Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Shame on you PGF!!!

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by Blind Squirrel » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:11 am

rukidding wrote:Both players had intentions of going to PGF with Xtreme but Shannon implied to his team and to all of us that both players had left his team which was not the case. This casued the parents of Xtreme to push Shannon to remove these players from Xtreme which he did.

Reminds me of something work-related that recently happened:

One day my wife implied that a coworker had left the company. I responded by pushing her to get rid of him. The next day my wife implied that she had hired someone. I responded by pushing her to hire that person. The next day my wife implied that she would punch me in the throat if I gave her any more nonsensical responses. I responded by pushing her to punch me in the throat if I gave her any more nonsensical responses.

Silenced Squirrel
10 years from now I'll wish I felt like I do these days.
Blind Squirrel
Premium Member
Premium Member

by CULater » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:01 pm

What are the ASA rules regarding something like this. I actually have no idea. I know that there is a kid whose team is registered to play in one of the Territorial Gold Nationals, she has picked up with a team that is playing in OKC this week. Is she an eligible player for both, only one, or neither???
CULater

by jonriv » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:26 pm

Blind Squirrel wrote:
rukidding wrote:Both players had intentions of going to PGF with Xtreme but Shannon implied to his team and to all of us that both players had left his team which was not the case. This casued the parents of Xtreme to push Shannon to remove these players from Xtreme which he did.

One day my wife implied that a coworker had left the company. I responded by pushing her to get rid of him. The next day my wife implied that she had hired someone. I responded by pushing her to hire that person. The next day my wife implied that she would punch me in the throat if I gave her any more nonsensical responses. I responded by pushing her to punch me in the throat if I gave her any more nonsensical responses.

Silenced Squirrel

Thanks for clearing that up :o
jonriv

by Intel » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:43 pm

CULater wrote:What are the ASA rules regarding something like this. I actually have no idea. I know that there is a kid whose team is registered to play in one of the Territorial Gold Nationals, she has picked up with a team that is playing in OKC this week. Is she an eligible player for both, only one, or neither???

ASA rules state that once you are rostered on a championship roster, you can not play on another ASA team in championship play until the first team has been eliminated from championship play or notifies the association commissioner that they are done in championship play. Also, you can only roster a total of 20 players and can only pick-up a max of 3 players. So if you rostered 18 players, you would only be allowed to add 2 players.
Intel
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Blind Squirrel » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:50 pm

jonriv wrote:
Blind Squirrel wrote:

Silenced Squirrel

Thanks for clearing that up :o

There was a point: Why would parents push a coach to get rid of players when they had heard that the players were already gone. Maybe I'm missing something and/or my remedial reading comprehension skills are again on display. Maybe some relevant info missing. Whatever.

Stumped Squirrel
10 years from now I'll wish I felt like I do these days.
Blind Squirrel
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Fredegar » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:03 pm

rukidding wrote:The Xtreme coach called and emailed almost daily to get PGF to give them an at large berth.
The truth of this entire issue is that both players had already told Shannon that they would not be staying with Xtreme after this season. Each player had informed Shannon that they would not make the move to Killer Bees (where Xteme will play next season) as they were going to tryout for TAZ. Both players had intentions of going to PGF with Xtreme but Shannon implied to his team and to all of us that both players had left his team which was not the case. This casued the parents of Xtreme to push Shannon to remove these players from Xtreme which he did.

They did not quit.

After they were told that they were no longer a part of Xtreme both players were picked up by Team Arizona.

These are the facts.

Those may be the facts, but they're irrelevent. It doesn't matter if a Coach calls every day to get an invite. Either there's an invite or there's not. It doesn't matter if players quit or were removed. Either they are on a Champ. Play roster or they're not.

It sounds like this was a timing issue. Team A did not earn a berth at the PGF qualifier, and since that team had no further plans to qualify, players are automatically released as far as PGF is concerned. After they are legitimately added as pickup players, Team A receives an at-large berth. It appears this was a case not covered by the PGF ruleset, so the Board gets to vote.

As CULater and PDad said, PGF could consider clearing up the confusion next year by stating that players aren't released until all berths have been confirmed. That would seem logical, but there are probably a few downsides. In any event, it's up to PGF.

Anyone talking about how existing players "feel" when a team adds pickup players or wanting to limit the reasons for adding pickup players, should whine on another forum. That has nothing to do with this thread.

Lastly, the "Let em play ... it's for the girls" comments are ridiculous. There HAVE to be rules. You can't just say "let em play". Notice the "let em play" folks are typically those wanting to disregard rules (like parents on the fielding team when IPs are being called).
Fredegar

by PDad » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:49 pm

CULater wrote:What are the ASA rules regarding something like this. I actually have no idea. I know that there is a kid whose team is registered to play in one of the Territorial Gold Nationals, she has picked up with a team that is playing in OKC this week. Is she an eligible player for both, only one, or neither???

Only one and that would be her regular team unless she was released from that team's championship roster. If her regular team is still going to Nats and she wasn't properly released from their roster, she is ineligible to play in OKC.

Intel wrote:ASA rules state that once you are rostered on a championship roster, you can not play on another ASA team in championship play until the first team has been eliminated from championship play or notifies the association commissioner that they are done in championship play.

There is also a player release provision that was instituted this year.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by alwaysdrama » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:52 am

3 teams enter , 2 teams leave. Minus the right vs the wrong and all the opinions, the coach did this vs the parents did that. Team Az/ Firecrackers and Xtreme/Killer Bees are out , pick ups on both sides while the Suncats/Suncats , never pick up Suncats continue to live for another day.
The best team prevailed as far as Arizona goes and the Suncats proved they were the best 12U team this year in Arizona. I guess everything really does happen for a reason ?
The End
alwaysdrama

by jonriv » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:59 am

:?:
alwaysdrama wrote:3 teams enter , 2 teams leave. Minus the right vs the wrong and all the opinions, the coach did this vs the parents did that. Team Az/ Firecrackers and Xtreme/Killer Bees are out , pick ups on both sides while the Suncats/Suncats , never pick up Suncats continue to live for another day.
The best team prevailed as far as Arizona goes and the Suncats proved they were the best 12U team this year in Arizona. I guess everything really does happen for a reason ?
The End

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?
jonriv

by NumeroUno » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:41 am

Great Job PGF!!!

I changed the subject name. These guys have been working there a$$es off day and night to give all of us a place to have our kids play the best teams in the USA in a national event.

Thank you all for your hard work.

BTW this is positive Friday on the bucket, I hope Trophy Hunter shows up. His glass is half full today :D
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch