Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Softball

Kalafatis out at The Ohio State University

Everything you want to know about the greatest game

by NumeroUno » Fri May 18, 2012 7:58 am

Trophy Hunter wrote:
NumeroUno wrote:Sad day for Coach K, Ali and coach D. They are all wonderful people. The scary part for the new recruits is will the new coaching staff like them. Ohio St says they have no coaches in mind yet which I find hard to believe a program that big lets someone go before they have new troops coming in. Good luck to Coach K and company, I am sure they will all find a new home

Don't let a coach's persona on the recruiting trail fool you. Not speaking to Coach K, but they aren't all so sweet and bubbly once they get their recruits on campus.

Not only have I talked to her and her coaching staff many times I have talked to her players and one of my good friends dd goes there right now and they all love those coaches. Not sure what you are talking about. Yes some coaches will be all warm and fuzzy to hook you and once you get there the nails and fangs pop out, not the case at Ohio
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by ohiodad » Tue May 22, 2012 11:14 am

No word yet... lots of speculation about male or female . Rumors are what they are ... Heard they have a short list ....
ohiodad

by jonriv » Tue May 22, 2012 11:25 am

Would seem like a great job

-good brand

-ample resources

-a school looking to make an impact
jonriv

by Trophy Hunter » Tue May 22, 2012 3:19 pm

Rumor has it he is still coaching this weekend, and may be coaching next weekend as well.

In any case they will have to move quickly if they want to land top recruits. This summer could be absolute recruiting madness, as On Deck Softball is now prospecting out as far as 2016s and 2017s! From their website "We are looking forward to an active Spring as we continue to evaluate young players in the 2016 and 2017 classes, and as we get to as many High School games as possible."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't 2017s in about 7th grade right now? :shock:

Da shi cray, yo! :lol:
Ladies, if a man tells you he will fix it, he will fix it. There is no reason to remind him about it every six months.
Trophy Hunter

by rdelawder12 » Wed May 23, 2012 8:55 am

Trophy Hunter wrote:Rumor has it he is still coaching this weekend, and may be coaching next weekend as well.

In any case they will have to move quickly if they want to land top recruits. This summer could be absolute recruiting madness, as On Deck Softball is now prospecting out as far as 2016s and 2017s! From their website "We are looking forward to an active Spring as we continue to evaluate young players in the 2016 and 2017 classes, and as we get to as many High School games as possible."

Newest Rumor: Coach Erickson from USF, why would he leave USF?
rdelawder12

by Trophy Hunter » Wed May 23, 2012 12:25 pm

rdelawder12 wrote:
Trophy Hunter wrote:Rumor has it he is still coaching this weekend, and may be coaching next weekend as well.

Newest Rumor: Coach Erickson from USF, why would he leave USF?

That depends on his goals. One obvious answer would be money, not only in his pocket, but at the school. Ohio State has tons of money and will likely allocate a budget for softball that most coaches can only dream about. With that he could immediately go toe to toe with Hutch, KIP, Meyers, Murphy et al for elite national recruits. He has put together a nice program at USF, but this would be operating on a different scale altogether.

Imagine how the landscape of the Big Ten changes if he brings Nevins with him to Columbus. :shock: They instantly leapfrog everyone to join Michigan at the top of the conference.

Besides, South Florida isn't even in South Florida. :lol:
Ladies, if a man tells you he will fix it, he will fix it. There is no reason to remind him about it every six months.
Trophy Hunter

by rdelawder12 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:41 pm

They hired the Miami of Ohio Coach, who has no experience at the level Ohio State plays, so if your headed to Ohio State, may wonder what the goals are of the University. A lot better candidates interviewed, but they hired the one that cost the least. hmmmmm???
rdelawder12

by Trophy Hunter » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:58 pm

rdelawder12 wrote:They hired the Miami of Ohio Coach, who has no experience at the level Ohio State plays, so if your headed to Ohio State, may wonder what the goals are of the University. A lot better candidates interviewed, but they hired the one that cost the least. hmmmmm???

By all accounts she's a good coach, and few candidates had the experience at OSU's level. But it's not an enviable position, considering they already have commits in 2012 (4), 2013 (2) 2014 (3) and even a 2015, meaning it will be maybe 7 or 8 years before she has a full roster of her own players. With so many teams in the Big 10 that look to be on the upswing, it's a very tough job to take on and I'm sure other candidates took that into consideration.
Trophy Hunter

by Trophy Hunter » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:39 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
Trophy Hunter wrote:considering they already have commits in 2012 (4), 2013 (2) 2014 (3) and even a 2015, meaning it will be maybe 7 or 8 years before she has a full roster of her own players.

She has no obligation to the early verbals by the previous coach. She could start almost immediately building "her" roster.

That's true, but the top '12s are long ago committed, along with most of the top 13s, and many of the top 14s. At least its not Texas Tech, where they have something like 11 kids coming in this year alone! :shock: :shock:
Trophy Hunter

by rdelawder12 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:20 pm

Trophy Hunter wrote:
rdelawder12 wrote:They hired the Miami of Ohio Coach, who has no experience at the level Ohio State plays, so if your headed to Ohio State, may wonder what the goals are of the University. A lot better candidates interviewed, but they hired the one that cost the least. hmmmmm???

By all accounts she's a good coach, and few candidates had the experience at OSU's level. But it's not an enviable position, considering they already have commits in 2012 (4), 2013 (2) 2014 (3) and even a 2015, meaning it will be maybe 7 or 8 years before she has a full roster of her own players. With so many teams in the Big 10 that look to be on the upswing, it's a very tough job to take on and I'm sure other candidates took that into consideration.

You really think she will be there 7 or 8 years? I'm going to go with a max of 4 and I feel that's pushing it!! JMO
rdelawder12

Previous

Return to College Softball