Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

12U Big Dawgs in Alabama

by thatguy » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:14 pm

madness wrote:Now that we are a month away from the that "tropical vacation" in Montgomery. Can we start talking about the "top dawgs" which at 12u nationals?
Though berths are still being earned, lets be realistic, the favorites have already qualified and are in preperation. But if Nationals would start this week, what teams have the best shot at walking away victorious?
I'm sure many will agree and say the top 3 will be CA95 - OCI - AHeat, not in that particular order. But who else may have an edge and can creep their way through the brackets to a top 3 spot?
My choice for teams to watch: American Athletics 95, ALS Krusers, CA Grappettes. Amongst all the other talented and not so talented, these are three to watch.

Yes, my pick for the title is CA95, no matter what the outcome at surf city or fresno, Mr. Smith is lucky enough to have the talent to pull it off.

For a brief second it almost appeared that someone had hijacked the Madness login and was attempting to add value to the bucket with an interesting, healthy discussion. Unfortunately I actually got as far as the last sentence of a Madness post (first time ever), and right on queue he managed to drop his typical cheap shot in, this time at Mr. Smith's expense, again. Please feel free to enlighten us with your resume, it must be pretty impressive considering you have no respect for a coach that only gets his teams to Nationals every single year. When does a coach actually become good, rather than lucky, with a resume like Mr. Smith's? Best of luck Angels as well as all the other teams representing Socal!
thatguy

by NumeroUno » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:56 pm

thatguy I read what madness wrote and I didn't think it was a cut and a dig on Mr. Smith but I could be wrong. Mr Smith is lucky to have all that talent on one team. He is a great coach but you better have a little luck on your side besides being good. Sometimes you do create your own luck though. Maybe he is lucky to have them and maybe they are lucky to have him. I don't know I'm just saying.......

In response to the other post they defiantly have the team that can win a title. They have pitching, hitting, fielding, and coaching. They won state, not sure if you believe in the curse. :lol: Once again you got to have a little luck on your side to win Nationals, the best team doesn't always win nationals, bad calls, good calls, injuries and throw in the perfect draw into the mix beside that Alabama has mesquites the size if large hawks.

the author of this post is unknown
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by just_sayin » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:19 pm

Hey Madness -

Just curious when your DD is trying out for CA because you are doing some serious stroking in this thread :roll:

How hard is it to qualify for Nationals??? Hmmmm.... you may want to ask BS95 that question.

Quote: Momentum from states will carry them over. I don't think OCI, AHeat (presumably 2 of the best in So Cal), have what it takes to beat a healthy CA95 team.

You have to give kudos for all 3 teams working hard to get where they are. I think we can all agree that CA has a great organization, but spare us your suggestion that OCI or AH won by a matter of a fluke at either Fresno or Surf City. Please... give credit where credit is due, and do not discredit any of those girls ( or coaches ) out there for a job well done. They all have an outstanding chance and kudos to all the teams from CA representing at Nationals!

With that said, we all know it can come down to 1 play any game any day.... and to never underestimate the sleepers.
just_sayin

by play4fun » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:50 pm

What is Ca95's record against these other California teams?
play4fun

Return to CA