Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

More invites to 18u?

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by NumeroUno » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:23 pm

I played fastpitch for 12 years, newbie :lol: Been around the game long before I had kids, talking out your a$$ again.

Just about everyone on batbusters, CA, so cal athletics, worth firecrackers, and explosion is signed or verballed. ya so!!!

He has worked his a$$ off for his players and a lot of teams players. I didn't even know him and we met and he helped me out without a hesitation. You have a big mouth, and once again you come on here talking crap about things you have no clue about.

bash a guy that you know nothing about, what a man
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by superfan » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:38 pm

dodgerblue wrote:You know there's plenty of coaches that do alot for their girls so that shouldn't be a factor. To come on here and say you beat alot of the top teams is great but you're not the only team that has. For the most part they're showcases so girls are being moved around and trying new things so that doesn't really count in my book. Beat them in a tournament format then maybe just maybe consider an invite. That shouldn't be what PGF should be about and it's sad what it is turning into. JMHO. Like I said before no hard feelings but this board is for information and :D people's opinions so don't take it to heart.

I see your point about showcases however it has been my observation that teams play to win even at showcases. I'm sure SGV Velocity is also moving around girls and trying new things and showcases are the perfect time to experiment. I think the saddest thing isn't the invites but all of the whining about how unfair PGF is. If one spends their time always noting what's wrong, there is no time left to appreciate what's right. Enjoy this time with you DD's!
superfan

by softballmafia » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:41 pm

Hey idiot did i bash a guy...not....did not say anything bad about the guy....read what I said...all I heard was he likes senior players who don't want to travel outside of cali beacuse of expenses and play locally...he likes to recruit signed players for tournaments....I am done...sorry I offended you softball expert.
softballmafia

by NumeroUno » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:10 pm

so what you heard was wrong and you go on a public forum and and open your big mouth
what a tool!!!
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by CULater » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:17 pm

superfan wrote:
dodgerblue wrote:You know there's plenty of coaches that do alot for their girls so that shouldn't be a factor. To come on here and say you beat alot of the top teams is great but you're not the only team that has. For the most part they're showcases so girls are being moved around and trying new things so that doesn't really count in my book. Beat them in a tournament format then maybe just maybe consider an invite. That shouldn't be what PGF should be about and it's sad what it is turning into. JMHO. Like I said before no hard feelings but this board is for information and :D people's opinions so don't take it to heart.

I see your point about showcases however it has been my observation that teams play to win even at showcases. I'm sure SGV Velocity is also moving around girls and trying new things and showcases are the perfect time to experiment. I think the saddest thing isn't the invites but all of the whining about how unfair PGF is. If one spends their time always noting what's wrong, there is no time left to appreciate what's right. Enjoy this time with you DD's!

Fall is what it is...some bat the lineup, run their fastest player for anyone, throw a pitcher for two innings, etc. I don't put much stock into what happens in the fall.

I agree that the most important thing is to enjoy the time with your DDs because it is short.

As far as the bashing of PGF goes, I say this...PGF was formed to be a better alternative to ASA because ASA wasn't listening. They set themselves up for people to question decisions, or in your words whining, simply by creating the new organization because they didn't like how ASA was handling fastpitch and claiming that this would be different, then when it isn't different get mad when people whine. The biggest beef I have with PGF was/ is the way they handle the invitations and qualifiers. The only thing that was really different, in my opinion, was the location and the length of the event, but now even the length of the event is the same as ASA.

When PGF was first formed, I bought in. I thought this will be great, but after a couple of years it really isn't any different than the good ole boys at ASA. PGF promised to remove the invitations after the first two years, limiting them to just the top 8 plus ties, then reversed course and now is almost 50/50 invited to qualified teams. The qualifiers themselves are limited and given to friends of PGF to run, pretty much what people complained about when it came to where ASA holds their nationals. Then, not only is there invitations, but I question the arbitrary manner in which those invitations are handed out. Heck at least with ASA Gold you still have to qualify. Now there is the insurance issue, where you can use ASA insurance for the qualifiers but you have to spend an additional $9 a player (on top of the $1500 entry) to have PGF insurance if you qualify for nationals, and have the nerve to put on their website "you spoke we listened". Really? I was good with just purchasing one insurance policy per kid. I guess the only thing different is who is collecting the profits at then end of the day.
CULater

by Iluvblue » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:43 pm

Premier = 1500 dollar entry fee and no gate for any parents, siblings, grandparents, etc..

ASA = 450 entry fee(im guessing) and 40 dollar per week pass times 2 parents equals 80, plus 25 for kids x 2 equals 50 more, so that is 130 dollars per family, times 14 players in the team equals 1820 plus the 450 entry comes out to 2270.

That is an approximate, but costs are close. So teams simply charge each player about 80 dollars per kid, times 14, equals 1200, and the team pays 300 and you are covered.

What is the difference? Only difference is Premier doesnt have to have someone working the gate 16 hours per day.

I dont like the invites either, but I think(hope) they will go away soon. I understand why they have them, but only one thing I can do, and that is qualify. If we cant qualify, whining about the invites is just sour grapes because we didnt get one.

Qualify, if you dont, then oh well. Our 16u did last year, our 18u did not.
Iluvblue

by Daddylawman » Wed May 02, 2012 10:20 am

Iluvblue wrote:Premier = 1500 dollar entry fee and no gate for any parents, siblings, grandparents, etc..

ASA = 450 entry fee(im guessing) and 40 dollar per week pass times 2 parents equals 80, plus 25 for kids x 2 equals 50 more, so that is 130 dollars per family, times 14 players in the team equals 1820 plus the 450 entry comes out to 2270.

That is an approximate, but costs are close. So teams simply charge each player about 80 dollars per kid, times 14, equals 1200, and the team pays 300 and you are covered.

What is the difference? Only difference is Premier doesnt have to have someone working the gate 16 hours per day.

I dont like the invites either, but I think(hope) they will go away soon. I understand why they have them, but only one thing I can do, and that is qualify. If we cant qualify, whining about the invites is just sour grapes because we didnt get one.

Qualify, if you dont, then oh well. Our 16u did last year, our 18u did not.

But since the reality is very few families take 2 other kids and most families only have 1 parent there. Use reasonable figures of about $75 - $80 per family and your cost analysis fails. Easy to manipulate the numbers when you use unrealistic assumptions.
Daddylawman

by Iluvblue » Wed May 02, 2012 11:22 am

But since the reality is very few families take 2 other kids and most families only have 1 parent there. Use reasonable figures of about $75 - $80 per family and your cost analysis fails. Easy to manipulate the numbers when you use unrealistic assumptions.

Manipulate? No way for me to be exact, but your assumption of each kid bringing only 1 person is a huge stretch.

regardless of how close we are on the numbers, you divide up the cost of entry among your familes..... it comes out to pretty darn close, and IMO, cheaper than ASA.

But even if it is more expensive on the part of Premier... it certainly isnt by much.

Much ado about nothing.
Iluvblue

by Midwest » Fri May 04, 2012 9:40 am

I think it all works out in the long run for the better. My daughters team is going and yes some families have only one parent and player going but others have the entire famliy and others attending.
Midwest

by AlwaysImprove » Fri May 04, 2012 10:00 am

Midwest wrote:I think it all works out in the long run for the better. My daughters team is going and yes some families have only one parent and player going but others have the entire famliy and others attending.

PGF's single fee encourages attendance. My parents went to Johnson City. My dad believes being retired means you are on a fixed income, which means being cheap. He was shocked at the $40 for the week pass. So he just bought a few single game tickets. They missed a ton of great ball that year.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch