Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

Lakers = Choke

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by sportzjunky » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:09 am

ugly, very-very ugly....

somone needs to lose thier job over last nights debacle.. that chinese taipei fastpitch game sounded like a better option.
sportzjunky

by NumeroUno » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:57 am

Up by 26 points and losing a payoff game is unacceptable. They are done, not enough heart on that team.
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Blind Squirrel » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:04 am

Its a miracle that the Lakers got this far. I thought they would have been eliminated before now. Name an NBA Champ who had a player of Bynom's calibre out for all of the playoffs. Choke? I would say exposed. If they stay healthy next year, no one will be able to cope with them. Too much length and athleticism. This year gave their youth needed playoff experience. Besides all that, it will be great to see KG, Pierce and Allen finally get a ring. All are Hall of Famers and deserve it. So does Ainge who got players in trades that weren't gimmees like the Pau "trade." The best team won, simple as that. Next year will be a serious changing of the guard in the NBA as a number of perrenial top teams will be on the decline due to age and being worn down.

John
10 years from now I'll wish I felt like I do these days.
Blind Squirrel
Premium Member
Premium Member

by artomatic » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:11 am

Blind Squirrel wrote:Its a miracle that the Lakers got this far. I thought they would have been eliminated before now. Name an NBA Champ who had a player of Bynom's calibre out for all of the playoffs. Choke? I would say exposed. If they stay healthy next year, no one will be able to cope with them. Too much length and athleticism. This year gave their youth needed playoff experience. Besides all that, it will be great to see KG, Pierce and Allen finally get a ring. All are Hall of Famers and deserve it. So does Ainge who got players in trades that weren't gimmees like the Pau "trade." The best team won, simple as that. Next year will be a serious changing of the guard in the NBA as a number of perrenial top teams will be on the decline due to age and being worn down.

John

Agree w/BS, but it was still tough.
I am trying to remember where they were at the beginning of the season, so in that regard, they have come a long way, and the best is yet to come, hopefully with a healthy Bynum next year...
but damn, I got to the chinese taipei game and they were up by 13 in the 3rd quarter...then i heard someone say they lost, and I got that sinking feeling...
I didn't like it when they started hoisting 3's at the end of the 1st half with that big lead...
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by SSdad » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:20 am

Plain and simple, they got comfortable. When you are comfortable and do not have the drive, you tend to suffer. This applies to everything. Sports, work, marriage, you name it.

Plus the fact that their two hot hands, Odom and Fisher were on the bench at the end....wtf?
It's better to keep your mouth shut and look like you're stupid......
than to open it and remove all doubt.
SSdad

by behindtheplate » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:25 am

Only question now is who will be the MVP?

Doc Rivers will make a feel good story should the Celtics wrap it up on Sunday!
behindtheplate

by anonlooker » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:17 pm

MVP would have to be Pierce.

As to Odom being on the bench at the end, his 2nd half stunk as bad as the rest of his series, Phil probably figured Lamar had shot his wad for the night, and let's face it, Kobe can't win this thing without a lot of help and he's getting almost nada, and the Lakers can't stop Pierce Garnett and Allen, and and Rondo, Perkins, Posey, House and Brown.

Kobe may be the best player in the game right now, but top to bottom the Celtics are simply swarming and killing the Lakers. And yet, Vegas books have the Lakers favored by 7 Sunday. Go figure.

IMHO
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

Return to The Pub