Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Softball

U of A.... what's going on over there

Everything you want to know about the greatest game

by NumeroUno » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:32 am

rdelawder12 wrote:I dont see Kelly Fox on the roster??

http://www.arizonawildcats.com/sports/w ... l-mtt.html

Pendley's name is still on that roster and she isn't there, maybe they haven't updated it
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by rdelawder12 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:41 am

I found Kellie Fox on UCLA's roster that plays SS, but cant find a Kelly Fox that pitched for UCLA or am I missing something? Are we saying Kellie Fox, SS transferred to UofA and maybe that's why Pendly is leaving?
rdelawder12

by jmo » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:48 am

rdelawder12 wrote:I found Kellie Fox on UCLA's roster that plays SS, but cant find a Kelly Fox that pitched for UCLA or am I missing something? Are we saying Kellie Fox, SS transferred to UofA and maybe that's why Pendly is leaving?

You are missing something. Arizona has a freshman pitcher that has been one of the top pitchers in travel for the past 4-5 years. You dismissed her completely. You obviously haven't seen her pitch.

And no that is not why Pendley is transferring. I can tell you that Pendley transferring has nothing to do with U of A pitching.

Fox will sit out this year and have two years eligibility starting next year.
"It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a Psycho the rest of your life."
jmo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by rdelawder12 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:46 am

Didn't dismiss, just didn't get any notes on her from the fall season, so assumed she didn't throw much and no idea what she can become in 2 years....
rdelawder12

by rdelawder12 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:34 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
rdelawder12 wrote:Didn't dismiss, just didn't get any notes on her from the fall season, so assumed she didn't throw much and no idea what she can become in 2 years....

Didn't dismiss??? This was your statement:

rdelawder12 wrote: because the team has no pitching!! UofA doesn't have any up and coming pitchers either that can make an immediate impact over the next couple of years...

Don't know what else you would call it.

Ok then we will call it what it is, and since I've heard nothing then I'll say the no impact over the next couple of years has to be correct. Most Majors that get a Freshman Stud are usually giving her all the innings in the fall and spring. Since I haven't heard anything then maybe she will be an impact in a couple of years, but not this coming year and probably not next. Who knows till spring rolls out and that's right around the corner and I'll be at the Kajikowa to watch and be happy to post a correct comment!
rdelawder12

by ontheblack » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:51 pm

rdelawder12 wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:
rdelawder12 wrote:Didn't dismiss, just didn't get any notes on her from the fall season, so assumed she didn't throw much and no idea what she can become in 2 years....

Didn't dismiss??? This was your statement:

rdelawder12 wrote: because the team has no pitching!! UofA doesn't have any up and coming pitchers either that can make an immediate impact over the next couple of years...

Don't know what else you would call it.

Ok then we will call it what it is, and since I've heard nothing then I'll say the no impact over the next couple of years has to be correct. Most Majors that get a Freshman Stud are usually giving her all the innings in the fall and spring. Since I haven't heard anything then maybe she will be an impact in a couple of years, but not this coming year and probably not next. Who knows till spring rolls out and that's right around the corner and I'll be at the Kajikowa to watch and be happy to post a correct comment!

More accurate would be "I have no freakin' clue what Im talking about since I didnt know she was one of the top pitchers in the country, having never seen her play."

The kid is good.

Here is what Mark Campbell said about her after Royal lost to his Pacifica team last spring:
"Bowling is a warrior. She is tough. She's one of the best in the nation. You just hope to get a run and make it hold up.
ontheblack

by rdelawder12 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:08 pm

I found some interesting reading, knowing the NPF squad is the best of the best, but they also played against many top programs this fall, so you draw your own conclusions in regards to the pitching staff comparisions.! Here is a weblink so you can compare how some of the top teams across the country faired against the NPF All Stars this past fall, then you can draw your own conclusions, as Bowling gave up 4 HR's in her 3 innings....

http://profastpitch.com/news/index.html ... chive=2012

Shelby Babcock held the NPF All-Stars without a hit for the first two innings, but a nine-run third began a 21-hit, 23-run onslaught. Babcock pitched two inning and faced seven batters in the third. Babcock allowed seven runs on five hits while walking three. She was relieved by Nancy Bowling who pitched three innings and allowed eight runs on nine hits while walking two and striking out one. Estela Piñon allowed eight runs on seven hits in her two innings of work.

NPF knocked six home runs in the contest; Nikia Williams and Angeline Quiocho hit two each. Quiocho and Ashley Charters led the All-Stars with six RBI apiece.

Babcock did not allow a hit until the third inning when she allowed seven hits and seven runs without getting an out. She was relieved by Bowling who entered in the game with no one out and the bases loaded. Bowling allowed three hits and two runs of her own in the nine-run third.

Caitlin Lowe, Charters, Kelly Kretschman, Kelsey Bruder and Kaylyn Castillo drove in runs in the inning as the NPF All-Stars sent 12 batters to the plate in the frame. Charters had two separate RBI hits in the inning.

In the home half of the third, Arizona got a run back when Alex Lavine walked and Chelsea Suitos singled to put runners on the corners for Hallie Wilson. The sophomore hit a comebacker to the circle but first baseman GiOnna DeSalvatore was pulled off the bag allowing Lavine to score from third.

NPF added to its lead in the fourth with a solo home run from Williams and a two-run bomb from Charlotte Morgan to make it 12-1.

In the fifth, Williams homered again, a solo homer, to give the All-Stars a 13-1 advantage.

A two-run blast off the bat of Quiocho chased Bowling in the sixth. Piñon entered and got the next three batters to end the frame.
rdelawder12

by ocsoftball » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:01 pm

SO why did the UCLA shortstop leave any reason.
In her profile she said UCLA was the best school academically and then softball program had a great tradition.
So im asking why leave after your SOPH. year
ocsoftball

by Kool-Aid » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:47 pm

ocsoftball wrote:SO why did the UCLA shortstop leave any reason.
In her profile she said UCLA was the best school academically and then softball program had a great tradition.

fire or the furnace, whats hotter :?:
Kool-Aid

by rdelawder12 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:14 pm

ocsoftball wrote:SO why did the UCLA shortstop leave any reason.

I dont believe the SS left, it was said in an earlier post it was a Pitcher named Kelly, not Kellie the SS.
rdelawder12

PreviousNext

Return to College Softball