Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Batting in SoCal

by Phantom » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:46 am

mdupuy wrote: Another at STC that can't be overlooked is Chrissy Haines. She has worked my DD into a solid hitter. The best thing is she teaches what a batter should be looking for. She pitches live, no machines.

I agree, the others are too cookie cutter
Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'.
Phantom

by artomatic » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:56 am

Phantom wrote:
mdupuy wrote: Another at STC that can't be overlooked is Chrissy Haines. She has worked my DD into a solid hitter. The best thing is she teaches what a batter should be looking for. She pitches live, no machines.

I agree, the others are too cookie cutter

Rico is the farthest thing from cookie cutter there is.
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by TheCloser » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:01 am

TheCloser

by softballmafia » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:12 pm

The only problem with Tony's lessson is they are not on a individual basis. He charges you $40 per half hour and has 3 cages going on at the same time.....not very personal.
softballmafia

by NumeroUno » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:21 pm

Their is more to Tony's lessons then just hitting, he also talks a lot about the mental part of the game. If you go there get there at least 30 minutes early and stay 30 minutes after your lesson. It is a learning expirience.
Besides that you have college studs walking around and hitting. You have the famous Amanda Freed giving great pitching lessons.

http://www.uclabruins.com/sports/w-soft ... nda00.html

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=U ... ed&spell=1
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Phantom » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:47 pm

softballmafia wrote:The only problem with Tony's lessson is they are not on a individual basis. He charges you $40 per half hour and has 3 cages going on at the same time.....not very personal.

the old way was alot better
Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'.
Phantom

by softballmafia » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:21 pm

I agree ....the old way was alot better...DD learned alot more and progressed. Prices went up as well as thethe amount of girls he was teaching at one time...If I want to see college girls I will go and watch them at a game, not impressed about college girls hanging around the facility or famed past players.
softballmafia

by Skarp » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:27 pm

softballmafia wrote:The only problem with Tony's lessson is they are not on a individual basis. He charges you $40 per half hour and has 3 cages going on at the same time.....not very personal.

Pay for 4 lessons at once and it's $35 per half. The girls hit pretty much non-stop for that time, and he sometimes lets them hit earlier/later if a cage is open. Considering that the cage alone would cost $20 for the time, it's not bad at all.

Rico is as personal as he needs to be. He gives the girls something to work on, and then he lets them work on it...commenting as necessary. You don't need to stop a kid after every swing to provide good instruction.
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by rowdyone » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:43 pm

MR. BILL JACKSON @ PURE FASTPITCH
WENT TO PHIL FOR YEARS NOW MY DD GOES TO BILL MAJOR DIFFERENCE IN SWING AND POWER
things happen for a reason your job is find the reason
rowdyone

by wrenchhead » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:27 pm

The only problem with Tony's lessson is they are not on a individual basis. He charges you $40 per half hour and has 3 cages going on at the same time.....not very personal.

although my dd has never been to a Tony Rico lesson, i have asked about him to personal friends who do.
they do have the same complaint about the the lack of one on one personal instruction.
when i ask them about why they dont change, most of them hope to be firecrackers someday and are hopeful he will eventually ask them to join his organization.
wrenchhead

PreviousNext

Return to CA