Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Premier Question

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by anonlooker » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:33 pm

Give 'em a break, I heard they're using an ENIAC. :lol: :lol:
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by tigermom » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:15 pm

Anyone know when the pool play schedules will be posted? :?
tigermom

by ba92841 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:35 pm

So there was no rain out for the SJ Sting/Strike Zone game. Strike Zone was awarded a berth even though they were eliminated. Extra berths are awarded as PGF sees fit.

Central Cal Dirt Dogs received a berth even though they were eliminated before Sorcerer Blue and LW Firecrackers at the So Cal Qualifier. Furthermore, at the Nor Cal Qualifier, it looks like LW Firecrackers put the Dirt Dogs in the loser’s bracket and then beat them again to eliminate them.

Chasing a berth and not getting it is disappointing for any team. However, I can only imagine how disheartening it is for the young ladies on these more deserving teams to know that they were passed over for a team that they beat out in the order of finish, better yet, a team that they personally eliminated in a qualifier.

The same demon rears its ugly head: extra berths are awarded as PGF sees fit. Gary Haning once said that PGF is a “better way of doing things”. How so in this case? Does PGF have an explanation for these young ladies or is this the accepted norm for years to come?

by ocsoftball » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:42 pm

Just accept it i say im sure Gary will have a spin on it once he gets around here to explain.
ocsoftball

by imaz » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:10 am

Here's a good question. This statement is noted on the home page of the website.

"Note: As a result of the 2011 18HS PGF National Championship, we will have 34 invited and/or qualified teams. The total number of teams for 2011 will be no more than 66 and no fewer than 64."

.... And the number of teams this year for 2011 is 68.
imaz

by Sftbll4ever » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:21 am

Who's doing the scorekeeping on these games? Is it a parent? I love the pointstreak stats, although, there are some mistakes.

I know it is just the first few games, so they will work out all the kinks. Did the ASA folks have some training before hand?
Sftbll4ever

by Realist » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:21 am

You know SPAZ, I am actually a PGF supporter, but you don't have to have a come back for every negative comment towards the organization. People need to complain, people will always complain. Let it go.

People will find fault, whether valid or not, with even reasonable explanations.

When the Tournament and the Organization prove to be successfull the detractors will still be there, but the detractions will not be loud enough to be heard.
Realist

by NumeroUno » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:29 pm

We had a young girl doing our score keeping and I heard they did have some training a head of time.

I also think if they said there are a certain number of teams max then it should be what they said..
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by anonlooker » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:41 pm

The scorekeepers at our game were college players.
Won't know how well they did until I check if they gave my kid an H or E on her 2nd AB!
;) :lol:

Re: the # of teams, it was probably a typo. :)
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by imaz » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:15 pm

You didn't ask a question and who cares how many teams are there?

My question is why did the previously posted team limit expand?

I think there are probably a lot of people who care how many teams are there, especially when it was posted on the website how many would qualify.

Don't post it, and there would be no question......
imaz

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch