Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible
 

Fastpitch Discussions

TNL Coach Released - Mistrial Declared

What's on your mind?

by Jitterbug » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:46 am

I agree this thread is dead. We can go on forever asking questions and will never get a reply which says a lot about TNL. We know he is back and the TNL group is pleased. They (parents) have come on here expressing their views that it is ok for their daughters to spend quality time around the coach in and out of the softball arean. They feel his inappropriate behavior around the girls is ok and the way he speaks to them is ok also.

Winning is all they care about. I leave this thread with only one thought or question. The mothers of these girls would they take this kind of treatment from their boss at work or would they leave or file a complaint. What are these moms teaching their daughters that it is ok take verbal abuse as long as the end result is a college scholarship and nations? Or is it better to protect yourself.
Jitterbug
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 9:45 am

by Letsgetreal » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:56 am

JD That is actually a reasonable explanation, but I stand by my observation. By encouraging kids to text you and pour out their every day problems, you are, in a sense, trying to take on the job of their parents. If you don't see that, I don't know what to say. You are JUST their softball coach. Communication should be about softball issues. You are not their parent, priest, counselor or anything else. Kids should talk to their parents about life problems. So no, I didn't twist anything.
I know you won't answer all those pointed questions, because to do so would show CF and the organization in a very negative light.
Letsgetreal
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:32 am

by FPF1234 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:17 am

Kids should talk to their parents about life problems


Yeah, but they don't in all situations, I can tell you from professional experiences that in allot cases they don't. Now if you and your child have that line of communication open that is awesome, I would like to hope that my daughter and I have it. However, there are things that I have learned that she spoke with her volleyball coach about and not me when she was in high school, it happens, allot. It is not abnormal or suspicious in any way, I have worked both sides of the fence, a coach, a youth counselor, school administrator, etc and I can tell you there are many, many times where we are confided in where the parents are not for a variety of different reasons.
FPF1234
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:38 am

by Letsgetreal » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:13 am

FPF1234

I agree that it doesn't always work out that way, that kids go to their parents with lifes problems, but I think that is the goal. Parents should recognize that is THEIR job, to be there for their kids, to make sure the channels of communication are always open. In the event the kid doesn't go to their parents, maybe second choice would be a school counselor. They are trained in this area. A softball coach should stick to coaching softball. They should be friendly and fair at practices and games. If a kid is going to have to miss a practice or game, a phone call or text to tell the coach is appropriate. That's it.
Letsgetreal
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:32 am

by Ace » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:00 pm

Letsgetreal wrote:JD That is actually a reasonable explanation, but I stand by my observation. By encouraging kids to text you and pour out their every day problems, you are, in a sense, trying to take on the job of their parents. If you don't see that, I don't know what to say. You are JUST their softball coach. Communication should be about softball issues. You are not their parent, priest, counselor or anything else. Kids should talk to their parents about life problems. So no, I didn't twist anything.
I know you won't answer all those pointed questions, because to do so would show CF and the organization in a very negative light.


Aw, Come on, I remember back in the 70's when I was a white Basketball Coach, working in the ghetto, I always found myself going to the kids houses and making sure their home life was ok. Once I had to talk our center, Coolidge, to stay in school and not joing the Harlem Globetrotters. Then we had this Italian kid we called "Salami" always getting into fights, and I had to be there to talk to him. Our point gaurd "thorpe" was really a troubled kid, but I cared about these kids, so I was always there to help them, kinda like their "Shadow" in a way.
Now I need a 14u Pitcher.
Last edited by Ace on Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."
Ace
 
Posts: 574
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:58 pm

by NumeroUno » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:05 pm

LOL pretty good memory White Shadow.....
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
User avatar
NumeroUno
 
Posts: 8929
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:50 pm

by SSdad » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:45 pm

I remember that episode
It's better to keep your mouth shut and look like you're stupid......
than to open it and remove all doubt.
User avatar
SSdad
 
Posts: 719
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:15 am

by Ace » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:37 pm

What?!?! That wasnt me?!!? DAMNIT! I always mistake my life for 70's sitcoms without knowing it!! Last week my anoying sister Dee kept telling my mom on me. Like when my friend rerun skipped school to enter a dance contest, and my other frien dwaine walked in the room saying, Hey, HEY hey! Boy that was fun....
"A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."
Ace
 
Posts: 574
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:58 pm

by Ace » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:26 pm

WOW this post is sooooooo dead!! Oh but I did notice a Disneyland styled house being built across the street from a softball field and couldn't help but think, "is that where CF is moving?" Seemed kinda like paradise, and kills two birds with one stone!
Just sayin...
"A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."
Ace
 
Posts: 574
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:58 pm

by mycorner » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:47 pm

Parents
Take the time to watch and pay attention. Attend practices just don't drop and go shop or if the player is old enough to drive, stop by and take them a snack. They are only young once and bad conduct can mark a young lady for life. Not going to say it is true or false, it just shows some lawyers pull out all the stops and don't really care which way it goes as long as they get their money. Maybe this was a first, if it was hope it will be the last.
mycorner
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:12 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions