Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Can we get a new So Cal top 10 (12U)?

by artomatic » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:49 am

whatsup wrote:Maybe Bomb SQuad if pitcher stay healthy..She's probably the #1 pitcher in 12u..

hhhmmm, gotta disagree w/that statement...of course i might be biased towards the anderson heat pitcher... :roll:

and biased towards corona's and impact pitchers also.
Last edited by artomatic on Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by weekend4trvl » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:53 am

Your #1 should be able to go 25-30 innings in a weekend. Do you agree Artomatic
weekend4trvl

by artomatic » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:14 am

weekend4trvl wrote:Your #1 should be able to go 25-30 innings in a weekend. Do you agree Artomatic

that translates to about 5-6 games right?
i think in a two day span, that is the absolute most you should push a 12 yr old, but you have to be really careful and she has to have the right conditioning and work ethic...the old "a softball pitcher can throw all day" mindset doesnt carry the same weight as years ago, with all the repetitive-motion injuries that seem to be way more prevailant these days...not only arms, but knees, backs, hips...
i am lucky i have 2 pitchers i can rotate in a tournament, and a third that is effective and can eat up innings also...
the two usually easily throw 2 games each in a day, and have thrown 3 in a tournament's loser's bracket, but i dont like to do that...they also ice after they are done for the day...

A couple of years ago when my kid was in 10's, we entered a one-day rec league tournament that garden grove ASA puts on....she threw all 4 games, and did great, in fact struck out 19 in the 4th game..about 3 or 4 days later, she complained about her shoulder blade/back hurting. this caused her to compensate and change her mechanics, and it took a good month before she was back to normal...that really got me thinking about being more careful...ask sam about overuse injuries and pitchers...
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by NumeroUno » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:07 pm

What I have seen Anderson Heat has the #1 pitcher in 12's right now.
Corona has great pitching, so does OC Impact and Minors Gold has a #1 that will soon turn heads.

Back To Anderson Heat:
I can't mention her name unless I get permission from pop

At the FF Classic
She pitched 8-0 shutout against the dirt dogs.

She pitched 8 innings vs impact, 7 shut out innings

pitched 6-0 shutout against grapettes( suppose to be Nor Cals best)

In the quarterfinal, She came in to relieve their other great pitcher with two on no outs vs franchise and got them out of it.

She pitched 5 shutout innings against OC Impact in semis, after already pitching 2 1/2 games

I was told on Saturday that she had hurt her ankle and was limping but the truth was she had 2 huge blisters on both heels due to new shoes she wore to school.

This kid has all the makings of a HEYBUCKET MONSTER but dad says no, it is all about the entire team...

I'm sure their are a few other kids that could of had a monster weekend in Fresno, send me a story let me know what they did, I will post it. Girls that work hard and have Monster Weekends deserve a little ink.
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Skarp » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:14 pm

NumeroUno wrote:What I have seen Anderson Heat has the #1 pitcher in 12's right now
Corona has great pitching, so does OC Impact and Minors Gold has a #1 that will soon turn heads.

Back To Anderson Heat:
I can't mention her name unless I get permission from pop

She pitched 8-0 shutout against the dirt dogs.

She pitched 8 innings vs impact, 7 shut out innings

pitched 6-0 shutout against grapettes( suppose to be Nor Cals best)

In the quarterfinal, She came in to relieve their other great pitcher with two on no outs vs franchise and got them out of it.

She pitched 5 shutout innings against OC Impact in semis, after already pitching 2 1/2 games

I was told on Saturday that she had hurt her ankle and was limping but the truth was she had 2 huge blisters on both heels due to new shoes she wore to school.

This kid has all the makings of a HEYBUCKET MONSTER but dad says no, it is all about the entire team...

Sounds like daddy ball to me. ;)
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by weekend4trvl » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:25 pm

Good point..You can probaby get away with it two or three times a year, but the 10 months a year schedule these girls keep from the time they are 8-9 yrs. old - We are probably in uncharted waters. :(
weekend4trvl

by softballdad » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:46 pm

Cookie wrote:Didn't Quicksilver just beat the A's not to long ago, if that is true they can't be that bad...

So just because they beat the AA's they belong in the top 10 list lol. :)
I believe in getting into hot water. I think it keeps you clean.
softballdad

by artomatic » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:48 pm

KidsMom wrote:
softballdad wrote:
Cookie wrote:Didn't Quicksilver just beat the A's not to long ago, if that is true they can't be that bad...

Who hasn't. If that's all it takes you better make a top 20 list :P

Oh Oh...
Fire in the hole!
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Cookie » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:39 pm

softballdad wrote:

I never said that they belong in the top ten I just said that if they beat the A's they must have some talent. Are you saying that you can't go by that because the A's aren't very good? What is your point?
I'm not driving....
Cookie

by softballdad » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:22 pm

Cookie wrote:
softballdad wrote:

I never said that they belong in the top ten I just said that if they beat the A's they must have some talent. Are you saying that you can't go by that because the A's aren't very good? What is your point?

The AA's are a good team. My point is what does the AA's have to do with Quicksilver.
I believe in getting into hot water. I think it keeps you clean.
softballdad

PreviousNext

Return to CA