Is Heybucket shooting themselves in the foot

What's on your mind?

by NumeroUno » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:57 am

We are working on a few things. Should be cleared up soon
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by corleone » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:20 am

I'd like to put out a suggestion if I may (and no offense meant by this)

Why not make the classifieds paid to post only?

Disallowing the public to read the tryout postings, is only doing your paid customers a disservice, nobody can see their postings unless they also pay.

You want eyes to see the listings, this is a big mistake IMO.

Please reconsider.
corleone
Premium Member
Premium Member

by NumeroUno » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:26 am

corleone wrote:I'd like to put out a suggestion if I may (and no offense meant by this)

Disallowing the public to read the tryout postings, is only doing your paid customers a disservice, nobody can see their postings unless they also pay.

Please reconsider.

No one comes on the site just to look at the classified adds. The announcement forums are $12 a year $1 a month. I constantly have to pay for things and upgrades no one knows about. Just for instance last year i paid my web guy almost $800 for the year just to change the headliner pictures, and that was by far the least expensive thing for the year. Out of 47 positive PMs i have recieved since the change i think i only have seen about 3 negative comments.

No one likes change I get it. Thank you for your input.
premium.html
NumeroUno

by crankshaft » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:55 am

Heybucket softball website
could have started as a
pay to use membership and this conversation wouldnt be happening.
Example:
The NFCA National Fastpitch Coaches Association is a paid membership.
BTW Anyone can join.

There are other websites used in other states to connect teams tryouts ect., but they are by no means comparable to Heybucket #1 Calif. resource !
crankshaft

by NumeroUno » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:01 am

crankshaft wrote:Heybucket softball website
could have started as a
pay to use membership and this conversation wouldnt be happening.
Example:
The NFCA National Fastpitch Coaches Association is a paid membership.
BTW Anyone can join.

There are other websites used in other states to connect teams tryouts ect., but they are by no means comparable to Heybucket #1 Calif. resource !

We have members from over 40 states. Did you also know that world wide people have signed into Heybucket from 106 countries. And before the rock throwers bomb me I know some are just a google search that made the wrong turn but that’s your Sunday HB trivia.
premium.html
NumeroUno

by cxcxcxcxcx » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:15 pm

It’s crazy to me you guys are complaining about $12 a year for such a valuable site considering you all spend $100-$400 per bat and $100-200 per month for dues ect ect ect.

Thank you so much for offering a great resource to the SB community.
cxcxcxcxcx
Premium Member
Premium Member

by NumeroUno » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:38 pm

cxcxcxcxcx wrote:It’s crazy to me you guys are complaining about $12 a year for such a valuable site considering you all spend $100-$400 per bat and $100-200 per month for dues ect ect ect.

Thank you so much for your kind words and support :D
premium.html
NumeroUno

by jessicaC » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:16 am

corleone wrote:I'd like to put out a suggestion if I may (and no offense meant by this)

Please reconsider.

This was exactly my point too. By only allowing paid members to see the classified ads / tryouts etc. Heybucket just lowered the value of the paid subscriptions. Less people will now see them. This seems nonsensical to me.
jessicaC
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jessicaC » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:18 am

cxcxcxcxcx wrote:It’s crazy to me you guys are complaining about $12 a year for such a valuable site considering you all spend $100-$400 per bat and $100-200 per month for dues ect ect ect.

I am not complaining about the $12/year, as you can see I paid my membership. I am saying I think it lowered the value of the membership paid or otherwise to have to pay to even see a classified ad, or see a tryout ad.
jessicaC
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jessicaC » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:25 am

NumeroUno wrote:
jessicaC wrote:
NumeroUno wrote:
I know exactly where are the traffic is on heybucket, the fastpitch boards have far more traffic then the Announcement forums. The Fastpitch boards are free. I do not care that people just use the site to look for teams, tourneys, friendlies ect. That's what we are here for.

Dear #1,

The only thing I object to with the change is that it requires one to login to see the Announcement Boards. That is a change to how people will use Heybucket and not how other forums throughout the internet are used. Currently I see 170 guests online and 9 registered users. So those 170 guests cannot view Announcements. This limits the value added we pay.

Thank you,

Maybe those 170 don’t want to look at the announcements right now? I’m not sure. Isn’t it easy to just sign on? I have mine set for automatic sign on.

Dear #1, but that proves my point doesn't it? At that time most were not logged in and only 9 were.

I'm
Going to check with my web guy about the guests n see where they are looking.

But that won't help. Because we know guests cannot see the Announcements / Tryouts / Classified ads etc.

Thank you,
jessicaC
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions