Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Softball

Cathedral City Classic

Everything you want to know about the greatest game

by Sftbll4ever » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:16 pm

Yeah, but only a select few are on Gametracker. Rats.
Sftbll4ever

by PDad » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:07 pm

Sftbll4ever wrote:Yeah, but only a select few are on Gametracker. Rats.

14 games today out of 19 isn't too shabby - assuming they all go live. It may depend on the schools playing...
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by DonnieS » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:47 pm

The cool thing about this tournament is if you stand in the right place, you can see multiple top 10 games at one time. I remember standing up in the snack bar, I think with a certain vision impaired rodent and his beautiful family (much more beautiful than the rodent btw) , and seeing Washington, Oregon, Arizona State, A&M, Texas, Oklahoma, UCLA, all going at one time. Talk about a kid in a candy store. This is a tournament that if you have the chance to go to, go. Great variety of hotels, even the Days Inn I stayed in was decent, and lots of places to eat, and not bad bbq there at the park (it wasn't texas bbq, but they tried). And lots of heybucket friends in every direction.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Blind Squirrel » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:51 am

DonnieS wrote:The cool thing about this tournament is if you stand in the right place, you can see multiple top 10 games at one time. I remember standing up in the snack bar, I think with a certain vision impaired rodent and his beautiful family (much more beautiful than the rodent btw) , and seeing Washington, Oregon, Arizona State, A&M, Texas, Oklahoma, UCLA, all going at one time. Talk about a kid in a candy store. This is a tournament that if you have the chance to go to, go. Great variety of hotels, even the Days Inn I stayed in was decent, and lots of places to eat, and not bad bbq there at the park (it wasn't texas bbq, but they tried). And lots of heybucket friends in every direction.

I remember that tournament well. The best time I've ever had at a tournament. Well, except for when my fragile snowflake had an extra base hit mercillessly taken from her by a certain Donnie S. offspring who caught it. With friends like Donnie who needs a wife.

Sniveling Squirrel
10 years from now I'll wish I felt like I do these days.
Blind Squirrel
Premium Member
Premium Member

by DonnieS » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:37 pm

Blind Squirrel wrote:
DonnieS wrote:The cool thing about this tournament is if you stand in the right place, you can see multiple top 10 games at one time. I remember standing up in the snack bar, I think with a certain vision impaired rodent and his beautiful family (much more beautiful than the rodent btw) , and seeing Washington, Oregon, Arizona State, A&M, Texas, Oklahoma, UCLA, all going at one time. Talk about a kid in a candy store. This is a tournament that if you have the chance to go to, go. Great variety of hotels, even the Days Inn I stayed in was decent, and lots of places to eat, and not bad bbq there at the park (it wasn't texas bbq, but they tried). And lots of heybucket friends in every direction.

I remember that tournament well. The best time I've ever had at a tournament. Well, except for when my fragile snowflake had an extra base hit mercillessly taken from her by a certain Donnie S. offspring who caught it. With friends like Donnie who needs a wife.

Sniveling Squirrel

I heard she got an extra snow cone after the game for that catch.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by NumeroUno » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:42 pm

Thank you Deb you did a wonderful job. The only tourney better than that might be the college world series. The weather was perfect the competition was great and lots of good folks watching ball.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1095055569 ... j1_YbN7QE#
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by PairOfAces » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:46 pm

My DDs and I really enjoyed our 2 days at the Classic, although the Lady Vols lost both games we watched on Friday. So we fought the cold and wind and stayed to watch Ivy Renfroe dominate UCSB last night. Tennessee doesn't seem to have enough hitting to go to the WCWS, but Raven Chavane looked really good.

Obviously the Sooners looked great, and UCLA looked good, which surprised me because there was a lot of talk on HB that they were down this year. I didn't watch much of any Washington game, but they were smashing the ball all over the place. Hitting that good, or so/so pitching?

Who else looked like contenders?
PairOfAces
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to College Softball