Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible
 

Fastpitch Discussions

The dreaded day has come and gone

What's on your mind?

by Platinum » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:40 am

Little Bird wrote:
artomatic wrote:
geterdone wrote: Art- truce?


would love that...life is too short...
Image


I remember how it all began I used to sing dirty raps to my East Side fans.....
Platinum
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:52 am

by Tucson » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:20 am

My 3rd and final one is out of the house, now, and I just coach and study the game through DVD's, etc. I did start slow pitch, but they haven't practiced in awhile.

Yesterday, DD was here sitting on the couch and I needed to leave for a pitching lesson. I asked her if she wanted to go. (Not thinking that she would even consider it.) She said "I don't have any shoes." I said "I have your cleats." She said "What would I do?" and I said "Catch." (I thought that would send her into a whining fit because it was 95 degrees outside) But, she said "OK."

I found her a t-shirt and I grabbed a hair tie, because her hair was down and we left. I noticed in the car, her getting her cleats on and putting her hair back - and it seemed like old times.

The parent at the practice was impressed with DD, as she sat their w/o any equipment on, catching for the 11 YO. The mom asked her "Do you miss it?" and DD said "No." :)

I took pictures.
User avatar
Tucson
 
Posts: 1274
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:14 pm

by MoeFoes » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:54 am

Platinum wrote:
Little Bird wrote:
artomatic wrote:
geterdone wrote: Art- truce?


would love that...life is too short...
Image


I remember how it all began I used to sing dirty raps to my East Side fans.....

Don't get me started. MoeFoes gotz Mad Flows....
"Why I Aughta"
MoeFoes
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:41 pm
Location: Ghetto America

by TShark » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:09 am

Dont worry people, some day your DD will return with husband and babies :?
User avatar
TShark
 
Posts: 283
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:43 am
Location: Softball Field

by Gone in 2.6 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:28 am

3Bsnag wrote:
Spazsdad wrote: ... I was thinking it would make a good home theater.


Oohhh, much better idea! Then I wouldn't have to lie about working out.

And yes LD, you have to wait. :lol: Too much risk stuffing them in a closet now. Ahhh, the good old days.

For all you new empty-nesters or less-nesters, how far away (driving hours) are your kids going to school?


My dd is a peer of Blind Squirrel's dd so we're in the same boat, "losing" our dd's this fall. I just looked up the distance on the GPS because of your questions and found the answer to be a depressing 2233 miles. :lol:

Where did the time go?
Attachments
th_024_1A-2.jpg
2002
th_024_1A-2.jpg (4.14 KiB) Viewed 3850 times
th_08726BB1943BRCatLF-1-1.jpg
2008
th_08726BB1943BRCatLF-1-1.jpg (7.3 KiB) Viewed 3850 times
"And as I watch you disappear into the ground
My one mistake was that I never let you down"
User avatar
Gone in 2.6
 
Posts: 1099
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:33 am
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA

by artomatic » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:55 am

Gone in 2.6 wrote:
Where did the time go?


What's even more depressing and sad is when I look at the hospital pics of of me holding my newborns back in the 1990 and 1995...
I'm was in shape, brown hair, no gut...I wasn't even close to being a member of the 200 lb club back then....jeez, 200 lbs is just a distant memory these days...
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
User avatar
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 2802
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:41 pm
Location: Nearest Ogggi's

by ArmChairCoach » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:10 pm

artomatic wrote:...I wasn't even close to being a member of the 200 lb club back then....jeez, 200 lbs is just a distant memory these days...


bucketcrusher :lol: j/k
ArmChairCoach
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:37 pm

by ocdad » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:29 pm

MoeFoes wrote:This post is really depressing me.
What are we supposed to do when our little girls go? Spend time with our wives :( :(
Does this mean no more snack bar food? Sit down and have a home cooked meal...Yeah Right
Will I still spend 3 hours in the sporting goods section? The only reason we shop together
Sleeping in on a sunday? Not a bad idea..

Lucky for us this is all temporary....
Thank god for grandbabies...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
So True!

The funny thing is, I was just driving with my DD last month and I asked her what I was going to do when she got older (shes 12U), damn kid is too funny, she tells me, "Get a Life" :o :lol: :oops:
ocdad
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:25 am

by BonezMom » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:55 pm

TShark wrote:Dont worry people, some day your DD will return with husband and babies :?


You know that!
Too bad, so sad, bye bye
User avatar
BonezMom
 
Posts: 214
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:48 pm

by 12inchballs » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:02 pm

This thread makes me sad yet warm and fuzzy......
It reminded me of my favorite commercial.
http://www.brentter.com/nike-we-have-softball/
User avatar
12inchballs
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:30 am

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions