Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Shame on you PGF!!!

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by Battle » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:13 pm

stwilson wrote:I was never contacted by PGF, not once, until I called them on the fact that my roster was manipulated. THEY NEVER TOOK THE TIME TO CONTACT ME. They did, however, change my roster based on letters sent by the parents of the two players in question and a coach of the team they were planning to pickup with (Team AZ). To say I am disappointed THEY NEVER TOOK THE TIME TO CONTACT ME is an understatement. Had they did so, they would have discovered the truth. In all my years of coaching I have NEVER kicked a kid off any team I have been involved with. NEVER. Those families chose to leave.

To all you coaches out there, be aware, the PUBLISHED PGF rules do not apply to all. Make sure you express your displeasure (at tonight's coaches meeting) with PGF's decision to change a qualifying roster and their "it's OK to change the rules" for some to the tournament director Bret Denio (bret.denio@premiergirlsfastpitch.com). SHAME ON YOU PGF!!! That's a VERY poor decision.

Just curious...What would you have done with these two players had PGF agreed with you and gave them back to you? Would you have played them?
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by ontheblack » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:19 pm

If a team played in a qualifier in June but didnt qualify, could a player have left that team for one that played, say Oregon a few weeks ago, and be eligible?
ontheblack

by PDad » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:41 pm

ontheblack wrote:If a team played in a qualifier in June but didnt qualify, could a player have left that team for one that played, say Oregon a few weeks ago, and be eligible?

Once a team has submitted its roster at a check-in for a Qualifying Tournament, all players registered to that team are frozen on that team until the team disbands, chooses not to enter further Qualifying Tournaments or finishes the final Qualifying Tournament and does not qualify for Nationals. Once a team qualifies for the Nationals, all players on that team are frozen until August 5, 2012.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by lovsofbal » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:32 pm

PDad wrote:
ontheblack wrote:If a team played in a qualifier in June but didnt qualify, could a player have left that team for one that played, say Oregon a few weeks ago, and be eligible?

Once a team has submitted its roster at a check-in for a Qualifying Tournament, all players registered to that team are frozen on that team until the team disbands, chooses not to enter further Qualifying Tournaments or finishes the final Qualifying Tournament and does not qualify for Nationals. Once a team qualifies for the Nationals, all players on that team are frozen until August 5, 2012.

After seeing some of the rules i've seen on this thread. If they are true. Why is this coach contesting the move of the players. If they are an Invited team, it looks as if the rules don't apply the same to them as they do for qualifying teams, and the players may go elsewhere. I've seen coaches who pursue invites and the players or parents don't know anything about it. So the parents are looking for other teams to play on for the tournament. Even if the parents did know the coach looking for an invite, It's their perogative to look around.
lovsofbal

by biggun » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:45 pm

Obviously the rules are convoluted and difficult for us to definitively interpret. I think it is unfair to cry foul about these circumstances. The head coach is being vindictive because he couldnt get these girls to sit out this premier tournament based solely on the fact that they left his team. No one knows what, how, or why the powers that be decided to let these girls play, to assume its under nefarious circumstances is very one-sided if you are basing it off that coachs diatribe. No one knows if any rules were broken or if they followed what they believe to be the correct ruling based on the fact they didnt qualify and asked for a berth. You people really should know the facts before you jump on a band wagon. He just wants everyone to associate a negative connotation to the team he lost the girls to, and everyone drank the kool-aid, no questions. There are two sides to every story. No, those people that have first hand knowledge of the situation shouldnt share what they know, its not their place, and more importantly its nobodys business. Without the facts you are all judging a team and parents solely based on a guys very emotional vomit. Im fairly certain no strings were pulled for some Arizona team by So Cal people. They didnt need to contact him because the matter wasnt his concern, the girls were no longer part of his team and more importantly didnt help his team qualify for anything as they never qualified at all.
biggun

by NumeroUno » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:55 pm

creature in shallow water.jpg
creature in shallow water.jpg (23.91 KiB) Viewed 3358 times

shovel nose right off the shore in so cal
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by lovsofbal » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:06 pm

NumeroUno wrote:
creature in shallow water.jpg

shovel nose right off the shore in so cal

I take it fishing was good :)
lovsofbal

by NumeroUno » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:12 pm

i caught 3 yellow fin croakers also, only fished 1:30 befrore a bunch of seaweed came in for some reason. going tomorrow night too
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by rdelawder12 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:51 pm

Invited teams do not play in qualifiers, which is why their roster isn't frozen, if a team played in a qualifier the roster is frozen, so being given an at large berth or calling it an invite, is not the same as the teams that received an "invitation", because they didn't have to compete in a qualifier. The downside to being "invited" is kids can jump ship and nothing can be done about it, but for those that paid the $550 to play in the qulifiers with submitted rosters and now frozen shouldn't be allowed per the rules to change teams and play for another team. Thats a clear violation of what I'm interpreting as the rule to be.
So let the kids play is always in everyones best interest, but the rule was created for a reason and there is always two sides to a story, but truly changing teams this late in the summer season isn't fair to the team that has lost the players or the "other" kids on the new team that wont be playing due to picking up players, so parents will be paying to watch thier kids sit the bench....
Good luck with this one, LOL
rdelawder12

by alwaysdrama » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:37 am

The whole idea of there being two sides to every story is exactly correct as always.
The coach is just protecting his team by what he sees as a violation of the rules.This whole interpretation of the rules is silly...blah blah blah. Simply put the rule is in place specifically for this purpose. So a few kids/parents can't jump ship last minute to play in what they perceive to be a better " winning " situation. That's what these folks did and per the rules , they shouldn't be allowed to play. The whole " it's all about the kids, let them play " is also a dumb argument.
If that's the case then throw out all the rules concerning rosters. Why even have them ? There is always a deeper story though.
The 2 parents/kids in question started practicing with Team Az behind the Xtreme coaches back. They had expressed interest and had been contacted by Team Az about picking up.
What actually was discussed is obviously not know exactly , but the fact is , the 2 left because they didn't hear what they wanted ? Now that Xtreme was playing they didn't want to play with their " own " team ? or simply wanted greener pastures since Team Az is regarded as being a better team ?
The coach imo is simply saying why have a rule if you can simply leave a team last minute to play with another team ? As to Team Az , I see their side too.This whole " stealing of players " term makes me laugh. No one forces any parent to go to another team. A choice is made simple as that. The bigger question is why Team Az would feel the need to pick up after boldly proclaiming all year they they are the kings of the court and now will be the new Az Firecrackers in 14U?
Still a bigger question as some have said , what about the kids that played with this team all year to now get kicked to the curb because 2 new " stars " are on the team ?
12U ...really ?
Ironically though, this will probably cause it's own havoc showing coaches true colors and safe to say come tryout time the team might lose because of it. The same parents on this team who continue to cry " it's all about the girls" actually mean it's all about winning at any cost. Drama in softball, who would have thunk it ? LOL.
Add the final straw that Xtreme has picked up players all year and previous years in an effort to " show their strength " and are in fact picking up this week too a kid they picked up to play in the qualifier they played in Phoenix.
So what does that say about the whole situation ?
What goes around comes around. Treat others as you would expect to be treated.
Play for the game, not for the win. It is all about the girls, but some parents want to win more than their kids do to try and show " their greatness " .
alwaysdrama

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch