Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Shame on you PGF!!!

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by stwilson » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:59 am

I've bantered back and forth to post or not to post but I feel compelled to let the softball community know of a huge disservice PGF has done to all of us. Without getting into every detail, I wanted to let all of you know PGF has chosen not to follow its #1 rule of not allowing players to jump from team to team AFTER a qualification bid was achieved by a set team roster.

My team, the Xtreme, qualified in the Arizona qualifier. Subsequent to the qualifier, we continued to play out our season, competing in tournaments and friendlies to prepare for the National PGF event. The last week of June two players decided not to finish out the season with our team (recruited, poached, etc.).

To my dismay, these same two players were removed from my PGF roster by PGF staff and have been granted the permission to play with yet another team in the national tournament. They leave my team, the team they qualified with, and are permitted to play with another team, even though the Xtreme still plans to attend the PGF event. This is a DIRECT VIOLATION OF PGF RULES!!!! I guess they don't apply to "some" teams?

I was never contacted by PGF, not once, until I called them on the fact that my roster was manipulated. THEY NEVER TOOK THE TIME TO CONTACT ME. They did, however, change my roster based on letters sent by the parents of the two players in question and a coach of the team they were planning to pickup with (Team AZ). To say I am disappointed THEY NEVER TOOK THE TIME TO CONTACT ME is an understatement. Had they did so, they would have discovered the truth. In all my years of coaching I have NEVER kicked a kid off any team I have been involved with. NEVER. Those families chose to leave.

To all you coaches out there, be aware, the PUBLISHED PGF rules do not apply to all. Make sure you express your displeasure (at tonight's coaches meeting) with PGF's decision to change a qualifying roster and their "it's OK to change the rules" for some to the tournament director Bret Denio (bret.denio@premiergirlsfastpitch.com). SHAME ON YOU PGF!!! That's a VERY poor decision.
Coach Wilson
Xtreme Fastpitch | www.XtremeFastpitch.info | (480) 270-4742
stwilson

by CULater » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:27 am

Wait for it....wait for it........

This happens in ASA too.
CULater

by sbd-dad » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:35 am

Agree with the coach - that doesn't sound right! No matter what happened.......plus what about the kids on the team they joined? All year and someone comes in to take their spot!! Come on people its 12U the only people who will remember this is their little group - WIN or LOSE :(

And even with adding better players what are their chances of winning?? Long shot.........

I'd bet on kids moving to other teams when the year is complete - I would if my kid got less time because of this move.
sbd-dad

by BoomBoomPow » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:45 am

Maybe ASA does it as well...but that doesnt make it right, and PGF brags about Higher Standards... :roll: :D
My DD was in that same position last year, we left a team that qualified for PGF...too much DADDY BALL, any way thats done and were over it...BUT, she was not allowed to go to another team..there for her season was cut short, but WE KNEW the rules when we made that decision,so she sucked it up...worked hard to make a team older than her allowable age, had a very succesful year of showcases and interest from universities and continue's to work toward the goal of College ball... :D :D

It is sad that the rules dont apply to everyone, (obviously it doesnt)...Makes no difference if they were kicked off or just left the team for what ever reason...SUCK IT UP and regroup for the fall...be an example for your DD and move on with good sportsmanship.
BoomBoomPow

by NumeroUno » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:57 am

Before you guys get the noose thrown over the tree you just might want to hear the other side to the story. :D
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Old Darter » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:03 am

NumeroUno wrote:Before you guys get the noose thrown over the tree you just might want to hear the other side to the story. :D

Sounds like the same could have been said of the PGF directors...
Old Darter

by lv2earat8 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:34 am

Can we please get a response from the Premier directors? This is a serious charge.
If this is allowed just think of all the problems this will cause.
God is great,beer is good,people are CRAZY!
lv2earat8

by CULater » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:45 am

I believe we were told that they don't have time to read all of the boards and threads looking for questions. We are supposed to contact them and let them know of the problem and they will get back to us promptly.

How is that process working for you stwilson??
CULater

by DELMARSURF » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:46 am

I enjoyed watching the You Tube dance video of Team AZ and Corona Angels at the 12U Premier Qualifier in Arizona. I wasn't there but it sure look like Team AZ started the dance (probably after winning the AZ Qualifier) and then Corona Angels joined in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9IQ46fid04

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNXTcdsiU-k

The memories are priceless at 12U ..... I hope you enjoy it as much as I did with my daughter!
DELMARSURF

by AlwaysImprove » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:57 pm

There will always be a balance on these types of issues. I have seen this playout a number of times over the past 10 years. These are common most of the time:
- Players leaving feel justified based on treatment, ego, parents are whack, any number of issues.
- It is hard to justify a world where coaches are allowed to handcuff players to them. There are whacky coaches as well whacky parents.
- Every organization, as ASA does correctly, should focus on getting maximum number of players a chance to play.
- Who is right in these scenarios is impossible to determine. People involved enough in the scenarios are naturally biased. Those not involved never going to figure out who did what to whom.
- When players leave a team at this time of the year, the team is screwed. That is why by 18g, most players interested in playing at Nationals go to teams that are run by returning coaches that have huge rosters. This greatly increases their chances to go to a Nationals.

No organization, team organization (like firecrackers. BB), umpire association, softball organization (ASA, NSA, PGF), will ever fix this issue.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch