Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Shame on you PGF!!!

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by NumeroUno » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:06 pm

it is a make believe situation but what do you do?
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by BIG DADDY 24 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:08 pm

PUNT :P
just BIG DADDY'S opinion, dont hate !!!!!!!
BIG DADDY 24

by stars99 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:43 pm

NumeroUno wrote:it is a make believe situation but what do you do?

This situation seems like it could be real but if you commit to one as a team you should live the commitment out and if you get the invite to PGF you should suck it up and do both. There are teams that are in that situation now, Team Arizona, USA Athletics and Cruisers that went to Utah and 1 day later are in So Cal doing PGF. All 3 teams doing decent so far too. If a coach can't get the parents to buy in to what he wants the team to acheive then he has failed as a coach. I am sure these teams qualified for TCS early in the season and as the season went along they realized they were good enough to compete at PGF so they did both and I would think the parents of the kids on these teams are happy with their coaches
stars99

by PDad » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:08 am

Did the coach initiate the emails to get the berth or was it PGF?

Did PGF know about the 2 players before they awarded the berth? If so, what did they tell the coach about them?

Who am I - PGF, the nitwit coach or a parent that's ready to string him up?

PGF: Allow the 2 players to choose which team they play for and inform the teams.

Coach: Start praying his team gets a good draw and everyone enjoys the trip.

Parent: Start looking for a new coach/team for next year.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by 3'sDad » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:01 am

NU: So how did thre follwoing evenings' shark fishing trip go?

Catch anything?
3'sDad

by rukidding » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:07 am

PDad wrote:

Did the coach initiate the emails to get the berth or was it PGF?

Did PGF know about the 2 players before they awarded the berth? If so, what did they tell the coach about them?

Who am I - PGF, the nitwit coach or a parent that's ready to string him up?

PGF: Allow the 2 players to choose which team they play for and inform the teams.

Coach: Start praying his team gets a good draw and everyone enjoys the trip.

Parent: Start looking for a new coach/team for next year.

The Xtreme coach called and emailed almost daily to get PGF to give them an at large berth.
The truth of this entire issue is that both players had already told Shannon that they would not be staying with Xtreme after this season. Each player had informed Shannon that they would not make the move to Killer Bees (where Xteme will play next season) as they were going to tryout for TAZ. Both players had intentions of going to PGF with Xtreme but Shannon implied to his team and to all of us that both players had left his team which was not the case. This casued the parents of Xtreme to push Shannon to remove these players from Xtreme which he did.

They did not quit.

After they were told that they were no longer a part of Xtreme both players were picked up by Team Arizona.

These are the facts.
rukidding

by alwaysdrama » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:01 am

The story posted is basically what happened but minus a few details like any " good story ". Team Az wasn't even going to go to Premier until they got the Firecracker tag.Then they decided they were not going to go to Utah but parents had made plans etc and then they decided to do both.
So many things were up in the air in both camps till the last minute and all involved had every opportunity to make the "right" decision , but the coach who posted also fails to leave out that he picked up the same kid that is currently playing for them now at Premier for the Arizona qualifier to " better his chances" , so who knows , maybe that ticked off the parents in question? The simple message is both teams picked up kids at the last minute away from their original teams to " better their chances " at Premier. If California teams did the same then I guess it's a wash. Probably not though.The reason for the rule in the first place correct ?
But If all the parents are happy on both teams, pick ups or not, Premier and the other teams don't care then why is it even an issue?
If the coach that posted and his parents are upset, they should have never picked up the other kid in the first place. If there was tension at the end of the year and the kids in question left but still wanted to play , good for them and if Premier said ok then the coach has to deal with it.The kids should'nt be punished just because he is mad. I am sure the parents didn't just up and decide to leave him high and dry. I would guess there was something more to it ?
If Team Az parents are happy picking up the kids and there is no current friction because of the pick ups then good for them.
If there was tension when the mention of pickups took place by the parents and the coaches still picked them up then shame on them. I would hope a team meeting with parents took place and all were asked instead of coaches just deciding?
If the Xtreme parents are upset because the kids left and it " hurt the team " they should get both stories instead of just defending the coach in my opinion.
Sounds like it would be best to ask all the parents instead of just blasting away and taking sides. It sounds like both coaching staffs could have made better decisions along the way , but to deny kids an opportunity to play just because a coach is mad is wrong.
alwaysdrama

by ontheblack » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:06 am

I would hope a team meeting with parents took place and all were asked instead of coaches just deciding?

yeah, that happens all the time.
ontheblack

by Trophy Hunter » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:09 am

ontheblack wrote:
I would hope a team meeting with parents took place and all were asked instead of coaches just deciding?

yeah, that happens all the time.

:lol:
Ladies, if a man tells you he will fix it, he will fix it. There is no reason to remind him about it every six months.
Trophy Hunter

by NumeroUno » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:47 am

3'sDad wrote:NU: So how did thre follwoing evenings' shark fishing trip go?

Catch anything?

even though I have caught many shark right off the shore up to 5 feet long this day the babies were out
leapard shark.jpg
leapard shark.jpg (29.41 KiB) Viewed 4027 times

a small Leapard shark and already a mouth full of teeth

go to page 10 of this thread I caught a lot of these in a couple hours
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch