by NumeroUno » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:06 pm

PGF.bmp
PGF.bmp (66.78 KiB) Viewed 10107 times
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by TexasYellowBall » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:11 pm

"PGF bringing in the best".........
-The official, who you know National Championship.
-The official, No qualification needed to play National Championship
-The official, Bringing in the best, Charging the most, and promising more ever minute.
-The official, "qualifiers date and locations will be out as soon. Translation = get the highes bids in

Sorry PGF but your getting a big head, and resemble the old school brother-in-lawing that you accuse ASA of being.

ASA is still the natural National Championship. Hope you pull through and make changes to accomidate the softball community and not just California. Hope your around in 10 years.
TexasYellowBall

by exD1dad » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:24 pm

Hey Texas Yellowballs...wwwaaaaaaahhhh why u be cryin like a baby??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you so anal you need to plan your schedule before the year ends ? Perhaps you have a chip on your shoulder because California girls are on almost every major college roster ? Did your mother not breast feed you enough ?

Have Merry Christmas & Happy New Year anyway..remember it's just a game
"It's not giving up if you discover you've been chasing the wrong destiny" -Morley LA street artist who posted this on Melrose Avenue in Jan '14
exD1dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by ontheblack » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:31 pm

TexasYellowBall wrote:

ASA is still the natural National Championship. Hope you pull through and make changes to accomidate the softball community and not just California. Hope your around in 10 years.

How do you explain why the 2011 ASA 18G Champ is playing PGF in 2012?
ontheblack

by Safebyahare » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:49 pm

I am sure Texas will be represented at PGF , because it does bring the best, and Texas has some of the best.
With that said: I would agree the free births should be limited.
I know the team my daughter chooses to play on will do it the old fashion way, and earn it.
In her travels she has done, Triple Crown (when you had to earn it) she has taken us to ASA Nationals, and I will confess,PGF last year was the best. From the wide variety of teams, to the scheduling and fields, the weather and location.
I am greatful for the adventures she has taken us, Texas and the Midwest are nice, but let's face it, for the weather Southern California has the best for August.
There is a pride in chasing and earning a berth, they have no respect for freebies.
I see further, because I stand on the shoulders of giants
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

by AlwaysImprove » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:09 am

TexasYellowBall wrote:"PGF bringing in the best".........
-The official, who you know National Championship.
-The official, No qualification needed to play National Championship
-The official, Bringing in the best, Charging the most, and promising more ever minute.
-The official, "qualifiers date and locations will be out as soon. Translation = get the highes bids in

Sorry PGF but your getting a big head, and resemble the old school brother-in-lawing that you accuse ASA of being.

Hmmm. I think you are the natural spokesman for the natural tournament.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Old Darter » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:26 am

Safebyahare wrote:I am sure Texas will be represented at PGF , because it does bring the best, and Texas has some of the best.
With that said: I would agree the free births should be limited.
I know the team my daughter chooses to play on will do it the old fashion way, and earn it.
In her travels she has done, Triple Crown (when you had to earn it) she has taken us to ASA Nationals, and I will confess,PGF last year was the best. From the wide variety of teams, to the scheduling and fields, the weather and location.
I am greatful for the adventures she has taken us, Texas and the Midwest are nice, but let's face it, for the weather Southern California has the best for August.
There is a pride in chasing and earning a berth, they have no respect for freebies.

So if your daughters team was one of those invited, they would decline in favor of chasing a bid thru qualifiers?

Something to think about: are the returning teams with invites chosen randomly out of a hat from all girls fastpitch teams registered throughout the US last year? No, they are invited on strength of play. I'd rather have that then travel to a Nationals where the first two bracket games are run ruled.
Old Darter

by Safebyahare » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:35 pm

Old Darter,,,,,heck no! team would save money if invited! Proud but not foolish. Time management. I do understand what I typed. So let me say it another way. Premiere is goal. I am sure her team will be there again. Was triying to smooth Texasyellowballs and the haters. For me as a parent of a player, I do enjoy the journey. the fight, the game.
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Safebyahare » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:44 pm

PS Old Darter, I only know from my experience with my daughter that the many things I give her get over looked or do not have as much value as the things she has earned or done herself. Example: bought her many bats, but she loves the one she bought! I do not back off of the statement of things earned are better than thoughs given. Another example could be used. If I buy her a car, she will drive it till it dies. If she buys a car, and has to make payments, she will take care of it,ect.
If we were given a berth,,yes they would take it, but will they play the same as if they earned it??? I do enjoy the shit eating grin on her face, and other girl faces when the team upsets another.
Final example.... Which team would have more pride.
Team Alpha wins every game and takes the quick way to victory. OR
Team Bravo falls into losers bracket at the gate, takes long road to victory.
Both teams would stand proud, but team Bravo would have a shit eating grin, with fight and love of game.
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

by CULater » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:47 am

one question...what person is grinning while eating shit? I move that the expression is changed to cookie eating grin.
CULater

Next

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch