Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

I can't take it anymore

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by NumeroUno » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:06 pm

I can't stand politics and I try not to post them here but I have little will power. But I have to say this, OBama is a complete moron, he gave up six lives and turned over 5 very dangerous taliban scum bags and a undisclosed amount of money for a service man who ran off and quit. What are the chances of the 5 guys he let go coming back and killing Americans or innocent people? How about the doors he just opened for snatching up more Americans and using them to get more teliban scum bags released. The guy has lost his mind
okay I'm done
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by PDad » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:10 pm

I wish Obama could be held criminally responsible for any harm caused by the prisoners he released.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by FP FAN » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:13 am

Did I hear someone say impeachment?!?
FP FAN

by FP FAN » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:17 am

Not to mention the Marine who has served the US honorably and with distinction and is still sitting in a Mexican jail........ok now I'm done.
FP FAN

by jonriv » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:18 am

Prisoner exchanges(especially at the end of conflicts) is certainly nothing new, but it really looked like they did not do their homework here. Did we exchange 5 prisoners fo a deserter just so we can prosecute(perhaps even execute)? Did they really not know the full background of this guy and the costs to his desertion? Not sure what the end game on this was....
jonriv

by jonriv » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:22 am

correction- six

Whole thing is stupid

I can kind of understand the logic(although not really agree with it)

six for one
no one left behind
etc........(but not for a deserter!!!)

certainly is a slippery slope and may send the wrong message to current and future adversaries
jonriv

by ontheblack » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:30 am

jonriv wrote:correction- six

Whole thing is stupid

I can kind of understand the logic(although not really agree with it)

six for one
no one left behind
etc........(but not for a deserter!!!)

certainly is a slippery slope and may send the wrong message to current and future adversaries

JR,

Any chance you are related to our moronic Governor Moonbeam?

I read your comments and have to ask myself, Are you effing serious? You think for a single minute that this POTUS adheres to no man left behind? He did this on his own without consulting or even giving a heads up to those war vets in Congress, even that are in his own party, because he knows the response would have a been a resounding "HELL NO!"

You aren't sure of the end game? This was appeasement, pure and simple. Obama loves guys like you - frogs he can boil alive while you sit there and go "Ribbit, ribbit", watching cluelessly as he dismantles our Nation.

If you cant see this for what it is, then you too may be living like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWSyEWvu8UY

Today is the 70th anniversary of DDAY. It is beyond shameful that this POTUS has dishonored our servicemen and women in this manner. We can only hope that today he doesnt issue a public apology to the Nazis for storming the beaches of Normandy.
ontheblack

by jonriv » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:49 am

On the Black I am no apologist and certainly by no means condone what he did. I too find it reprehensible that all this was done for a deserter. Apeasment??? does not mak sense-who is he appeasing?? I think this was a misguided attempt to look good and trying to appear at "no one left behind" but without doing their homework on the full situation(as usual) and now they look awful. The President is left defending the undefendable.

Also I said I might understand the logic to a prisoner exchange -but not that I agree with this particular case. Prisoner exchanges have been done in all wars we have involved in, that's nothing new. Probably the first time we exchanged for a deserter. Not sure I like the idea of legitimitizing the Taliban either.

The other problem I have now is that the Army is now in the tough position of having to probably Court Martial this guy- politically ugly however it goes. The penalty for desertion in a combat zone is a firing squad(not done since wwii) though probably it will not go that far

BTW OTB-did you serve?
jonriv

by PDad » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:15 am

jonriv wrote:correction- six

Where do you see 6? There are some reports that 6 soldiers died searching for Bergdahl...

Americans are attractive targets unless the perpetrators fear getting caught. Our military did put together some rescue plans, but they never gained traction because A) the military wasn't keen on risking more lives to rescue a presumed deserter and B) the WH wanted a diplomatic solution that would advance their goal of closing Gitmo.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:35 am

Got six from uno- should have stuck to my original 5

PDad you are right on that why waste a rescue for a deserter
jonriv

Next

Return to The Pub