Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Romo and the Cowboys

by Battle » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:31 pm

Doesn't beating the Steelers (with the Giants loss) put the Cowboys in charge of their own destiny for winning the division?
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by sward » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:47 pm

I don't think it was as much as a Cowboys win as it was a Steelers loss. The defense got after it in the end, but they still have a ways to go. My frustration with the Cowboys is that of Mack Brown and the Longhorns. In a close game, they don't play to win but play not to lose. They need to play to win.

Scott
sward

by jbat13 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:44 pm

Choke! :mrgreen:
jbat13

by AE27 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:37 am

jbat13 wrote:Choke! :mrgreen:

I wouldn't say choke as much as they got beat. Now, the Texans choked on Kubiak's lack of game preparation.
AE27

by AE27 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:39 am

Two weeks in a row.
AE27

by NumeroUno » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:10 am

That was a tough loss for the Boys, the interception late in the game and the roughing the quarter back on third down was the nail in the coffin.
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by DonnieS » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:54 am

NumeroUno wrote:That was a tough loss for the Boys, the interception late in the game and the roughing the quarter back on third down was the nail in the coffin.

Agreed - but the grave was dug by blowing those first two drives with interceptions. That was a great chance to get ahead early and keep the superior talent of RG3 and his group off the field. The only good thing about the Cowboys of today is that I never get my hopes up - I know they are going to blow the game - so it doesnt make me beat my wife, my kids, my dogs, any more than usual anyway - when they lose. (yall know how us Texans are)

And now I can just watch football the same way I watch a lot of my softball nowadays, to admire the plays, the athletes, defenses, etc. Of course, when my kids or grandkids are playing , game on.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by outofnowhere » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:25 am

might as will just skip the next two weeks and have denver play ne for afc champinship. not sure hoo gonna come out of da nfc but aint gona be sf or atlanta.
why aint jj going to can garritt? stupid is as stpid does. thats what forrestes momma told him.
outofnowhere

by Battle » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:29 am

outofnowhere wrote:might as will just skip the next two weeks and have denver play ne for afc champinship. not sure hoo gonna come out of da nfc but aint gona be sf or atlanta.
why aint jj going to can garritt? stupid is as stpid does. thats what forrestes momma told him.

LOL...When they were announcing all the coaches that were fired yesterday mourning, I sat there waiting for JG's name but it never came. Dang it!
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by DonnieS » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:20 am

Battle wrote:
outofnowhere wrote:might as will just skip the next two weeks and have denver play ne for afc champinship. not sure hoo gonna come out of da nfc but aint gona be sf or atlanta.

LOL...When they were announcing all the coaches that were fired yesterday mourning, I sat there waiting for JG's name but it never came. Dang it!

For that to happen, JJ would have to admit he made a mistake - and his ego is more important to him than anything. He proved that back with Jimmy Johnson.

As I remember JJ's comment, "With the team I put together, any of 50 different coaches could win multiple super bowls like Johnson did." We all know how that worked out for JJ.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to TX