Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Who are your top 3 14U teams in SoCal??????????

You can vote for 3 teams only.

Poll ended at Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:48 pm

1-OC Batbusters 94
4%
2-Corona Angels 94
12%
3-Courage
5%
4-Hurricanes
8%
5-Irvine Sting
1%
6-Lakewood Ladies White 93
25%
7-Lakewood Ladies Black 94
16%
8-SD Renegades
3%
9-Victory USA 94
20%
10-Victory 93
6%

Total votes : 110

by Aloro1 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:03 pm

Anderson Athletics
SoCal Jus Ballplayers Gold
Lady Hawks
Aloro1

by sportzjunky » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:27 pm

Hi Aloro,

Those are good teams from up north, but seriously not the caliber of the listed teams. Those teams have been beaten pretty good by the teams down south. I wish I could say different because I like all three of those teams and managers.... but the fact is they are NOT the caliber of almost any of the teams that made last years ASA 12U Nats, let alone have a chance against most of those same teams plus the 93's... starnger things have ahppened but I know for a fact those teams havent had a stud player(s) fall out of the sky since last spring, although I do know Lady Hawks got the stud PI back from Synergy 94.

Good luck.

PI = Pitcher
Last edited by sportzjunky on Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The spirit, the will to win, and the will to excel are the things that endure.
These qualities are so much more important than the events that occur.
- Vince Lombardi
sportzjunky

by Sftbll4ever » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:33 pm

What is a PI?? :roll:
Sftbll4ever

by txsoftballfan » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:56 pm

Aloro1 wrote:Anderson Athletics
SoCal Jus Ballplayers Gold
Lady Hawks

Geez, which team is your kid on? Oh yeah, wait, I know...you haven't figured out where Orange County is yet....you know...the mecca of So Cal Softball? Have those teams figured out that the I-5 and I-405 actually go south...and those three teams might come down sometime and play in a friendly....or gosh, a tournament? Somehow, being "champs" or finalists in the Tourney by the Sea just isn't too impressive....
txsoftballfan

by txsoftballfan » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:01 pm

TravelBallDad wrote:What amazes me the most is the biased responses on here that have little to do with actual knowledge of the teams, whom they are playing, who is beating who, where and in what age division. There are teams on that list that shouldnt be there, and there are teams not on that list that should. Let's all wait until June before we go and say "these are the Top 3 teams" - at the end of the this all, let's all go back and look at this and see what happened.

Totally concur Travelball Dad....Hurricanes 93, Courage, Lakewood White (93) and Corona Angels all have players out in high school right now....lets revisit this discussion when they're back with their respective teams....AS far as the 94's, the two finalists last year at nationals...Victory 94 and Lakewood Black, continue to impress and dominate.
txsoftballfan

by Demonboy » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:24 pm

14U must really have gone downhill with all the young 14's that are in the mix. Is this due to the recent accelerated recruiting and a lot of the top 14 y/o's playing 16's? As recently as 2005, the top 14 y/o's played their own age and the young 14's weren't even in the conversation to win state or nationals. As in no chance, no way no how.
"I'm the walkin dude, I can see all the world!
Twist your minds with fear, Im the man with the power.
Among the living, follow me or die!"

"Among The Living" (based on Randall Flagg)
- Anthrax
Demonboy

by addiction » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:10 pm

Spazsdad wrote:It appears that the better players are looking at one year of 14u now. After that it is a free-for-all on what division they play in. I'm sure the early age that players are being looked at is what is driving this trend.
Agreed it used to be a big deal in 14u when HS kicked in because it took the older players out of the mix. Last year 14u Nationals was won by a first year team. Some of those players have already gone on to 16 and 18G.

yep
addiction

by NumeroUno » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:29 pm

addiction,

Where have you've been buddy, You been flying stealth on here for a while? I am glad your back, are you going to behave yourself? :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by addiction » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:08 pm

NumeroUno wrote:addiction,

Where have you've been buddy, You been flying stealth on here for a while? I am glad your back, are you going to behave yourself? :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

took a little Hawaiian vacation 8-) it was actually a little business too :|

I always behave myself ;) but im always up for a good "mature" debate :mrgreen:
addiction

by verdade » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:56 pm

Some teams on this list haven't performed well enough consistently to merit being on the list. There are 2 teams that could easily trade places with Angels and OCBatbusters. The American Stars and OC Wildcats. Stars came in 2nd to Wildcats at Surf City. Stars disposed of Valley Voltage(Bri pitched game), Crunch, and Sting '93 to reach finals. Wildcats blew team out OC Batbusters by double-digits in semis I heard. Plus Wildcats beat highly touted(cause of Bri) Voltage 6-3 in pool play. I still believe Lakewood(Black), Victory USA(Campbell), and till today 3rd spot goes to Wildcats. We're unsure what '93 teams are staying at 14u for States. I guess FRESNO will answer some of these questions till States.
verdade

PreviousNext

Return to CA