Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible
 

Fastpitch Discussions

12U OKC HOF Results

What's on your mind?

by NumeroUno » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:06 am

YellowBalls wrote:
Clean_up wrote:So much for ASA updating after each round of games. Who's left? Who won? And how the heck can a team that has already lost twice have the chance to keep playing and earn a berth? 3-Game guarantee usually means if you lose your first two, you get a consolation game - hardly seems fair to other teams sent home after losing their second game.

Also heard that the entire park was rooting against the Firecrackers during their last game, kind of sad if that's true... Believe it or not, 12U California teams don't walk around talking smack about Texas or even care, we have a respect for all kids playing the sport. Sad...


Well, not to sure about that -lots of smack talking back and forth on HB. Texas teams just supporting Texas teams, no big deal - I'm sure we'll see more of it in Illinois...But the difference will be 16 - 20 CA teams instead of 1... ;)


you have to be kidding texas teams all support texas teams, come on the texas delete button has been smoking at time
:lol:
Crackers have a good team and good coaching they will get to nats and they will make a showing
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
User avatar
NumeroUno
 
Posts: 8929
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:50 pm

by Blind Squirrel » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:33 am

YellowBalls wrote:
Blind Squirrel wrote:
Clean_up wrote:Believe it or not, 12U California teams don't walk around talking smack about Texas or even care, we have a respect for all kids playing the sport. Sad...


That must be a recent phenomenon. IOW, I believe it NOT. I'll believe CA parents have changed dramatically when I stop seeing stories about CA parents getting in fights at games and all the rest of the stories that have been talked about in here over the last year or so. I'll believe it when CA parents stop talking shit behind each others backs about their kid's team mates, opposing players and coaches and each other. Oh yeah, the difference is that they now do it with respect? That stuff doesn't occur with the new breed of CA parents? Is this profound change in parent behavior due to the Dog Whisperer attending 12U games?

John


WOW - chill dude. Don't pretend that California has the market cornered on bad behavior. :roll:


The post I responded to suggested that CA softball parents are better/above parents in another part of the country. I don't agree. I did not mean to imply that they are any worse. I suspect that youth sports parents are basically the same everywhere in this country.

I'm curious: Anyone want to suggest the things I stated about SoCal parents in my previous post are untrue? Anyone want to state that it isn't the case where they live?

John
10 years from now I'll wish I felt like I do these days.
User avatar
Blind Squirrel
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 1138
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:02 am

by Missinit » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:08 am

Blind Squirrel wrote:
YellowBalls wrote:
Blind Squirrel wrote:
Clean_up wrote:Believe it or not, 12U California teams don't walk around talking smack about Texas or even care, we have a respect for all kids playing the sport. Sad...


That must be a recent phenomenon. IOW, I believe it NOT. I'll believe CA parents have changed dramatically when I stop seeing stories about CA parents getting in fights at games and all the rest of the stories that have been talked about in here over the last year or so. I'll believe it when CA parents stop talking shit behind each others backs about their kid's team mates, opposing players and coaches and each other. Oh yeah, the difference is that they now do it with respect? That stuff doesn't occur with the new breed of CA parents? Is this profound change in parent behavior due to the Dog Whisperer attending 12U games?

John


WOW - chill dude. Don't pretend that California has the market cornered on bad behavior. :roll:


The post I responded to suggested that CA softball parents are better/above parents in another part of the country. I don't agree. I did not mean to imply that they are any worse. I suspect that youth sports parents are basically the same everywhere in this country.

I'm curious: Anyone want to suggest the things I stated about SoCal parents in my previous post are untrue? Anyone want to state that it isn't the case where they live?

John


First of all, how did clean up (I'm assuming that's who's post your referring to) compare CA parents to other parents or mention other parents in any way?

Second of all, seems to me your post closely resembles exactly what your SLAMMING ca parents for :?
If you show no mercy... you deserve no mercy!
Missinit
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:45 am

by Blind Squirrel » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:47 am

Missinit wrote:
Blind Squirrel wrote:
YellowBalls wrote:
Blind Squirrel wrote:
Clean_up wrote:Believe it or not, 12U California teams don't walk around talking smack about Texas or even care, we have a respect for all kids playing the sport. Sad...


That must be a recent phenomenon. IOW, I believe it NOT. I'll believe CA parents have changed dramatically when I stop seeing stories about CA parents getting in fights at games and all the rest of the stories that have been talked about in here over the last year or so. I'll believe it when CA parents stop talking shit behind each others backs about their kid's team mates, opposing players and coaches and each other. Oh yeah, the difference is that they now do it with respect? That stuff doesn't occur with the new breed of CA parents? Is this profound change in parent behavior due to the Dog Whisperer attending 12U games?

John


WOW - chill dude. Don't pretend that California has the market cornered on bad behavior. :roll:


The post I responded to suggested that CA softball parents are better/above parents in another part of the country. I don't agree. I did not mean to imply that they are any worse. I suspect that youth sports parents are basically the same everywhere in this country.

I'm curious: Anyone want to suggest the things I stated about SoCal parents in my previous post are untrue? Anyone want to state that it isn't the case where they live?

John


First of all, how did clean up (I'm assuming that's who's post your referring to) compare CA parents to other parents or mention other parents in any way?

Second of all, seems to me your post closely resembles exactly what your SLAMMING ca parents for :?


Maybe I should have included more of CleanUp's post:

"Also heard that the entire park was rooting against the Firecrackers during their last game, kind of sad if that's true... Believe it or not, 12U California teams don't walk around talking smack about Texas or even care, we have a respect for all kids playing the sport. Sad..."

My interpretation of that is that the behavior of non-CA parents at that tournamant was "sad if that's true" and "...we [CA parents] have respect for all kids playing the sport" which I took to mean their behavior is superior. If my reading comprehension is once again lacking, I have yet again publicly shown what a dumbass I am and I apologize to CleanUP and regret my post.

I was slamming perceived arrogance, the notion that CA parents behave differently and better than others. I'm unsure how my post reflects such arrogance in any way. Quite the contrary. Then again, maybe I'm not getting what you are referring to when you are talking about what I slammed.

Correct me where I'm wrong. I'm quite used to it. I have nothing more to add to this thread.

John
10 years from now I'll wish I felt like I do these days.
User avatar
Blind Squirrel
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 1138
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:02 am

by TheMachine » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:04 am

Right now the TXBandits vs the ALBandits. It's the top of the 5th inning and the TXBandits up 4-2
Greatness is a way of life
TheMachine
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:32 pm

by TheMachine » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:36 am

TXBandits beat the ALBandits 6-2.
Now TXBandits will play the Frost Comets in the championchip game
Greatness is a way of life
TheMachine
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:32 pm

by TheMachine » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:40 am

It's the bottom of the 2nd inning of the championchip game. The TXBandits 1 The Comets 4
Greatness is a way of life
TheMachine
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:32 pm

by TheMachine » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:44 am

Top of the third at the Championchip game. 1-5. Comets are winning.
Greatness is a way of life
TheMachine
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:32 pm

by TheMachine » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:25 pm

Bottom of the 6th inning Comets winning 5-1
Greatness is a way of life
TheMachine
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:32 pm

by TheMachine » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:34 pm

Comets are 3 outs away from winning. Top of the 7th score 6-1.
Greatness is a way of life
TheMachine
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:32 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions