Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

PFX Tournament

by NumeroUno » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:28 pm

Hard Truth wrote:OC BB up at the top. HB Breeze may do well if they don't check player ages.

That is funny right there.
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by as the world turns » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:46 am

All proceeds help to support the future of Pro Softball !!!

This from the PFX website, sounds pretty vague on what you are supporting
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by onthejuice » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:01 am

I have a pretty good idea of what we are supporting. Team Smith is working everywhere there is $$$$ being collected. My Dad always told me "keep an eye on your $$$$".
onthejuice

by Iron Ballls » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:05 am

onthejuice wrote:I have a pretty good idea of what we are supporting. Team Smith is working everywhere there is $$$$ being collected. My Dad always told me "keep an eye on your $$$$".

On the juice- You are probably 100% correct on this. From what I hear this is why they loose teams as well as players.....all about the money!!!!! Parents get smart to this after awhile and find out you do not have to dig into your wallet week after week. I might have to ask some of the parents this weekend what is in it for them, my guess Zero. Hopefully we will see some good games.
Iron Ballls

by skoshee » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:15 am

What's in it for the parents? ...are you serious??? Lets see.....our kids played incredible games, one that went 12 innings yesterday, the kids were able to meet some of their idols, I saw little girls beaming from ear to ear after getting an autograph....as for Team Smith making a lot of money off this...we made as much as a snack bar makes at any friendly on any Sunday in SoCal, not that much. PFX tour puts the tournament on and they make the money, we were purely supporting them in the way off providing snack bars. Dont be so quick to bash organizations, we are in it for the same reason that you are...My daughter loves to play softball.....
skoshee

by Iron Ballls » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:14 am

skoshee wrote:What's in it for the parents? ...are you serious??? Lets see.....our kids played incredible games, one that went 12 innings yesterday, the kids were able to meet some of their idols, I saw little girls beaming from ear to ear after getting an autograph....as for Team Smith making a lot of money off this...we made as much as a snack bar makes at any friendly on any Sunday in SoCal, not that much. PFX tour puts the tournament on and they make the money, we were purely supporting them in the way off providing snack bars. Dont be so quick to bash organizations, we are in it for the same reason that you are...My daughter loves to play softball.....

You must be new to the organization......just stating facts. No bash on PFX (that is on another post) just responding to a earlier post about the money.
Iron Ballls

by Radar » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:43 am

This tournament(PFX)was all about Teamsmith and how much $$$$ they can rake in.....

The only thing I didn't like was that on Saturday some teams had thier first game early morning and thier second game at Midnight :shock:........Not really!
But there were large gaps in between games.

For those of you who thought that HB Breeze14u was the sleeper. You guys had to be dreaming!

I think it was a good weekend for the USA Athletics teams.
Radar

by skoshee » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:08 pm

Iron Ballls wrote:
skoshee wrote:What's in it for the parents? ...are you serious??? Lets see.....our kids played incredible games, one that went 12 innings yesterday, the kids were able to meet some of their idols, I saw little girls beaming from ear to ear after getting an autograph....as for Team Smith making a lot of money off this...we made as much as a snack bar makes at any friendly on any Sunday in SoCal, not that much. PFX tour puts the tournament on and they make the money, we were purely supporting them in the way off providing snack bars. Dont be so quick to bash organizations, we are in it for the same reason that you are...My daughter loves to play softball.....

You must be new to the organization......just stating facts. No bash on PFX (that is on another post) just responding to a earlier post about the money.

I am...so would you mind enlightening me on what the facts are...I've not heard anything but Im sure curious now....
skoshee

by catchersmom » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:26 pm

Regarding Teamsmith and all about making the money. Are you kidding? No one organization takes on a tournament of that magnitude and countless hours of work not to make money for their organization.
catchersmom

by callegacy » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:24 pm

I am wondering how often do teams work snack bars, run tournaments, friendlies etc.... and expect not to make money. Sounds like Iron balls and the juice have some sour grape issues of course organizations make money running these events. Some day when your all grown up and you realize how the travel ball world works and understand that it takes money $ to pay for fields, equipement, trainers, uniforms, insurance, hotel rooms, airplane flights, $700.00 showcase tournaments need I say more. You will soon see the good the bad and the ugly of this sport but right now your just a bottom feeder trying to wiggle your way to the top of the food chain. Keep bashing organizations who are good, caring, and respected advocates for this wonderful game of softall and you will find yourself growing roots down there and hurting the only one thing you probably care about.

Coach B.
Keep talking and knuckle up'
callegacy

PreviousNext

Return to CA