Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Gold teams in Vegas

by sorcererfan » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:16 am

Just got to Vegas. It looks like it may be a pretty uneventful weekend. Not that hot yet. I was surprised to see Phil pick up another catcher. There are a total of 19 players right now. Sammy Albanise is in a great spot. The only 2010 pitcher on the roster. Colleges will be out watching the players they have signed/verballed and she should be done soon. Might be the best 2010 left.

The Lancaster draw is out and the Sting looks like they hit the lottery in the “BLIND DRAW” Sorcerer has to get by Worth. But at least the big dogs are not all in one pool. Looks pretty even. Sting getting the best of it.

Looks like the focus this week is to get the kids who have not verballed done. I don’t see Phil breaking out the “A” line up. As I suspected he will go with this group in Lancaster.

Allard 8 NW
Decker 9 Cal
Robben 3 Cal
Ariota 5 Cal When she is not pitching. When she does pitch look Decker to come to 4 and Wallace to 5
Moore 7 Dp Miss
Wallace 4 5 and 6
Burns 2 Stanford
Suitos 6
White 7 DP
Kostreba 5

Don’t see Williams or Albanise getting many innings in Lancaster. I like the batting order. When Phil broke it out last weekend it was fun to watch. Every player is fast and can hit.
sorcererfan

by NumeroUno » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:19 pm

I keep hearing a lot about this 18 Gold Sorcerer's team, when I was at the Chinese vs Victory
game last night the dude next to me said that the Sorcerer's are the team to beat.

How about some scores all weekend from the games SorcererFan.
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by sorcererfan » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:38 pm

I am not sure they are the team to beat. Gary, Tony and Marty will have a thing to say about that. If Phil can hold this core group together he should have a bright future. Lots of 09 and 10s on this team. Tammy (Cal) was at last weekends games a she had a big smile on her face.

I will report the games I watch.
sorcererfan

by sorcererfan » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:44 pm

First game complete.

Sorcerer 5 Wicked 0

Phil batted 16 players. As suspected Albanise pitched the first three innings and only gave up one hit. Phil is showcasing the unsigned players. Bats looked okay. Decker and Robben looking good. Wallace looked good. But, all will see little defensive time. The new catcher's name is Picket. Don't know where he found her. But, the kid can play. Hit a nice double. The big bats were kind of sleeping Burns had a nice single up the middle. Allard looked out of sorts going 0-2. Moore hit anothe HR. Miss is geting a great player. Kostreba still struggling. She is an 2011 so has time to pick it up.

Wicked did not have much. It must be 120 degrees out here. Some scouts at the game. Suitos will be the next kid to get verballed. She wants Cal.. Let's see if they can get her.

I will walk around and get other scores. TOO HOT.
Last edited by sorcererfan on Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sorcererfan

by NumeroUno » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:47 pm

I started another post in scores in NV
thanks
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by DHBHitting » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:31 am

Sorcerer fan was that you who said it was not that hot yet? At what point at any time out there was it not that hot yet? Geesh, that was just crazy, just too dam hot, I give the girls all the props in the world for playing in that stuff, wow, it was hot!

Don’t know about Sorcerer being the team to beat, they will be formidable for sure and did look good this weekend going I believe 4-0-1.

Teams that impressed me out of the ones I was able to see:

Cal Lite - This team is just stupid fast, it does not really make sense how fast this team is, and has a ton of power, seen them hit 4 or 5 jacks in one game. Speed and power to the max, watch out for these girls, they can play, I know I would not want to see them in my bracket.

Firecrackers-Rico - Of course right, but no I really I like how they played the game, very intense, very focused. Pitcher flat threw heat, and the defense was very nice, a little slapper heavy in that line up for me but you know Rico that is his thing. If, and I say, "IF" Sorcerer can get that far it would be a great match up this weekend if they met in the qualifying game, but Sorcerer will need to play the short game allot better or Firecrackers will beat them.

Corona Angels - Marty - Marty does it again, what else is new right. And the thing was those where his young kids out there, that program has a very bright future. Angels will be in the thick of it when it counts, as always. Was impressed with their hitting, the can stick the ball for power up and down that line up, and the thing is, I don’t believe that was the team he is bringing to Lancaster, Angels will be one of the teams to beat, as always.

Sorcerer - Phil - We have beat this horse to death, but Phil has a good team. They can play; I can’t wait to see them in action this weekend, when it really counts. I expect they should play well, there team is built in the same mold as a Lite or the Angels, all these clubs have speed and power which is a nasty combo when you got it going.
DHBHitting

by gas1254 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:25 pm

SJ Sting came out undefeated this weekend. The one team they played that is already qualified is Tulsa shootout but they did not face much competition that will prepare them for Lancaster but defineatly showed that they belong at nationals. The bats were exceptional having seven homeruns (nine if you count 2 error homeruns from slappers lol) and the pitching was also stellar only allowing two runs the whole weekend.
Bob was not there this weekend and I believe the girls really needed this to relax and have fun which is exactly what they did.
I heard the parents talking about Caitlin Breen will most likely be going to Stanford which leaves Marisa Ibarra the only uncommitted player on the team but she will defineatly be committed with the great recruiting help Chris is giving to the players.
gas1254

by DHBHitting » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:51 pm

Wow seven jacks that is hitting the ball for sure, was not able to to check the Sting out this weekend but figured they would do well. Excited to see them get after it down in Lancaster, they have a real good chance to get it done this weekend.
DHBHitting

by andy » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:40 pm

"Corona Angels - , I don’t believe that was the team he is bringing to Lancaster, Angels will be one of the teams to beat, as always."

Marty's college players and committed players were down at Bill barber in the Inaugural Sting/Cruiser Challenge and went undefeated to win it. Batbusters also split their squads between Vegas and the Challange.

Scores were posted on SPY a day ago
andy
Premium Member
Premium Member

by DHBHitting » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:07 pm

I would really like to see all of the Gold teams do just that, there is absolutely no reason for signed players/committed players/college players to be playing down in Vegas.
DHBHitting

Next

Return to CA