Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Looks like pools are up

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by NumeroUno » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:58 am

I hadn't really looked at all the teams that are coming until now and all I can say is wow!! You better bring your A game because I just don't see any real easy games.

18HS
http://premiergirlsfastpitch.com/schedu ... 8upool.pdf

16U
http://premiergirlsfastpitch.com/schedu ... 6upool.pdf

14U
http://premiergirlsfastpitch.com/schedu ... 4upool.pdf
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by CharlieHough » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:20 pm

Pool games results have no effect on the elimination bracket
I'm gonna take this right foot, and I'm gonna whop you on that side of your face...and you wanna know something? There's not a damn thing you're gonna be able to do about it!

Billy Jack...1971
CharlieHough

by rdelawder12 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:16 pm

CharlieHough wrote:Pool games results have no effect on the elimination bracket

Correct, it's a National tournament so it's a blind draw. That's good for all the unsigned/unverballed kids to play in the pools in front of the coaches, as this will be the last national for all the girls that signed thier LOI's, as all coaches will be playing their best 10 every game once bracket play starts!
Good luck to everyone!
rdelawder12

by 4th & Forever » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:19 pm

Unless you draw a team for bracket that you play in pool :?:
4th & Forever
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:35 pm

rdelawder12 wrote:

Correct, it's a National tournament so it's a blind draw.

ASA Class A Nats use a combination of pool play results and region protection in their blind draws. Seeding the brackets based on pool play results for 18G is one of the issues the PGF founders had with ASA.

That's good for all the unsigned/unverballed kids to play in the pools in front of the coaches, as this will be the last national for all the girls that signed thier LOI's, as all coaches will be playing their best 10 every game once bracket play starts!

This is exactly why the PGF/Gold coaches didn't want pool play results to count.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by NumeroUno » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:13 am

true and everyone will still need there A game for the entire tourney
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by jonriv » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:04 am

PDad wrote:
rdelawder12 wrote:

ASA Class A Nats use a combination of pool play results and region protection in their blind draws. Seeding the brackets based on pool play results for 18G is one of the issues the PGF founders had with ASA.

That's good for all the unsigned/unverballed kids to play in the pools in front of the coaches, as this will be the last national for all the girls that signed thier LOI's, as all coaches will be playing their best 10 every game once bracket play starts!

This is exactly why the PGF/Gold coaches didn't want pool play results to count.

Not that I think it is the best way of picking brackets/seeding, but why was there an issue with using bracket play for seeding? How is blind seeding any better or fairer? Why have pool games at all- maybe it should be round-robin and then elimination brackets? Just curious.....
jonriv

by Trophy Hunter » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:46 am

jonriv wrote:
PDad wrote:
rdelawder12 wrote:

Not that I think it is the best way of picking brackets/seeding, but why was there an issue with using bracket play for seeding? How is blind seeding any better or fairer? Why have pool games at all- maybe it should be round-robin and then elimination brackets? Just curious.....

I'm sure you meant "an issue with using POOL play for seeding?"

By extension, why have these "pool" games at all? These teams have been showcasing all summer. It's like travel ball borrowed the rec ball credo of "Everyone plays." :lol:
Ladies, if a man tells you he will fix it, he will fix it. There is no reason to remind him about it every six months.
Trophy Hunter

by ontheblack » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:37 am

Rec teams dont roster 20 kids.
ontheblack

by Trophy Hunter » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:02 am

ontheblack wrote:Rec teams dont roster 20 kids.

So? It's still the same "Everybody plays" mentality.
Ladies, if a man tells you he will fix it, he will fix it. There is no reason to remind him about it every six months.
Trophy Hunter

Next

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch