Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

TODAY SATURDAY AUG 11th PGF finals on TV?

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by Clean_up » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:51 am

NumeroUno wrote:I didn't like that either but I don't know how all that works. I do know it is very expensive to get those games televised. Better than nothing I guess

I agree, guess we are lucky they are televised at all -- it was cool regardless of the omitted innings...
Clean_up

by Trophy Hunter » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:55 am

NumeroUno wrote:I didn't like that either but I don't know how all that works. I do know it is very expensive to get those games televised. Better than nothing I guess

Isn't the cost of televising a show offset by the advertising/commercials? Or was it shown commercial-free?

And it it's that expensive, why is it being replayed several times? It seems more likely they are letting Fox use it to fill in dead spots.
Ladies, if a man tells you he will fix it, he will fix it. There is no reason to remind him about it every six months.
Trophy Hunter

by ontheblack » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:09 am

Trophy Hunter wrote: why is it being replayed several times? It seems more likely they are letting Fox use it to fill in dead spots.

That is how I see it.
ontheblack

by NumeroUno » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:15 am

Trophy Hunter wrote:

Isn't the cost of televising a show offset by the advertising/commercials? Or was it shown commercial-free?

And it it's that expensive, why is it being replayed several times? It seems more likely they are letting Fox use it to fill in dead spots.

I don't have any answers I did hear that each game cost $90,000 but I am not sure if that is correct. I did enjoy watching it
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Trophy Hunter » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:42 am

FSW regularly runs 2 or 3 year old HS games from various sports, indicating a lack of timely programming. If anything, they should be paying PGF to show the games. And paying extra if Amanda Freed was on camera! 8-)
Ladies, if a man tells you he will fix it, he will fix it. There is no reason to remind him about it every six months.
Trophy Hunter

by NumeroUno » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:19 pm

I vote we put you in charge of the TV games next year, :)
premium.html
NumeroUno

by jackjack » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:16 pm

The production crew is a good portion of the expenses, but renting the television truck, equipment, and sending the game from the Fox office in Century City to the command center in the Woodlands, TX, collectively make up the majority of the cost. They actually have to book time to send it and it goes over a fiber line and it's pretty expensive. Not to mention the money paid to the graphics artists who make the PGF logo, all the score box graphics, etc. If it costs $90,000 to produce the game, it may be twice that to do it live. If it was live they'd have to rent a satellite truck to send the game via satellite to the command center and that is ridiculously expensive. In a game like this Fox probably didn't sell much ad time, so yes, we are probably lucky it was televised. Hopefully it keeps getting more and more popular and they can sell the ad time to make it worth it for them to televise it live.
jackjack

by NumeroUno » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:23 pm

thanks JJ
premium.html
NumeroUno

by fastpitchdad05 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:42 pm

"F$%@ it! We'll do it Live!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_HyZ5aW76c

:lol:
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by OSD » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:14 pm

Next year I hope they let Amanda Freed do more of the announcing or get Michelle Smith or anyone that realizes they're announcing a softball game and NOT a baseball game and that the two words are not interchangeable. :roll:
OSD
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch