Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

PGF 18U Divisions - Premier and Platinum

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by NumeroUno » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:01 pm

PDad I have seen you post great stuff on here before but........

Do you really think the reason they are doing this is just for insurance and registration? Come on
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by MavFan » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:08 pm

NumeroUno wrote:PDad I have seen you post great stuff on here before but........

Do you really think the reason they are doing this is just for insurance and registration? Come on

Then what is the reason Uno? Too try an choke out ASA?
MavFan

by NumeroUno » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:18 pm

MavFan wrote:
NumeroUno wrote:PDad I have seen you post great stuff on here before but........

Then what is the reason Uno? Too try an choke out ASA?

Right now I really don't know why. I just don't think it is just to get insurance and registration.

Maybe they want to expand and a business that isn't growing is dying right.

Maybe PGF will be the next great governing body of softball coast to coast. ASA doesn't really seem to care about fast pitch. Maybe PGF knocks them out and next thing you know every little girl throughout this great nation is now playing PGF softball.

With all this talk on the bucket why hasn't one person from ASA came on here and responded. They know it's going on I contacted them to get involved. I personally have nothing bad to say about ASA, I loved every ASA national tourney I went to no matter how many mosquito bites I had. ASA has a lot on it's plate and I just don't think fast pitch is the main dish.
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Trophy Hunter » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:25 pm

MavFan, last summer a lot of teams that tried to qualify PGF but didn't quite make it in ended up not playing at all in August, because the qualifier dates conflicted with ASA. In essence, by opting to play (support) PGF, they eliminated themselves from any ASA year end tournaments. Which, if you asked the girls, totally sucked.

I suspect the regional tournaments are, at least in part, in response to that complaint. While I suspect they didn't initially think through the ramifications of scheduling conflicting qualifier dates, (ie. so many players and teams that were supportive wouldn't be able to play anywhere) they have now addressed that concern ( if they in fact do these regionals). In that regard its a good move that doesn't impact the exclusivity of Nats in HB, but gives supportive teams a season ending venue for the girls to compete. A very good thing, IMO.

I've never been shy about expressing concerns when it comes to PGF, or anyone for that matter, so it's only fair to come out in support of this, for the reasons mentioned. While it may mimic the ASA model, there arent really a lot of different ways to expand your precense in other markets. If this move is well received, it will lead lead to more teams playing PGF qualifiers, and in turn strengthen the National tournament, also a good thing. :D
Ladies, if a man tells you he will fix it, he will fix it. There is no reason to remind him about it every six months.
Trophy Hunter

by PDad » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:33 pm

Not solely, but it is an important part of their business - just like ASA. I didn't mean it as a criticism - they are just growing their business and there's nothing wrong with that.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by NumeroUno » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:39 pm

PDad wrote:

Not solely, but it is an important part of their business - just like ASA. I didn't mean it as a criticism - they are just growing their business and there's nothing wrong with that.

If you think about it team Insurance is cheap. At the low cost it's hard to believe their is any money left on the bone to shell out. I could be wrong and I guess even if you make $10 a team and you eventually get 10,000 20,000 or 50,000 teams nation wide that all adds up. I have no idea and I have no idea if they make a nickel off insurance
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Trophy Hunter » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:40 pm

MavFan wrote:
The apparent desire for market share is giving the appearance of the very thing the founders said they were trying to get away from when they created PGF. PGF has always been about working on the little things that make the event special, playing a regional in Dallas in late July, against the same teams you have played all year isn't special. It is ASA.

You can't knock a company for growing, not if it's better for the girls, and playing a year end tournament is definitely better for the girls. I'd like to see them allow to teams to cross-enter into the regional of their choice, which would eliminate the concern about playing the same teams again and again.

Also think each winner should get a berth to next year in HB, I know ASA does this but it gives the regional some additional incentive. Of course that means a lot of SoCal teams would travel to earn that berth, which could lead back to a SoCal centric tournament, but maybe not as teams seem to be getting better all over.
Ladies, if a man tells you he will fix it, he will fix it. There is no reason to remind him about it every six months.
Trophy Hunter

by NumeroUno » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:43 pm

I think pgf might want to put TH on the board. TH did u and jmo ever meet? I saw that post about orlando
premium.html
NumeroUno

by MavFan » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:54 pm

Trophy Hunter wrote:
MavFan wrote:
The apparent desire for market share is giving the appearance of the very thing the founders said they were trying to get away from when they created PGF. PGF has always been about working on the little things that make the event special, playing a regional in Dallas in late July, against the same teams you have played all year isn't special. It is ASA.

You can't knock a company for growing, not if it's better for the girls, and playing a year end tournament is definitely better for the girls. I'd like to see them allow to teams to cross-enter into the regional of their choice, which would eliminate the concern about playing the same teams again and again.

Also think each winner should get a berth to next year in HB, I know ASA does this but it gives the regional some additional incentive. Of course that means a lot of SoCal teams would travel to earn that berth, which could lead back to a SoCal centric tournament, but maybe not as teams seem to be getting better all over.

Now see this is where you start to affect the exclusivity of the national in HB. If a team isn't good enough to qualify for one of two 64 team tournaments in HB, why would you reward them with a berth to HB for being on of 7 consolation champions. If they are a young team or whatever, then they will be good enough to earn a berth on the field the following year. I thought just playing in a year end tournament was incentive enough.
MavFan

by Trophy Hunter » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:01 pm

Yeah, maybe you're right. Not my call, just a thought to add some incentive. I'm sure the kids would play just as hard for a pair of socks, or pizza and beer. :mrgreen:
Trophy Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch