Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Booted Bats at PGF

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by Bleacher Creature » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:16 pm

DD had her Phoenix (niw 14 mo. ago.)Booted before 18HS play this morning. Anyone else @ PGF have a bat tossed?
BTW it passed the ASA compression test last week? She said they(PGF BLUE) kicked it for a little rattle……

Guess I will buying a new bat in the morning...... :!:
"If you aint first your last"
Bleacher Creature
Premium Member
Premium Member

by NumeroUno » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:48 pm

what kind of Phenix and what size, i have a couple
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Bleacher Creature » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:58 pm

33/25 All good she was told this was going to be the last outing for beloved bat. I am not mad at them for tossing it. I understand they are clamping down across the board. Was just wondering if any one esle has had this happen.
I know at ASA I saw bats tossed left and right. even saw a few of the brand new X1 Xenos(SP) tossed...? 2/3 games in bats that had the sticker for passing were kicked out and the sticker removed.
"If you aint first your last"
Bleacher Creature
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:56 am

Bleacher Creature wrote:DD had her Phoenix (niw 14 mo. ago.)Booted before 18HS play this morning. Anyone else @ PGF have a bat tossed?
BTW it passed the ASA compression test last week? She said they(PGF BLUE) kicked it for a little rattle……

As most are aware- the Phenix is not on the NCAA approved bat list(Meaning it is banned from college play!), but I thought PGF followed HS rules? The Phenix has not been produced since I believe 2008. Probably would surprise many that it passed the compression test give the Phenix's reputation of being a "hot" bat. It sounds like Blue tossed it due to the rattle(nothing to do with bat type) sounds like a damaged bat. The bad news is you have to buy a new bat, the good news is your daughter can get used to the new bat since she would not have been able to use it in college.

BTW- which approved/banned bat list does PGF use?
jonriv

by 93players » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:17 am

I am all for checking bats carefully. We are talking about two different issues. The Phenix, the Easton Blue and Purple bats and the original Demarini D3s, naturally get hotter over time. It is not cheating to use one of those bats, but the governing bodies over time will outlaw them. If a bat is visibly rattling or damaged, it should be tossed. But I have seen too many isolated cases of bat rolling. Too many parents are tempted by the notion of increasing their player's hitting stats. In high school and regular tournament play, those players can use those bats because no one bothers to check. But in the national tourneys, many of these bats are tossed.

It is amazing to watch the difference in distance when a player has to use a regular version of their bat. College coaches are becoming much more careful to make sure such bats dont make their way into the team. After all, their careers are at stake.
93players

by jonriv » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:22 am

93players wrote:I am all for checking bats carefully. We are talking about two different issues. The Phenix, the Easton Blue and Purple bats and the original Demarini D3s, naturally get hotter over time. It is not cheating to use one of those bats, but the governing bodies over time will outlaw them. If a bat is visibly rattling or damaged, it should be tossed. But I have seen too many isolated cases of bat rolling. Too many parents are tempted by the notion of increasing their player's hitting stats. In high school and regular tournament play, those players can use those bats because no one bothers to check. But in the national tourneys, many of these bats are tossed.

It is amazing to watch the difference in distance when a player has to use a regular version of their bat. College coaches are becoming much more careful to make sure such bats dont make their way into the team. After all, their careers are at stake.

It is in College
jonriv

by jonriv » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:02 am

Spazsdad wrote:
jonriv wrote:
93players wrote:I am all for checking bats carefully. We are talking about two different issues. The Phenix, the Easton Blue and Purple bats and the original Demarini D3s, naturally get hotter over time. It is not cheating to use one of those bats, but the governing bodies over time will outlaw them. If a bat is visibly rattling or damaged, it should be tossed. But I have seen too many isolated cases of bat rolling. Too many parents are tempted by the notion of increasing their player's hitting stats. In high school and regular tournament play, those players can use those bats because no one bothers to check. But in the national tourneys, many of these bats are tossed.

It is in College

But this thread is about PGF

No Sh** Sherlock

Was just pointing out that the Phenix(and other bats) perhaps are not illegal at PGF, but in College- if these girls are looking to play in college, should they not be using the correct bats? ie- Girl hits a shot that just clears the fence using a Phenix, might a college coach think, "wow, that's caught on the warning track with a legal bat"
jonriv

by PDad » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:49 am

jonriv wrote:
Bleacher Creature wrote:DD had her Phoenix (niw 14 mo. ago.)Booted before 18HS play this morning. Anyone else @ PGF have a bat tossed?

As most are aware- the Phenix is not on the NCAA approved bat list(Meaning it is banned from college play!), but I thought PGF followed HS rules? The Phenix has not been produced since I believe 2008. Probably would surprise many that it passed the compression test give the Phenix's reputation of being a "hot" bat. It sounds like Blue tossed it due to the rattle(nothing to do with bat type) sounds like a damaged bat. The bad news is you have to buy a new bat, the good news is your daughter can get used to the new bat since she would not have been able to use it in college.

Sounds like? No sh!t Sherlock - said it definitively in the OP. Only a moron and/or someone that went to great lengths to get his lil' Susy's bat approved for college would think otherwise.

BTW- which approved/banned bat list does PGF use?

Hey Clueless in CT - PGF uses NFHS rules with a few modifications. NFHS uses ASA's non-approved bat list.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:08 am

jonriv wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:
jonriv wrote:

It is in College

... Was just pointing out that the Phenix(and other bats) perhaps are not illegal at PGF, but in College- if these girls are looking to play in college, should they not be using the correct bats? ie- Girl hits a shot that just clears the fence using a Phenix, might a college coach think, "wow, that's caught on the warning track with a legal bat"

Girls should be using the best bat that is legal for that event. It would be stupid to unilaterally use inferior equipment than your competition - and that applies to both the game at hand and showcasing purposes.

Thank God you weren't running the US during the Cold War - the USSR would be ruling the world if you were.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:50 am

PDad wrote:
jonriv wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:
jonriv wrote:

It is in College

... Was just pointing out that the Phenix(and other bats) perhaps are not illegal at PGF, but in College- if these girls are looking to play in college, should they not be using the correct bats? ie- Girl hits a shot that just clears the fence using a Phenix, might a college coach think, "wow, that's caught on the warning track with a legal bat"

Girls should be using the best bat that is legal for that event. It would be stupid to unilaterally use inferior equipment than your competition - and that applies to both the game at hand and showcasing purposes.

Thank God you weren't running the US during the Cold War - the USSR would be ruling the world if you were.

Then perhaps PGF should take the NCAA's lead and use those tighter standards-separate themselves even more from ASA. If their goal is to provide the platform for college scouts and to gave the fairest competition-seems like an easy solution, no?
jonriv

Next

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch