Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Shame on you PGF!!!

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by BoomBoomPow » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:07 pm

Trophy Hunter wrote:The rules on this are clear from the beginning, and if the rules apply to everyone, these kids shouldn't be allowed to play with their new team. Sucks for the kids, but the adults knew the rules.

Amen Trophy!!! :!: :!: OTHERWISE teams could poach to replace an injury, or stack teams last minute...
Believe me, It did SUCK, for both the player and family to pull out, it was GUT WRENCHING!...but the adult (me) knew the rules, explained it to DD (who was MAKING the decision),and she understood the consequences...I didnt whine to PGF about the coach, even though he was a major A$$HAT. ohhh...and dont think he didnt make it very clear that he would make specifically sure that she would not be able to play with another team. Still dont know what his issue was anyway, he didnt play her, so what did he care...oh wait..I KNOW... LESS DUES MONEY to covor his hotel room... :lol: :lol:
Fact is exactly as you put it...the rules are clear and should apply to everyone. I would loved to heard..."Lets the KIDS PLAY" But thats not the way it works...and who knows maybe a lesson will be learned by all parties involved...
BoomBoomPow

by BoomBoomPow » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:11 pm

CharlieHough wrote:ok.....I like that "let the kids play" idea!!!

Can we pick up an 18 gold pitcher who is done for the year as their team did not qualify for PGF, to play on our 16u team at PGF?

She is a great kid, 16U age eligible, great family, and she would have a great time!

:roll: :roll: :roll: C'mon. Let the kids play!

Great example...we could pick up a few great players from our 18's as well, and would probably do even better at the tournament because of that...untill they change the rule so that everyone is allowed to do so, then no one should be given that option...its called a level playing field, making the game fair.
What kills me is this is all ego driven anyway, these girls get to be seen at the showcases all year, this is just somthing to add to the college resume...As well as a great experience, so I agree with...Let them play, but that means changing the rule before they do. ;)
Last edited by BoomBoomPow on Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BoomBoomPow

by NumeroUno » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:12 pm

I never said I am right all I said is the entire story has not been told, besides that I am going shark fishing off the shore and I need to get going. light the torches and post way

I'll check on you girls soon from my phone sitting in my chair watching the sun disappear behind the waves.
cheers
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by BIG DADDY 24 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:13 pm

With all due respect NumeroUno,

my dd's teams coach and team cordinator tried to help a girl that was a pick up player for us ealier in the season and played a qualifier with us to be on another team she ended up with later in the season, PGF would not let her play for the reason of she was on our roster from the qualifier and could not play with another team until nationals and only if our team was not attending also, so with that said i dont see PGF Just letting the kids play!!!! her new coach,parents,old coach and team cordinator all tried to explain the situation as they were all wanting her to play with her new team, they wouldnt bug..... so maybe there is more to the story and we havent heard it all, but try and explain how its ok in any senario for these kids and not others.....the rule is the rule, if it is changed for any reason, then should be changed for all reasons
just BIG DADDY'S opinion, dont hate !!!!!!!
BIG DADDY 24

by CharlieHough » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:14 pm

I don't know the story at all. and I really don't care what happens.

I just think eligibility rules should be set in stone. There should be no room for interpretation. If there are issues with the rules, change them the following year.

I agree with you in the fact that players should be able to leave teams at anytime and coaches who hold them hostage are worthless. The only question I have is why are they allowed to play on another team when their original team in not done and continuing in championship play?

was it timing? first team was done, the 2 players left for the other team, and then they got their at-large berth?

ahhhhh 12U the best!
I'm gonna take this right foot, and I'm gonna whop you on that side of your face...and you wanna know something? There's not a damn thing you're gonna be able to do about it!

Billy Jack...1971
CharlieHough

by BIG DADDY 24 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:16 pm

TYPO - BUDGE
just BIG DADDY'S opinion, dont hate !!!!!!!
BIG DADDY 24

by superfan » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:29 pm

If I were in your shoes I would wish the two well and move on. They didn't want to be on your team, end of story. Their future is really none of your business.

The grass isn't always greener. Several years ago I knew a strong starter that was caressed into jumping ship at the end of the season much like your situation...the player ended up playing at nationals for a much stronger team and pinch ran...two times. I ran into the parent months later and they both regretted their decision. The player went from playing at nationals to watching others play at nationals, plus the team they left was mad at them and the team they went to didn't welcome them.

PS....This "they did me wrong" record is getting old. There are always 2 sides to every story and then there is the truth. You may not know all the details so please stop pepper spraying us with your rendition.
superfan

by fastpitchdad05 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:31 pm

superfan wrote:If I were in your shoes I would wish the two well and move on. They didn't want to be on your team, end of story. Their future is really none of your business.

The grass isn't always greener. Several years ago I knew a strong starter that was caressed into jumping ship at the end of the season much like your situation...the player ended up playing at nationals for a much stronger team and pinch ran...two times. I ran into the parent months later and they both regretted their decision. The player went from playing at nationals to watching others play at nationals, plus the team they left was mad at them and the team they went to didn't welcome them.

PS....This "they did me wrong" record is getting old. There are always 2 sides to every story and then there is the truth. You may not know all the details so please stop pepper spraying us with your rendition.

Both coach and player should make decisions based on what they think is best for the them and the team and should not have to answer to either.

That said...do it with class and dignity.
Last edited by fastpitchdad05 on Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:02 pm

CharlieHough wrote:ok.....I like that "let the kids play" idea!!!

Can we pick up an 18 gold pitcher who is done for the year as their team did not qualify for PGF, to play on our 16u team at PGF?

She is a great kid, 16U age eligible, great family, and she would have a great time!

:roll: :roll: :roll: C'mon. Let the kids play!

What's stopping you? PGF doesn't have a published rule against pick-up players moving down to their age group after playing up like ASA does.

Someone posted July 18 was the roster deadline, but it is TBD on the rules page...
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by CharlieHough » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:03 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J9iSpA9QTs

damn UNO, looking good in white, and the Ascot is "to die for"

at 1:05 you really hit that note!!!

shame shame shame!
I'm gonna take this right foot, and I'm gonna whop you on that side of your face...and you wanna know something? There's not a damn thing you're gonna be able to do about it!

Billy Jack...1971
CharlieHough

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch