Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Batting in SoCal

by BenAround » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:23 am

Looking for a good batting coach in the south bay. DD is turning 16 and needs to get better with the bat.

One obvious choice would be Phil Bruder out of Diane Lewis' school but I have heard SO MANY things about him. Mostly bad from others and of course all good from him the time I went by to check him out. :) Way over the top and seemed quite full of it.

I'm also very concerned about his past history of getting booted from ASA and moving to Colorado for 10 years or so, before moving back here after things cooled off. Does anyone know the history of that?

So, would you subject your DD to phil? Or can you recommend another batting coach.
BenAround

by artomatic » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:40 am

Tony Rico - http://softballconnection.net/ (Huntington Beach)
Mike Stith - http://www.sportstrainingcomplex.com/ (Anaheim)
Also Doug Myers at sports training complex (Anaheim, same as Stith)
Also Robert Young at both sports training complex (anaheim) and i think at the new facility in signal hill.
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sftbll4ever » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:41 am

Sftbll4ever

by NumeroUno » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:06 am

Are you looking for a hitting coach or are you here to bash Phil? Phil is good btw
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Supersuds » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:25 am

BenAround wrote:Looking for a good batting coach in the south bay. DD is turning 16 and needs to get better with the bat.

One obvious choice would be Phil Bruder out of Diane Lewis' school but I have heard SO MANY things about him. Mostly bad from others and of course all good from him the time I went by to check him out. :) Way over the top and seemed quite full of it.

I'm also very concerned about his past history of getting booted from ASA and moving to Colorado for 10 years or so, before moving back here after things cooled off. Does anyone know the history of that?

So, would you subject your DD to phil? Or can you recommend another batting coach.

Hey Bendover, tell us how you really feel !!!....(btw) Phil is Full of it... Ohh wait a minute,,,, your looking for a hitting coach. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Snapcracklepop
Supersuds

by so cal waves » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:34 am

Laura berg works out of Santa Fe springs and San Pedro

cfberg44@aol.com
Last edited by so cal waves on Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
so cal waves

by wrenchhead » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:03 pm

Last edited by wrenchhead on Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wrenchhead

by Uncle Rico » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:24 pm

OP was definitely posted as a Bruder bash. But, if you are looking for a good batting coach, I have to agree with Arto, Stith is top notch. You can't go wrong with anyone at STC.
Uncle Rico

by artomatic » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:59 pm

Uncle Rico wrote:OP was definitely posted as a Bruder bash. But, if you are looking for a good batting coach, I have to agree with Arto, Stith is top notch. You can't go wrong with anyone at STC.

I think you all are correct , that the OP was an excuse to bash mr bruder..who may or may not deserve it. but don't disguise it as a question about batting coaches....

my kid, has gone to Rico for a few years, and he does a great job. my older kid went to him for a few years also but doesn't play anymore.
As far as Stith and Myers, my kid has pitching at the same place (STC), and I see them working with their students one on one and they both know their stuff, and nice people.
Robert Young also is there, and I've heard he does a great job.
you can't go wrong taking your kid to any one of these instructors, you just have to find the one that relates best to your kid and her own personal style and personality.
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by mdupuy » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:47 pm

I'm a little biased with Bobby Medina. Big hitting organization. He is definitely for the girl, not the money. Another at STC that can't be overlooked is Chrissy Haines. She has worked my DD into a solid hitter. The best thing is she teaches what a batter should be looking for. She pitches live, no machines.
mdupuy

Next

Return to CA