by SiberianQueen » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:06 pm
I agree with sbfan. Get your DD in the door with a top notch organization (if she is a 2nd year 12U or above player) which has a great gold program. Establish yourself in the organization, prove you're there for the long run and if your daughter is thrieving, she will get her due justice in time. I know it can get frustrating if she rides the pine for awhile, but you have to look down the road. Re-evaluate your goals for DD. College scholarship? Then go for the best! Wait to long, and it might be really hard to get on one of those top 10 teams. Same thing has happened to us, DD played on a couple of "hometown" teams, no offense to them, but when we got hooked up with a top 10 organization, we were amazed at the skill level of the other girls! WOW, VERY eye opening. I would have done things WAY different in hind site. I gladly drive 60+ minutes to my DD team, no problem! IMHO, go for it.
Best of luck at your try-outs!!!!
"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who's going to stop me?!"
Ayn Rand