more,
Will she remember the outcome or even the score?
No, she'll have forgotten if she was out, hit, or a run,
She'll only look back on her friends and the fun.

So cheer this girl on, alone with her fate;
Help her remember with fondness, this stand at the plate.
Spend your time wisely and help in her quest,
To be a hitter with confidence and always her best.
And when the game's over, this girl can stand tall,
For you helped her prepare to give it her all.
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
User avatar
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 2802
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:41 pm
Location: Nearest Ogggi's

by GIMNEPIWO » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:40 pm

Even though in hindsight
Although you tried to do right
For your 10U daughter
And equiptment you bought her
Turns out you're a fool
She couldn't go in the pool
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
User avatar
GIMNEPIWO
 
Posts: 4339
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:58 am
Location: Between Rock & Hard Place

by Blind Squirrel » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:52 pm

There once was a pitcher from Nantucket,
Whose Dad spent free time on the bucket.
She'd pitch and she'd pitch,
'Till Dad looked like her bitch,
Then she'd pitch like crap in games and say ...
Sorry Dad, I tried.

I'll be at the Comedy Club all week. You've been a great crowd. Good Night.

John
10 years from now I'll wish I felt like I do these days.
User avatar
Blind Squirrel
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 1138
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:02 am

by Sam » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:23 am

Roses are red
and ready for pluckin
I'm out of high school
and ready for................college.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
User avatar
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 3174
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:22 am
Location: Norco, California

by Sftbll4ever » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:59 am

:o :o :o
Sftbll4ever
 
Posts: 1842
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:27 am

by wpanther » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:42 am

She stands at home plate with her heart pounding fast. The bases are loaded, the die has been cast. Mom and Dad cannot help her, she stands all alone, a hit at this moment would send her team home. The ball nears the plate, she swings and misses, there's a groan from the crowd with some boos and hisses. A thoughtless voice cries, "Strike out the bum!" Tears fill her eyes, the game's no longer fun. Remember, she is just a little girl who stands all alone. So open your heart and give her a break, for it's moments like this a woman you can make. Keep this in mind when you hear someone forget, she's just a little girl and not a woman yet.
wpanther
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:40 pm

by GIMNEPIWO » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:40 pm

So my DD surprised me
I believe it was Fall
I said lets take a walk
She said lets throw the ball

I grabbed up a pigskin
But it was half flat
She said how bout that one
Don't forget the bat

Her hands were so small
But I found an old glove
We spoke of the game
And hustle and love

This happened all Winter
So what the heck
When Springtime was here
She signed up for Rec

Her first Coach was awesome
And well knew the game
Little I knew
Many others were lame

So when I said finally
Enough was too sad
I could coach threw my a*s
And not do so bad

Years later we found out
Rec wasn't enough
She needed a challenge
It had to be tough

So travel presented
Play not so funny
But holy sh*t
It takes lotsa money

And her sisters would follow
The trail she blazed
I'm an old fart
But fuc*in' amazed

The years have wizzed by
As the trail end nears
I'm hoping for grandkids
More memories and beers

But for now we're happy
With what we grew
And this team of young women
And 23 U




.
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
User avatar
GIMNEPIWO
 
Posts: 4339
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:58 am
Location: Between Rock & Hard Place

by Norcal Iceman » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:51 pm

GIMNEPIWO wrote:So my DD surprised me
I believe it was Fall
I said lets take a walk
She said lets throw the ball

I grabbed up a pigskin
But it was half flat
She said how bout that one
Don't forget the bat

Her hands were so small
But I found an old glove
We spoke of the game
And hustle and love

This happened all Winter
So what the heck
When Springtime was here
She signed up for Rec

Her first Coach was awesome
And well knew the game
Little I knew
Many others were lame

So when I said finally
Enough was too sad
I could coach threw my a*s
And not do so bad

Years later we found out
Rec wasn't enough
She needed a challenge
It had to be tough

So travel presented
Play not so funny
But holy sh*t
It takes lotsa money

And her sisters would follow
The trail she blazed
I'm an old fart
But fuc*in' amazed

The years have wizzed by
As the trail end nears
I'm hoping for grandkids
More memories and beers

But for now we're happy
With what we grew
And this team of young women
And 23 U




.

Good - I like it!
Norcal Iceman
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:20 pm


Return to Fastpitch Discussions