Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Insurance for 2012 PGF Qualifiers

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by AnotherDad » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:05 pm

Our team is planning to register for ASA insurance/ ID cards and background check/ ACE for coaches. Someone told me we could use those for PGF.

Do we need separate special Insurance, PGF/VTD registration ID for the PGF Qualifier? Or will the ASA ID cards/ etc be ok?
AnotherDad

by NumeroUno » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:19 pm

The PGF Board of Directors would like to congratulate all teams that have either received a returning berth or have been invited to this year’s event.
Please read the attachment carefully and take note of the deadline dates to accept your invitation to this prestigious event.
To register for this event, please go to the PGF website and click on the blue tab labeled “2012 National 14u, 16u, 18HS Championship”. You will then be able to log on and obtain your official entry form. Your $750 deposit must be accompanied with your entry form.
The PGF will be launching a state-of-the-art, age verification/insurance program within the next few days. Age verification will now be done electronically and there is no longer a need for birth certificates and school ID cards. This insurance policy will cover your team no matter what organization your team participates in. More exciting news coming soon!!
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by UmpSteve » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:31 pm

UmpSteve
Premium Member
Premium Member

by AnotherDad » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:47 pm

UmpSteve wrote:Just a thought ........

http://www.premiergirlsfastpitch.com/rules/index.php

Thanks while I see coaches need background check through PGF it looks like we could use ASA insurance at least for Qualifiers. Its not clear if its been updated for 2012 though s they reference 2011.

"Qualifiers: Teams will check-in with official PGF rosters, obtained from the PGF website, with either PGF/VTD or ASA/Bollinger Picture ID cards. Also teams must show proof of PGF or ASA insurance at check-in."
AnotherDad

by Iluvblue » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:07 pm

we dont get multiple insurance policies for our cars. Im tiring of all the different registrations and insurance. Need to do it once and be done.
Iluvblue

by ontheblack » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:37 pm

My insurance doesnt cover me in Mexico, so I buy Mexican insurance when I go across the border where there is a different governing body.
ontheblack

by joaquinjunior » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:06 am

Car insurance or health insurance, are not covering you in Mexico.??? lol :roll: :o :shock:
joaquinjunior
Premium Member
Premium Member

by anonlooker » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:04 pm

Iluvblue wrote:we dont get multiple insurance policies for our cars. Im tiring of all the different registrations and insurance. Need to do it once and be done.

NumeroUno wrote:
The PGF will be launching a state-of-the-art, age verification/insurance program within the next few days. Age verification will now be done electronically and there is no longer a need for birth certificates and school ID cards. This insurance policy will cover your team no matter what organization your team participates in. More exciting news coming soon!!

ILB, you may have missed the statement in bold in NU's post?

Noteworthy however, that ASA could easily NOT accept the PGF insurance, just as PGF has opted not to accept the ASA insurance. Maybe they should do what's in the best interest of the girls and use the same insurance. Or would that eliminate a revenue stream?

And I had to LOL at the "state of the art"... "now be done electronically"... bit. What did they use last year, smoke signals or the pony express? :lol:
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by anonlooker » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:52 pm

ontheblack wrote:My insurance doesnt cover me in Mexico, so I buy Mexican insurance when I go across the border where there is a different governing body.

Mexican insurance? :lol: :lol: Yeah, that'll protect you! :lol: :lol:
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by Iluvblue » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:53 am

ILB, you may have missed the statement in bold in NU's post?

I didnt miss it. Here is the problem. IN our area at least HALF of the tournaments are ASA. My teams play in many of them and in order to playin an asa tourney, you must be an ASA registered team. You must register EACH player, not the team in ASA which is something like 20 bucks per player. 13 player is about 260 bucks.

Play in an IFA tourney, you must register with IFA which is about 35 bucks.

Play in PGF, now we must insure each player through PGF. It is simply sucking money out of teams. It used to be one fee and done, now it can be 3 and maybe even 4.

It is redundant and it just sucks for the teams with ZERO added benefit to the team.
Iluvblue

Next

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch