Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Premier National Championship Fee...Really?

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by respectthegame » Wed May 01, 2013 2:03 pm

Is Premier really charging $1,700 a team to play in the National Championship in Orange County? What are teams getting for that cost that they wouldn't get for $1,200 in Triple Crown? What is ASA charging for Nationals this year?
respectthegame
Premium Member
Premium Member

by NumeroUno » Wed May 01, 2013 2:51 pm

PGF has a lot of TV games that are very expensive. TC nationals are not 1,200 I think its $1,500, unless u are talking park city which I don't know what the cost of that is. TC also has many TV games. As for this thing you talk about ASA....what's that? Many years ago I may of heard something about ASA but it may have been a dream. :lol: Not sure what ASA charges but I wish someone from ASA would come on here and talk sometime.
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by respectthegame » Wed May 01, 2013 3:04 pm

Yeah thats true regarding the disappearing ASA. Triple Crown for 10U-14U are all $1,200 including the Sparkler in Colorado. I am just wondering why they are charging that much. I know most of us want to stay local in So Cal especially with our talent level in all divisions but man they are sure charging a boat load to participate.
respectthegame
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Wed May 01, 2013 3:43 pm

respectthegame wrote:Is Premier really charging $1,700 a team to play in the National Championship in Orange County? What are teams getting for that cost that they wouldn't get for $1,200 in Triple Crown? What is ASA charging for Nationals this year?

Entry fees are an insignificant cost compared to travel expenses (e.g. hotel, air/car), so events that are local for a team always have a cost advantage.

TCS 12U doesn't conflict with either PGF or ASA. Some teams will probably do both like some 14U teams did last year.

TCS 14U (Reno) is same week as PGF 14u this year. Where do you think the best teams and college coaches will be?

ASA 12U is $400 + Gate Fees ($40-45/adult, $20-25/12-17yo) + Concessions (no coolers or outside food)
ASA 14U is $450 + Gate Fees ($50/adult, $30/6-18yo) + Concessions (no coolers or outside food)
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Wed May 01, 2013 5:04 pm

respectthegame wrote:Is Premier really charging $1,700 a team to play in the National Championship in Orange County? What are teams getting for that cost that they wouldn't get for $1,200 in Triple Crown? What is ASA charging for Nationals this year?

National Championship? There are only two in the US...NCAA and ASA. Anything else is a copy cat. :D
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by ontheblack » Wed May 01, 2013 7:55 pm

Battle wrote:

National Championship? There are only two in the US...NCAA and ASA. Anything else is a copy cat. :D

You cantmake that claim with ASA when a majority of the best teams dont play ASA Nats anymore.
ontheblack

by lvtwft » Thu May 02, 2013 12:01 am

Battle wrote:

Who let the Texas folk run free and start responding on other boards? :lol:

With having Games on TV, depends how the on contract is, they should get money for advertising during their time slots...? Now does that off set the cost for everything....?

Also, I know 16s can participate in all 3 this year if they want...TCS Tahoe, PGF Huntington Beach , and ASA in Sunnyvale....
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"
Albert Einstein
lvtwft

by jonriv » Thu May 02, 2013 3:54 am

Is the TV exposure worth it?

Maybe someday they can get paid to their "product" on TV (like the Little League World Series)
jonriv

by TheCloser » Fri May 03, 2013 6:57 am

What? Y'all thought that Baby Bash was free last year? :lol:
TheCloser

by NumeroUno » Fri May 03, 2013 7:34 am

I heard from many girls that went to the PGF opening ceremonies last year that is was the best opening day ceremony that they had ever attended. Rumor has it with city fees, the band and everything else PGF did for the opener it was well over $50,000. TV games are very expensive maybe $90K a game.

It's only worth the 90K if your DD's team makes a TV game :lol: :lol:
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

Next

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch