jed23 wrote:John(Blind Squirrel),
I too, actually agree with everything you said. The problem is your getting all your information from the misguided posters and their opinions on this thread.
...
Jerry Delamater
First, I admire/respect your willingness to not only state your views but also provide your name when you know perfectly well you are on an extremely unpopular side. Second, the only relevant (to me) info I got from here was vague info about prior accusations. I made it a point of saying those prior accusations would only make me more careful but regardless, as an adult male, no underage kid (male or female) comes into my house when there is no one else around. If they come alone to pick something up, they stay on the front porch and I hand it to them.
As I stated, I was in a hurry. I made the following mistake (among others):
"A 37 year old man interested in and allowing a child to come alone and hang out with him: Creepy and beyond stupidy."
Should have written:
A 37 year old man interested in and/OR allowing a child to come alone and hang out with him: Creepy and/OR beyond stupidy.
Why not let it go? Lets see: Because it deals with an issue that parents care deeply about. Because the people in the "family" yammer on about innocence and family but have provided little info that I'm aware of that suggests strong action is being taken to ensure that such a situation, whatever version you believe, will never happen again. Because, though I don't, some folks apparently are interested in playing in this org. Why, I don't honestly know. I have seen TNL players a few times over the years but until this situation, have never had them come up in conversation.
What this org needs to do is obvious if it truly cares about it's "family" members and its potential for success on a national level in the years ahead. Or it could just create a recording that says "The girl lied in court and Chris was found innocent." This would be played every time a potential TNL player's parent asks about the situation. Which assumes that the parent ignored the way the this org appears, from the outside, to deal with this important issue. Otherwise the parent wouldn't even bother asking. They would be looking elsewhere. Though they are close enough, it is quite safe to say my kid will never try out for their team.
John



























