Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

WHAT HAPPEN TO FREEDOM OF SPEECH HERE

by Blind Squirrel » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:42 pm

slideby wrote:john, in answer to your question, the post was deleted pior to being able to respond to "mike"
like i said i just stated the facts,sorry if it wasn't what some people wanted to hear.
mike says he knows the man but i bet he doesn't know him as well as he thinks.

1. Have the HB folks requested that you not provide answers now? If so, I encourage you to say so.

2. I know absolutely nothing about the org or the person you posted about. I am only interested in details about this situation because of the severity of the accusations and so that I can attempt to assess whether they have merit or if they are merely the words of someone who is just trying to injure another party. Every single coach in the history of sport at every level has detractors. Even the likes of John Wooden. So I view accusations against a coach that don't provide believable specifics as utterly pointless except for how they reflect on the person posting them anonymously on the internet. OTOH, verfiable details of misdeeds can be helpful/useful to others.

3. No matter where the HB folks draw the line there will be some who don't like it. IMO, they are doing a reasonable job thus far. I have no idea whose opinion (yours or mine) is closest to being right, if such an assessment could even be made.

John
10 years from now I'll wish I felt like I do these days.
Blind Squirrel
Premium Member
Premium Member

by thetruth » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:47 pm

I have come to the conclusion that Mike Lednovich is a big brown noser.
thetruth

by NumeroUno » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:54 pm

Ace wrote:
There is no Freedom of speech. Where have you been? This board belongs to a couple guys and they do what they want with it. Thats how it is, deal with it. Believe me, I've had my share of posts deleted, and pms sent to me.

Hey Ace Hole I am not in any mood for you today so you can pack you sh$t and go too.
You are not held hostage here so if you don't like it, .

The board belongs to a couple guys and they run it how they want....wow
maybe you can run the board the way you want to :roll:
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Mike Lednovich » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:16 pm

Blind Squirrel wrote:
slideby wrote:first off the only people who know the truth are the people directly involved.
any stament that was made was fact based only.
it was not to "slander "anyone,it was to say hey, we were there,we saw it, we lived it please
be careful.
we were warned ahead of time but ignored the advice,next time we will listen more carefully.
you just never know about people and there motives until sometimes a little to late.

Is it a problem for you to answer the questions that Mike posted? Or have you and I missed it? If your intent is to make people aware so that they can make informed decisions then you might want to provide actual information. Otherwise, I don't see what anyone could possibly deduce from what I saw posted which renders the thread completelely without value or merit.

As for freedom of speech and the role it plays on this site, common sense has seemed to carry the day. If you want to compare eteamz to HB WRT to free speech and the rest, you might want to check out most of the Texas threads in HB and compare them to the results of the eteamz policy that killed discussions on that site. You might also want to compare the increasing popularity of this site over the last 18 months as compared to eteamz' popularity as a place for discussion.

If your concern about freedom of speech on this site is serious, perhaps you can specify what the standards and restrictions should be. Your concern might result in improvements to HB, which the title of this thread suggests you would like to see.

If you elect not to be responsive to the above, I'm left thinking "you just never know about people and there [sic] motives."

John

Well stated and thought out. Kudos to you!!!
Mike Lednovich,
Fullerton College/OC Hawks 18Gold
Mike Lednovich

by Ace » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:29 pm

NumeroUno wrote:Ace wrote:
There is no Freedom of speech. Where have you been? This board belongs to a couple guys and they do what they want with it. Thats how it is, deal with it. Believe me, I've had my share of posts deleted, and pms sent to me.

Hey Ace Hole I am not in any mood for you today so you can pack you sh$t and go too.
You are not held hostage here so if you don't like it, don't let the door hit you in the ACE.

The board belongs to a couple guys and they run it how they want....wow
maybe you can run the board the way you want to :roll:

Wasnt a slam on you NU, dont take your mood out on me... I was telling SB to deal with it. Grow up.
"A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."
Ace

by NumeroUno » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:33 pm

Sorry but I didn't take it that way if I jumped the gun I apologize.
Okay lets hear about your batting cage :D
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Skarp » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:34 pm

Now this is the Heybucket we all know and love. Fun!!!

Screw all y'all, how 'bout that? :mrgreen:
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by NumeroUno » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:40 pm

It is 100 degrees out, I own a heating and air conditioning company and I am packing up and leaving for nationals. Ya I am in a mood :x

Any chance of everyone behaving while I am gone. I didn't think so so we are bringing the lap tops. :D
premium.html
NumeroUno

by slideby » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:42 pm

i have no problem in the way they run there board. just surprised that you can't tell it like it is.
Mr.OCHawks guy you must not have much of a life cuz you seem to be on here everyday commenting on someones post everywhere you look.
i take nothing you say to heart because you mean 0 to me.
lets just all move on and get on with our life.
I for one am done!!!!!!!!!!!
PS.NU good luck at nationals I hope you kick ass !!!
Last edited by slideby on Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slideby

by coolstuff » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:43 pm

Ace wrote:There is no Freedom of speech. Where have you been? This board belongs to a couple guys and they do what they want with it. Thats how it is, deal with it. Believe me, I've had my share of posts deleted, and pms sent to me.

Wow, I've NEVER had that happen to me. Maybe I should not be so Mr. Clean.
coolstuff

PreviousNext

Return to CA