Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

PGF DRAW is going on Now, post here

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by Trophy Hunter » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:56 pm

Are the pool games mandatory? Can you skip them and show up Wednesday and start playing for keeps? Leave the practice games for the teams that need to get acclimated?
Ladies, if a man tells you he will fix it, he will fix it. There is no reason to remind him about it every six months.
Trophy Hunter

by NumeroUno » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:17 pm

The reason that you may have to play 7 games on Thursday in the losers bracket is because they have to get all the games done Friday. The 3 TV games back to back to back on Saturday take a lot of time to get set up.
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by bracketologist » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:18 pm

CULater wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:Pool play games don't count in ASA either.
That is what the coaches have asked for and both sanctions accommodated their wishes.

I think Gold is the only division in ASA where the pool games don't seed you. But IMHO that isn't really the answer either. Luck of the draw is just part of the game.

It is a sport and a "championship" - I'm just looking for another major sport that uses a 100% blind draw to make the "playoff or tournament elimination bracket".

Just think how great NCCA Softball would be this past season if AL, OK, CAL, ASU where all put by blind draw in one 1st round Regional.... :roll:
bracketologist

by Trophy Hunter » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:29 pm

NumeroUno wrote:The reason that you may have to play 7 games on Thursday in the losers bracket is because they have to get all the games done Friday. The 3 TV games back to back to back on Saturday take a lot of time to get set up.

What? Once the production set up is done - which I believe they have an entirely separate crew for and can be done on the stadium field without affecting other fields - what does it matter if there are games being played on the other fields? It didn't seem such a big issue at Triple Crown, and they had more games on TV and at different venues.
Ladies, if a man tells you he will fix it, he will fix it. There is no reason to remind him about it every six months.
Trophy Hunter

by ontheblack » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:30 pm

bracketologist wrote:
CULater wrote:
That is what the coaches have asked for and both sanctions accommodated their wishes.

I think Gold is the only division in ASA where the pool games don't seed you. But IMHO that isn't really the answer either. Luck of the draw is just part of the game.

It is a sport and a "championship" - I'm just looking for another major sport that uses a 100% blind draw to make the "playoff or tournament elimination bracket".

Just think how great NCCA Softball would be this past season if AL, OK, CAL, ASU where all put by blind draw in one 1st round Regional.... :roll:

Bracky is angling for a job.
ontheblack

by NumeroUno » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:39 pm

Trophy Hunter wrote:
NumeroUno wrote:The reason that you may have to play 7 games on Thursday in the losers bracket is because they have to get all the games done Friday. The 3 TV games back to back to back on Saturday take a lot of time to get set up.

What? Once the production set up is done - which I believe they have an entirely separate crew for and can be done on the stadium field without affecting other fields - what does it matter if there are games being played on the other fields? It didn't seem such a big issue at Triple Crown, and they had more games on TV and at different venues.

Sorry I don't know all the details but I don't think the way it is set it up was just to make teams play 7 games. I am sure there is more to what I am telling you but I think they know what they are doing.
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by CharlieHough » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:54 pm

Bracky makes sense. Let him schedule it.. Showcase time is over. If you are not in the lineup at this point, you are on the wrong team.

College coaches will still have the pool play schedule to attend.

We have our first bracket game with a team in our pool. Our top pitchers won't pitch, will theirs? will we bat our best? will they? Thats great for all the kids who know coaches will attend.

I can give a rats a** about the old guard and the status quo. 100% blind draw is just the easy way out.

My alzheimers is kicking in but 12U ASA nats in Normal, Il years back(if you can ever get to Mugsy's pub in Bloomington, IL, do it!) we had pool play that counted, rules regarding playing a same region team in the first round, and it shuts everyone up and made a great championship. Right Comets16??

The Kings won the Stanley Cup as an 8th seed.

Still no 16U brackets online. Draw was this morning
I'm gonna take this right foot, and I'm gonna whop you on that side of your face...and you wanna know something? There's not a damn thing you're gonna be able to do about it!

Billy Jack...1971
CharlieHough

by CharlieHough » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:58 pm

Me and my big mouth. 16U brackets are up!
I'm gonna take this right foot, and I'm gonna whop you on that side of your face...and you wanna know something? There's not a damn thing you're gonna be able to do about it!

Billy Jack...1971
CharlieHough

by PDad » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:36 am

Spazsdad wrote:
CULater wrote:

I only remember one year in 10u when they did count. It was not received well and ASA went back to it not counting. Draws were done alphabetically and then region protection was considered.

I guess it was just an incredible coincidence in 2010 Moline that almost every 4th place team had a play-in (aka bobtail) game and the rest of the teams with a bobtail game finished 3rd. Charlie's right about 2009 Normal when none of the 1st place teams had a bobtail game and the rest of the teams without one finished 2nd. That means the first pool game largely determines whether you will have a bobtail game or not.

Truth be told, the seeding is pretty limited when you have 4-team pools and 80 to 160+ teams. You're still going to get some tough match-ups in the second round when some 1's play other 1's - we had one in 2009.

If PGF counted pool games, they would be delaying the 1v1 match-ups until the 3rd round.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sftbll4ever » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:45 am

I think Triple Crowns seedings are rediculous. They only way you get ranked is if you play in their tournaments. So now teams that aren't necessarily good but have played in tournaments get ranked higher than teams that have killed to said teams.

Does anyone really want to be told you have to play in many PGF tournaments throughout the year just so you can be seeded?

As far as NCAA, of course it would be easier to seed them, they have a national governing body that can tabulate everything, how do you propose ASA or PGF do this?

Just a few questions. :D
Sftbll4ever

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch