Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Social Security #s updated

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by PuraVida » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:44 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
PuraVida wrote:
NumeroUno wrote:
This change was posted a few days ago and since then they had around 240 players register, only one so far used the birth certificate.

Then you have 239 players who's IDs have been placed at risk needlessly.

I am pleased to hear the PGF made the change back to birth certificate. I do have one question; PGF is asking for the certificate to be faxed, which is not an issue. However, if they are asking you to upload a picture why not provide the option of upload the cert?

That is total speculation and conjecture on your part. You have no valid info to back up your claim. Just because you are uncomfortable with the process does not invalidate the system.
Asfar as your other question some people will find anything to nit pick

I don’t deal conjecture. Fact: Banking systems, Nation Multi billion dollar insurance companies, hospitals and most resent NASA. All have been hacked for the SS#. As a result insurance companies do not utilize SS# as a form of member/subscriber ID.

My question was just that. A query in a public forum.
PuraVida

by freetacos » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:07 pm

Vida, don't waste your time with these two pgf apologist. The idiots are no different from the fools that drank the Jim Jones punch. It's ok everyone, just drink and all will be well. I can't believe that Alwaysmakingexcusesforpgf hasn't been banging the pgf drum like usual. There is no reason for this id process as is witnessed by now alowing birth certs as id.
This whole thing was a money making crock. They just can't believe that anyone would have the balls to stand up against the foolish idea.

Sorry pgf...this just blows dudes

Yeah I know...my way or the highway...hmm hell sounds like ASA

ft
freetacos

by freetacos » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:29 pm

Dang Spaz ur getting old. Took you 12 minutes to defend pgf. But you don't have a dog in the hunt do ya? Hillarious.

ft

what happened to independant and free thinking? Wow I forgot, that requires cajones.
freetacos

by PuraVida » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:02 pm

Spaz, the only one bitching here is you. I assume that makes you the idiot

In my post I was very clear when I stated I was pleased with PGF for reverting back to the Birth Certificate. Then I asked a simple question.

You need to chill dude.
PuraVida

by CULater » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:13 pm

Spazsdad wrote:Lets see here. The vast majority of people had no issue with the way PGF chose to verify the age of the players and went through the registration process with no issues.
A few people did not like the method being used.
PGF modified their policy to accomodate the concerns of those few people. Lo and behold those same few people are still not happy and continue to bitch about it.
Is your kids team even attending any PGF events?

I don't understand Spazsdad, I am pretty sure the vast majority of people giving their SSN to the folks at NASA or a hospital that was hacked, probably didn't have an issue providing the info, until the info was stolen. I don't have a problem going 75 down the Interstate, UNTIL the Highway Patrolman is behind me.
CULater

by freetacos » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:31 pm

number one...call your lapdog off

ft
freetacos

by ontheblack » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:30 am

Thank you JMO, et al at PGF for being responsive. The privacy policy was well done. Giving us the option is greatly appreciated.
ontheblack

by Trophy Hunter » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:35 pm

It would be easy to ask if you were going to allow birth certificates in lieu of SS#'s why it took so long... but no matter, all is well that ends well.

And for the record, if any other organization came out with a mandatory SS# policy, I'd be crawling all over them too. It isn't and wasn't about PGF, per se, but the policy.

Glad you fixed it.

Now what else in travel ball needs to be fixed? :roll: :lol:
Ladies, if a man tells you he will fix it, he will fix it. There is no reason to remind him about it every six months.
Trophy Hunter

by NumeroUno » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:53 pm

1) early recruiting

2) only letting colleges scout players June, July, August and September

3)to many showcases not enough tourneys

thats for starters ;)
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Trophy Hunter » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:26 pm

NumeroUno wrote:1) early recruiting

2) only letting colleges scout players June, July, August and September

3)to many showcases not enough tourneys

thats for starters ;)

Re #1 and #2, It's hard to pressure the colleges.

Re #3, who runs all the showcases? Oh, wouldn't you know - Haning and Hay. :lol:
And Minor's Gold and Firecrackers do SoCal's Finest, right?
Anyone else?

I suspect when the schools limit scouting to June-Sept, all of the showcases will magically become "tournaments" so the organizers can charge inflated entry fees compared to friendlies.

It would be nice though if the players had that time off.
Ladies, if a man tells you he will fix it, he will fix it. There is no reason to remind him about it every six months.
Trophy Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch