Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Softball

Kalafatis out at The Ohio State University

Everything you want to know about the greatest game

by ohiodad » Thu May 17, 2012 7:15 am

Any thoughts on candidates, and what impact this will have on a couple of verbal commitments that may, or may not play an impact on their decision to go to OSU.
ohiodad

by NumeroUno » Thu May 17, 2012 7:37 am

Sad day for Coach K, Ali and coach D. They are all wonderful people. The scary part for the new recruits is will the new coaching staff like them. Ohio St says they have no coaches in mind yet which I find hard to believe a program that big lets someone go before they have new troops coming in. Good luck to Coach K and company, I am sure they will all find a new home
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by ohiodad » Thu May 17, 2012 8:02 am

I dont believe they do have anyone but believe they have a short list. Probably wont find out until after college world series. Not much talk about it in Ohio , suprisingly .
ohiodad

by NumeroUno » Thu May 17, 2012 8:30 am

Keep us updated on what's going on over there in Ohio. :D
premium.html
NumeroUno

by rdelawder12 » Thu May 17, 2012 6:37 pm

Based on seeing the recruiting over the past couple of years, and losing the IN-STATE #1 Pitcher to Washington from the 2015 class, it's probably justified! The Ohio State Buckeyes should be able to play with Michigan and others that are in the tops of the Big 10, but Kal was unable to make that happen. Losing Erica Beach to UNM didn't help any at all, so the writing was on the wall and this seasons play was proof of why a change was needed. Maybe Ohio State will look at Coach Wilson who was released by University of Arizona this past summer??????
rdelawder12

by NumeroUno » Thu May 17, 2012 7:53 pm

Wilson, humm interesting. She didn't do to great of a recruiting job for AZ did she?
premium.html
NumeroUno

by rdelawder12 » Thu May 17, 2012 8:56 pm

She did great at UofA and in my opinion should still be there today! However when one of the top teams in the country dont get it done in Oklahoma, somebody has to pay the price. I personally think Coach Wilson would get Ohio State to Oklahoma!!!!
rdelawder12

by NumeroUno » Thu May 17, 2012 9:19 pm

So when I mean if U of A doesn't make it Okla who will get the boot this year?
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Trophy Hunter » Fri May 18, 2012 6:27 am

NumeroUno wrote:Sad day for Coach K, Ali and coach D. They are all wonderful people. The scary part for the new recruits is will the new coaching staff like them. Ohio St says they have no coaches in mind yet which I find hard to believe a program that big lets someone go before they have new troops coming in. Good luck to Coach K and company, I am sure they will all find a new home

Don't let a coach's persona on the recruiting trail fool you. Not speaking to Coach K, but they aren't all so sweet and bubbly once they get their recruits on campus.
Ladies, if a man tells you he will fix it, he will fix it. There is no reason to remind him about it every six months.
Trophy Hunter

by rdelawder12 » Fri May 18, 2012 7:01 am

NumeroUno wrote:So when I mean if U of A doesn't make it Okla who will get the boot this year?

I do believe UofA will get to Oklahoma this year, Babcock is throwing alot better this year than last and Fowler is healthy. UofA bats can explode anytime as Coach Candrea does a wonderful job with his offense and defense. I'm sure Kalafatis will end up somewhere, she's a good coach, but losing recruits and her pitching coach didn't help any. JMO
rdelawder12

Next

Return to College Softball