Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

2 questions

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by lvtwft » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:44 am

what fields are the different age levels playing at (12, 14, 16, 18)?
will they give out more invites and or give more berths at qualifiers yet to be played to make up for the ones they cxld (mostly 12s and 14s)
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"
Albert Einstein
lvtwft

by jmo » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:14 am

lvtwft wrote:what fields are the different age levels playing at (12, 14, 16, 18)?
will they give out more invites and or give more berths at qualifiers yet to be played to make up for the ones they cxld (mostly 12s and 14s)

12U - Fountain Valley
14U - Irvine
16U - Fountain Valley
18U - Huntington Beach

And possibly at 12's. 14's not sure.
"It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a Psycho the rest of your life."
jmo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by J stilo » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:55 am

[quote="lvtwft"]what fields are the different age levels playing at (12, 14, 16, 18)?
will they give out more invites and or give more berths at qualifiers yet to be played to make up for the ones they cxld (mostly 12s and 14s)[/quot

Looks like they are giving more invites, I see in 12s Gamers, Wicked and Courage are in and they did not qualify
J stilo

by coachEd » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:04 am

jmo wrote:
lvtwft wrote:what fields are the different age levels playing at (12, 14, 16, 18)?

12U - Fountain Valley
14U - Irvine
16U - Fountain Valley
18U - Huntington Beach

And possibly at 12's. 14's not sure.

JMO, in 14s, I hope PGF will consider, at the very least, using the unissued berths from the cancelled qualifiers, and will consider granting them to teams based on the next highest finishers in the higher attended qualifiers. The percentage of berths issued at some of the qualifiers compared with others is vastly different due to a lack of attendence at some of them.

In 14s:

Indiana - 11% of teams got berths (2 berths for 18 teams)
Arizona - 10.5% of teams got berths (2 berths for 19 teams; 3rd place team got a berth in So Cal)
Texas - 57% of teams got berths (4 berths for 7 teams)
Minnesota - 50% of teams got berths (2 berths for 4 teams)
So Cal - 9% of teams got berths (4 berths for 43 teams)

Nor Cal is looking like about 12% (or less) will get berths, and North Texas is looking like around 50% of the teams will get berths.

Just one person's opinion, but I hope it is something PGF will consider.
coachEd

by ontheblack » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:40 am

SoCal will not be under represented.

I would think that time is probably the biggest factor now when it comes to invites using unused berths. The closer in, the greater the odds the extra berths will go to local teams who went the PGF or bust route. Those who had ASA as a back up may already be on the hook for nonrefundable travel expenses.
ontheblack

by coachEd » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:07 pm

OTB, I think you are correct that there may be a couple of teams giving PGF one shot and then going to ASA. For those going the PGF or bust route, of the next 4 top finishing teams from the 14u So Cal qualifier, the two 4th place teams are trying again in Nor Cal (FC-Blanco and Pure FP-Martinez). The 3rd place teams (Breakers-Imoto and USA-Eveland) are not yet listed for another PGF qualifier, although USA Eveland has an ASA berth from ASA States.
coachEd

by ontheblack » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:48 pm

coachEd wrote:OTB, I think you are correct that there may be a couple of teams giving PGF one shot and then going to ASA. For those going the PGF or bust route, of the next 4 top finishing teams from the 14u So Cal qualifier, the two 4th place teams are trying again in Nor Cal (FC-Blanco and Pure FP-Martinez). The 3rd place teams (Breakers-Imoto and USA-Eveland) are not yet listed for another PGF qualifier, although USA Eveland has an ASA berth from ASA States.

I believe Imoto and Eveland are headed to Colorado, so budgets may be tight. I had heard Eveland wasnt going to play ASA even with the berth. It wouldnt be the end of the world if those two got invites. They are both solid teams.
ontheblack

by OBI » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:00 pm

How do you join the good ole boys club to get an invite ??
OBI

by NumeroUno » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:02 pm

please change your avatar before I get a load on PM's
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Safebyahare » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:54 pm

OBI wrote: How do you join the good ole boys club to get an invite ??
Well,,,,,first you have to be a good ole boy.
Second do you really want to be a good ole boy? :roll:
As for me,,,,well I just stick my head in now and again, then run like hell. :mrgreen:
They tried to call me out,,,but I was Safe by a hare. :lol:

As for your Avatar,,,,I do not find it offensive, however maybe if there were no words to go with it, or perhaps something less BOLD, Sure guns are good, but not pointed at me. Might I recommend a kitten for you. :D
I see further, because I stand on the shoulders of giants
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch