Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Adidas Futures Tournament/Tryouts

by Joe » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:22 pm

JayScott wrote:Thanks to all of the athletes that participated in the tryouts and have been anxiously awaiting the decisions. At this time, all spots have been offered, accepted, and filled for both teams and each athlete that tried out has been notified.

Team 1:

Team 2:

WOW! Posting kid's names on a website not affiliated with your team? I think we have the makings of a new thread:

"Is it appropriate (or ethical) for a coach/manager to post player's names (under 18 years of age) on an independent, non-affiliated website?"

Update: You're back on track Jay. Your parents will appreciate good judgment.
Joe

by spideytruck » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:54 am

Thanks JayScott for the update.

Ok, There is still one more Adidas futures tryout this Wednesday for Glory Naudin. My question is this: If you went to the first tryout for McClasky/Gwyn and did not make the team would you go to the next tryout for the Glory Naudin team? Why or Why not? :?:
spideytruck

by spideytruck » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:19 pm

One more update:

Before the names were deleted from this thread I counted about 8 players from the old Fusion Team and 1 from the American Freedom team on the new Adidas futures team 2.

I also counted about 2 or 3 from the old Fusion and 1 from American Freedom on the new Adidas futures team 1.

This is about what I was expecting. Maybe a few more from their old teams but all in all they seemed to be actually searching for the best talent and not just picking from their old teams.

What do yall think?
spideytruck

by softballrulznut » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:14 pm

spideytruck wrote:One more update:

Before the names were deleted from this thread I counted about 8 players from the old Fusion Team and 1 from the American Freedom team on the new Adidas futures team 2.

I also counted about 2 or 3 from the old Fusion and 1 from American Freedom on the new Adidas futures team 1.

This is about what I was expecting. Maybe a few more from their old teams but all in all they seemed to be actually searching for the best talent and not just picking from their old teams.

What do yall think?

You think they "seemed to be actually searching for the best talent and not just picking from their old teams" when by your own admission they selected 9 of 15 players on team 2 and 4 of 15 players on team 1? So combined Mizuno Impulse legitimately had 13 of 30 = 43% of the top uncommitted players in the area. Given the number of organizations represented at that tryout and given there were 80+ players in attendance I think they might have shown at least some favoritism.

Just curious, what % of the 30 players selected would you consider high making it appear as if they just picked from their old teams?
softballrulznut

by spideytruck » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:37 pm

Let me clarify, I was expecting at least 50% or more from their old teams. Put yourself in their shoes, what would you do? If you picked 70 or 80% new players what would this say about your former teams? What would this say about your coaching? I don’t know Jason or Courtney and I am not trying to defend or challenge their choices. I am just looking at this from any coach’s position. I would think most of the top 50 coaches would pick well over 50% of their former teams to make the statement that they consistently pick and play the best players in their area.

Additionally, from what I heard the weather was a huge challenge for anybody to truly standout. I ask again, what would you do? If you had two players that seemed equal or near equal due to the weather and one of them was a former player that you knew well, which one would you pick?

I would be very surprised if Naudin picks even 3 to 5 players that are not on the Glory teams. Not picking on him, I would just expect him to do what I think all the other coaches will be doing. Picking their former teams and maybe adding 2 or 3 All-Stars that anyone would love to have.
spideytruck

by NumeroUno » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:00 am

If you have posted any foul or obscene language/ pictures in this thread please get rid of it.

My kids have never been on the bucket nor wanted to but their are kids that like coming here. I have had a few complaints about this thread, please clean it up.
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Dongers Army » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:32 pm

I have not noticed anything obscene in this Texan train wreck string of messages, aside from that one avatar with the Notre Dame logo.
Dongers Army

by NumeroUno » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:47 pm

Dongers Army wrote:I have not noticed anything obscene in this Texan train wreck string of messages, aside from that one avatar with the Notre Dame logo.

:lol: :lol: Take it easy now, in through the nose out through the mouth
premium.html
NumeroUno

by NumeroUno » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:03 pm

How many of you have heard from your DD's travel ball coach that they are not allowed to try out on an Adidas team.
premium.html
NumeroUno

by brewtusplease » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:31 pm

NumeroUno wrote:How many of you have heard from your DD's travel ball coach that they are not allowed to try out on an Adidas team.

The deafening silence is due to happy hour.
brewtusplease

PreviousNext

Return to TX