Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible
 

Fastpitch Discussions

Hitting nets

What's on your mind?

by jvb » Sun May 17, 2009 9:51 pm

What is the easiest portable net out there for pre-game? The Easton pop ups can be a real pain and the Huricanes can be bulky. Any others out there that don't cost an arm and a leg??
jvb
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:11 pm

by NumeroUno » Sun May 17, 2009 9:57 pm

That is pretty much your choices, they are real easy to put up and down if you make someone else do it :roll:
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
User avatar
NumeroUno
 
Posts: 8929
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:50 pm

by Nzane » Sun May 17, 2009 10:09 pm

The Hurricanes are bulky? Hum......
Go.....
Angels,
Raiders,
Lakers,
Trojans!
User avatar
Nzane
 
Posts: 1047
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:41 am

by Killer Rabbit » Sun May 17, 2009 10:10 pm

I have a Pitch Safe net and I love it. Collapses into a box, and done. Takes 30 seconds to set up. They make a sock net version for soft toss. Pricey. $300.00 for the sock net version. $280 for the pitching protector version.
Ice cream?! When the f**k did we get ice cream?!
User avatar
Killer Rabbit
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 442
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:41 pm
Location: Las Vegas

by MoeFoes » Sun May 17, 2009 10:18 pm

Jugs are pretty cool but if you are using it for a team it will probly last a year or 2 before it starts falling apart
"Why I Aughta"
MoeFoes
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:41 pm
Location: Ghetto America

by CallingCadence14 » Sun May 17, 2009 10:30 pm

Tried just about every pop up net there is.None of them last longer then a year!!! My DD and her team mates think it's hillarious to swing hard enough during pre game soft toss to put holes in the net. The Juggs net last up to a year .I always prefer Juggs over Easton pop up as well as the Louisville Slugger pop up nets.It's the easiest to put up and pick up,buy some cheap 12 inch screw drivers to keep the net in place.I usually pick these up at a flea market they work better then the T handle anchors that come with the net.If you find something better let us all know.For the price Juggs gets my money. ;)
CallingCadence14
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:31 pm

by Busted Shins » Mon May 18, 2009 12:33 am

Hurricanes, hand down. Bulky? Are we really talking about the same nets?
Busted Shins

"Judgment should be more of a Burden of Responsibility and less of a Shield of Authority behind which bad decisions can be hidden."
Busted Shins
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:42 am
Location: So Cal

by CallingCadence14 » Mon May 18, 2009 2:16 am

Just got done looking up the hurricane net..Looks really good ,simple design and even smaller to carry then the Juggs net.Looks like it costs 40 bucks more then the Juggs though.I think if it'll hold up it would be worth it from a packing stand point. It packs up a heck of alot smaller and less bulky then the Juggs,Easton,or Louisville Slugger pop up.I think I'll have to buy one.Too bad I didn't see this till now.I believe, I'd of bought it just for the packing reason.
CallingCadence14
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:31 pm

by Coach11 » Mon May 18, 2009 5:55 am

jvb wrote:What is the easiest portable net out there for pre-game? The Easton pop ups can be a real pain and the Huricanes can be bulky. Any others out there that don't cost an arm and a leg??


For quality equipment, you are going to pay.

Unfortunately, for most items there don't seem to be any "off season" discounts.

I like the Juggs net. I get several seasons out of them. Seems the first time I use it each year I feel/look like an incredible dufus trying to pack it up, but by the second or third use coaches are coming to me for help on how to do it.
Coach11
 
Posts: 512
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:56 am

by fastpitch7 » Mon May 18, 2009 5:40 pm

my juggs popup net, doesn't have the same shape it use to. the top and sides aren't as round like they were before, anyone else having this problem?
fastpitch7
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:35 pm

Next

Return to Fastpitch Discussions