Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Softball

Police investigating MSU softball coach

Everything you want to know about the greatest game

by NumeroUno » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:34 am

Police investigating MSU softball coach for ordering pitching coach to bean a batter during BP. Two sides to every story

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports ... /71104834/
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by jonriv » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:35 am

Player never should have made comments and certainly would be OK with benching, but if the accusations are ttrue about intentional beaning that is just outrageous. The scary thing is we probably can all think of some vindictive acts by coaches in our own past that might have crossed the line.......
jonriv

by eclipse09 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:46 am

Nothing is off the record that is for sure. Anything said will either get printed wrong or will get out there.

I don't get the intentional beaning, but I have seen retaliation using playing time so anything is possible.
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by as the world turns » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:29 am

Only 66 wins over 4 years?
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by jonriv » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:08 pm

as the world turns wrote:Only 66 wins over 4 years?

Is that the real crime :D
jonriv

by exD1dad » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:58 pm

eclipse09 "nothing is off the record" ? What world do you live in? One where you don't keep your word or promise you've made to another human being?

Kid goes 4 years & doesn't get HBP in BP then suddenly it happens twice??? & what's wrong with telling the truth? sounds like our current government leadership has trickled down to Big 10 softball .

What, the head coach doesn't know the talent she's brought in hasn't gotten the job done? Of course she does! So woman up & own it don't pull some bush league revenge move by having an asst whose brown eyes were probably blue when she got her job hurt one of your best players for the last 4 years.

There's a pro softball player who transferred out of MSU in the last decade & she was an asst @ DD's HS 4 yrs ago & I always wondered, but never asked why she left. I just knew she was happy where she landed. when I read news accounts like this it seems obvious.
"It's not giving up if you discover you've been chasing the wrong destiny" -Morley LA street artist who posted this on Melrose Avenue in Jan '14
exD1dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by NumeroUno » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:25 pm

The conclusion:

From Lansing State Journal:
Prosecutors won't charge MSU softball coaches
Investigation stemmed from allegations coaches conspired to hit a player intentionally during batting practice

http://on.lsj.com/1LpKyq1
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by as the world turns » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:37 pm

That's great, they can now refocus and continue their tradition of winning. :?
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by eclipse09 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:03 pm

exD1dad wrote:eclipse09 "nothing is off the record" ? What world do you live in? One where you don't keep your word or promise you've made to another human being?

Kid goes 4 years & doesn't get HBP in BP then suddenly it happens twice??? & what's wrong with telling the truth? sounds like our current government leadership has trickled down to Big 10 softball .

What, the head coach doesn't know the talent she's brought in hasn't gotten the job done? Of course she does! So woman up & own it don't pull some bush league revenge move by having an asst whose brown eyes were probably blue when she got her job hurt one of your best players for the last 4 years.

There's a pro softball player who transferred out of MSU in the last decade & she was an asst @ DD's HS 4 yrs ago & I always wondered, but never asked why she left. I just knew she was happy where she landed. when I read news accounts like this it seems obvious.

I am referring to the print media or any kind of media for that matter. I have been burned by people who said my comments were off the record and ended up getting printed anyway (related to my line of work). The sad truth is the majority of print, tv and internet reporters/bloggers want a story so anytime there is an interview words can get twisted or get back to the person they were talking about that wasn't the way they meant it. I always keep my promises and do trust a number of good friends, but I will never trust the media..........
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:33 am

jonriv

Return to College Softball