Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

Hall of Fame

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by NumeroUno » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:54 pm

Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Pale Rider » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:32 am

....still think Pete Rose should be in the HOF
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:55 am

Pete Rose will get in after he is dead. He had a chance, all he had to do was admit to the gambling he was caught red handed doing, but he refused.
jonriv

by exD1dad » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:28 am

Rose is the Hit King & just because he was a jerk full of pride shouldn't have any bearing on getting into the HOF. The guy should be in...period.

I do find it interesting the steroid era players have been totally shut out. IMHO rightfully so.
"It's not giving up if you discover you've been chasing the wrong destiny" -Morley LA street artist who posted this on Melrose Avenue in Jan '14
exD1dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Lunatic Fringe » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:40 am

I agree that Rose should be in the HOF. I also agree that he will make it after he dies. I agree with that too.

I'm glad that Maddux made it and would liked to have seen Biggio make it.

Don't care about Glavine or Thomas.
Sometimes too much to drink is barely enough.
Mark Twain
Lunatic Fringe

by jonriv » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:53 am

Rose is the Hit King & just because he was a jerk full of pride shouldn't have any bearing on getting into the HOF. The guy should be in...period

Has nothing about being a jerk(which he is) It's the fact he bet on baseball which since the Black Sox is major no-no and deal breaker.

Rose has only himself to blame(which he will never do)
jonriv

by exD1dad » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:14 pm

My Pete Rose story- 1972 Phillies vs big Red machine, Johnny Bench won it with a HR in the top of the 17th after Steve Carleton went like 10 innings several HOFers & around the 15th inning or so Rose hits his 3rd or 4th single of the game & Bob Boone throws him out stealing 2nd. I had moved down just over the Reds dugout (it was a schoolnight) & as he jogs in I yell "aww Charlie Hustle we got ya" Rose pops his head out of the dugout looks me square in the eye & says "F__k you kid" ! scared the crap outta me & I ran back up to where my father & Pastor were sitting. :lol:

Everything else aside, the guy played the game the way it was meant to be played & left it all on the field.
"It's not giving up if you discover you've been chasing the wrong destiny" -Morley LA street artist who posted this on Melrose Avenue in Jan '14
exD1dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:50 pm

Pete Rose isn't in the Hall of Fame because he's banned from baseball for gambling on Reds games while a manager of the Reds. That was explicitly illegal at the time and he did it anyway, knowing such an offense carried a lifetime ban. And he still did it.

Here's the rule:

Rule 21 MISCONDUCT, (d) BETTING ON BALL GAMES, Any player, umpire, or club or league official or employee, who shall bet any sum whatsoever upon any baseball game in connection with which the bettor has a duty to perform shall be declared permanently ineligible.
Rose violated that rule, has admitted as much, and he has been declared permanently ineligible.

Put simply: Rose made his bed. He's now lying in it.

jonriv

by jonriv » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:43 pm

It's not about character- he broke a long standing rule:

Rule 21 MISCONDUCT, (d) BETTING ON BALL GAMES, Any player, umpire, or club or league official or employee, who shall bet any sum whatsoever upon any baseball game in connection with which the bettor has a duty to perform shall be declared permanently ineligible.
jonriv

by Pale Rider » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:53 pm

Spazsdad wrote:But hey, use drugs, father children all over the country, maybe beat a spouse or girlfriend, no problem.
All these awards should be based solely on your game numbers. Nobody voting knows these players or their real character so those things should have no bearing on the voting

X2...
Bonds and Clemons should never ever even be considered...nor should McGwire...
The list of steroid users is so long...
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to The Pub