Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

12U ASA State

by hotwheels » Mon May 18, 2009 11:39 am

pitchersmom96 wrote:
Don't forget there are 3 teams that aren't going because they already have a berth (AA-Palomino, OCBB-Snow, CA-Lockman)

With money tight with so many folks this year, perhaps teams are choosing between going to Utah or Western Nats instead of planning to do both, so they are skipping States and going to the Triple Crown Tourny next weekend in Laguna instead.. See confirmed team list below:

With money being tight, what is everyone's opinion on where to go? Is there going to be more teams at Westerns this year than last?

Do those 3 teams that already have their berth count towards the 12 berths being given out? In other words, will they be giving out 9 berths at the State tournament or 12 additional berths?

I think the economy will limit teams that would choose to do both TCS World Series and Westerns........
hotwheels

by tfresh » Mon May 18, 2009 12:46 pm

Good Luck to all the teams this wekend at theTCT tourney this weekend
tfresh

by Clean_up » Mon May 18, 2009 1:07 pm

Hotwheels, I don't think they count towards the 12.... Those 3 were earned last year by winning and placing in USA/ASA Nats and Westerns Nats....However, I've been wrong before so if anyone knows FOR SURE, that would be great... :D
Clean_up

by bucndranch » Mon May 18, 2009 1:11 pm

Clean_up wrote:Hotwheels, I don't think they count towards the 12.... Those 3 were earned last year by winning and placing in USA/ASA Nats and Westerns Nats....However, I've been wrong before so if anyone knows FOR SURE, that would be great... :D

You are right. The verbiage states that there will be 12 berths given "AT STATE".

In order of finsih what teams qualify for regionals now? Anyone know????
bucndranch

by hotwheels » Mon May 18, 2009 1:18 pm

bucndranch wrote:
Clean_up wrote:Hotwheels, I don't think they count towards the 12.... Those 3 were earned last year by winning and placing in USA/ASA Nats and Westerns Nats....However, I've been wrong before so if anyone knows FOR SURE, that would be great... :D

You are right. The verbiage states that there will be 12 berths given "AT STATE".

Thank you for confirming.....As far as Regionals, they will take the next 8 finishers after the first 12 National berths are given/earned.....So, 13 - 21 will get a Regional berth...... :)

Could be lower than that though if any of the top 12 don't accept/decline the berth for whatever reason.... :o :o :o
hotwheels

by bucndranch » Mon May 18, 2009 1:20 pm

hotwheels wrote:
bucndranch wrote:

Thank you for confirming.....As far as Regionals, they will take the next 8 finishers after the first 12 National berths are given/earned.....So, 13 - 21 will get a Regional berth...... :)

Could be lower than that though if any of the top 12 don't accept/decline the berth for whatever reason.... :o :o :o

Thanks Wes
bucndranch

by Clean_up » Mon May 18, 2009 1:21 pm

hotwheels wrote:
bucndranch wrote:

WOW, the next EIGHT? Wasn't it like 4-7th or something last year? They really want those California teams to keep playing, $$$$ or what?
Clean_up

by NumeroUno » Mon May 18, 2009 1:25 pm

bn2themountain wrote:What fields are the 12U games being played on ?

One of the parks is Winchester Park in Winchester, Ca
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by hotwheels » Mon May 18, 2009 1:30 pm

I think ASA has finally started to see the TCS way and money talks!!! This economy has affected softball big time!!! I think in this case for the better.....

12 berths may be a few too many but 3 berths was stupid!

I like 8 a little better but I'm ok with 12.......As far as Regionals goes.......Big deal......I think most teams will go to Western's instead!
hotwheels

by bucndranch » Mon May 18, 2009 1:35 pm

hotwheels wrote:I think ASA has finally started to see the TCS way and money talks!!! This economy has affected softball big time!!! I think in this case for the better.....

12 berths may be a few too many but 3 berths was stupid!

I like 8 a little better but I'm ok with 12.......As far as Regionals goes.......Big deal......I think most teams will go to Western's instead!

Except if you finish in the top 15 even at regionals you can expect the invite. This is where ASA back fills due to nationals not selling out. They seem to invite from Ca 1st. And this year I am sure there is not a sell out. So if the show is where you wanna go, regionals is a good idea!!!
bucndranch

PreviousNext

Return to CA