Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

ASA Turkey Shoot Chino Hills: Schedules are being revised

by sprtsbimbo » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:20 pm

Last edited by sprtsbimbo on Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sprtsbimbo

by bracketologist » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:07 pm

Wow, in 12u - the top bracket looks very heavy. A number of good teams will be 1 and done.
bracketologist

by NumeroUno » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:19 pm

Pick a winner in each age group.
I'm going
Ca in 12's
not sure yet in 14's CA,Canes, Jets, Victory
Synergy in 16's
USA Athletics in 18's
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Sftbll4ever » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:05 am

I'm going with CA in 16's and Firecrackers in 18's. 18's field looks very weak.
Sftbll4ever

by Longdisttrvlballer » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:03 pm

The Power Surge is my first choice, however due to the strength of pools I would have to give the edge to the CA Knighten team to go all the way. It also helps that the A and D pools face each other in the first round of bracket play. The team that no one should over look is the Grapettes as they typically field pretty strong teams. They should get some respect as long as they leave their ice chest at home. :o
Longdisttrvlballer

by NumeroUno » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:43 pm

NumeroUno wrote:Pick a winner in each age group.
I'm going
Ca in 12's
not sure yet in 14's CA,Canes, Jets, Victory
Synergy in 16's
USA Athletics in 18's

I am changing my picks, plus I missed a team.
14's-- still not sure but I am sending the Jets to the corn field and putting in Firecrackers.
I had not seen the Jets play I just went with what I had heard, I saw them play today.
Jets out Firecracker in.
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by spazmom » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:17 pm

Longdisttrvlballer wrote:The Power Surge is my first choice, however due to the strength of pools I would have to give the edge to the CA Knighten team to go all the way. It also helps that the A and D pools face each other in the first round of bracket play. The team that no one should over look is the Grapettes as they typically field pretty strong teams. They should get some respect as long as they leave their ice chest at home. :o

Not sure what you mean. Are you saying CA has an easier road to the top than other teams or are you saying Power Surge isn't strong enough to make it past the teams in their pool? Just curious what you mean. I haven't seen either team this year but hear they are both strong. Is there a possibility they will meet in the finals or will one eliminate the other?...I agree with you about the Grapettes. Do we know anything about their 12u team this year? They were very strong last year.

BTW, my dd has "The Grapettes Cooler" on her Christmas list! She thought it was the coolest thing ever. :roll:
spazmom

by Longdisttrvlballer » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:05 pm

IMO the C pool is going to be the hardest to win and will take its toll on the PS96 team. I am not saying that PS96 can’t win it all. I just think that this gives the CA Knighten team the edge. Yes, they could play each other in the finals as long as they both win their pools.

FYI - regarding your DD’s wish list, you can find them at http://www.pimpmyicechest.com.
Longdisttrvlballer

by softballmom74 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:09 pm

I am curious about what a Grapettes Cooler looks like and where you get one???
softballmom74
Premium Member
Premium Member

by anonlooker » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:06 pm

Spazsdad wrote:It really does it a disservice to call it a "Grapettes Cooler"
The real deal was brought to the pinnacle by the TX Peppers . I first experienced it at the HOF a few years back. The sound filled the OKC stadium and was crystal clear, not to mention his DJ skills of being able to play the appropriate song for just about any game situation. The grapettes version pales in comparison.

I've got Spazsdad's back on this one. Saw the Grapettes version at a tourney last year, then saw the Peppers at Fireworks in Colorado. No comparison. And the Peppers DJ spins with mad skilz.
Talking with the umpires, even they enjoy his song selections! :D
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

Next

Return to CA