Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

DRAW TONIGHT PGF National Qualifier - So Cal

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by ontheblack » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:25 pm

newbi wrote:Why is it so difficult to put these brackets out - Triple Crown had no problems last weekend with their brackets and they had almost 250 teams!!!

The entire softball world knows that there are only two orgs that count: ASA and PGF.
TCS doesnt count, as they are only about the money, which is why there were 250 teams. PGF was formed because ASA had issues. PGF was the solution to that, so therefor any problems you are having with PGF are obviously YOUR problems.

Geez, this isnt rocket science.
ontheblack

by newbi » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:27 pm

Why are they having a 6:00 berth game on Sunday for 16's and they have 3 days to get this tournament done????
newbi

by ontheblack » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:30 pm

newbi wrote:Why are they having a 6:00 berth game on Sunday for 16's and they have 3 days to get this tournament done????

This would be easier if you just published all of your complaints at one time, either as an punch list or manifesto.
ontheblack

by fastpitchdad05 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:32 pm

newbi wrote:Why are they having a 6:00 berth game on Sunday for 16's and they have 3 days to get this tournament done????

Why are you so critical?

I smell a rat...sure you're a "newbi". :roll:
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by NumeroUno » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:45 pm

newbi this is a national qualifier not a showcase where everyone gets 5 games. They are trying to get it out as soon as possible and they are trying to make sure everthing is right. Their is more to it than you think. I am not sure how many national qualifiers you have ran but their is a lot to think about.
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by faster » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:04 pm

This is agony...C'mon...i know somebody has pics of the draw.......be a bucketeer and throw em up
faster
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jmo » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:26 pm

faster wrote:This is agony...C'mon...i know somebody has pics of the draw.......be a bucketeer and throw em up

18U winner brackets are up. Losers Brackets will be up shortly.
"It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a Psycho the rest of your life."
jmo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:22 pm

Spazsdad wrote:

Have you ever played a double elim tournament to completion. It takes a long time to weed all the teams out through the losers bracket since they can't play the next team until that team is eliminated from the winners bracket.

I was with you right up to the last part. Once the losers bracket gets started, they should never be waiting for a team to drop down because they play 2 games for almost every round in the winner's bracket, They should only be waiting on the field schedule.

newbi - It's simply a lot of long games spaced 2 hours apart and they try to minimize the number of games on Friday. The 18U winners bracket games are at 4:00, so their final games must be at 8:00.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Rotatorcuff » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:42 pm

Great schedule......NOT! San Diego county schools are still in session with many kids scheduled for finals on Friday.

I guess that's one way to thin the field and get the games in. We'll get to start in the loser bracket with a 1st game forfeit.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Was this even considered when you planned your qualifier? I'm guessing LA and OC county schools are done. SD continues to get the shaft.
Rotatorcuff

by PDad » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:18 pm

Rotatorcuff wrote:Great schedule......NOT! San Diego county schools are still in session with many kids scheduled for finals on Friday.

I guess that's one way to thin the field and get the games in. We'll get to start in the loser bracket with a 1st game forfeit.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Was this even considered when you planned your qualifier? I'm guessing LA and OC county schools are done. SD continues to get the shaft.

Yes, it is a giant conspiracy against SD! We synchronized all the school district calendars in LA and OC to finish before SD so PGF could stick it to LoCal. :lol: Our district finishes this week, but others are next week and beyond (e.g. Irvine 6/25).

You and newbi (see below) need to get together and figure this out for us.

PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch