Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

WHAT HAPPEN TO FREEDOM OF SPEECH HERE

by slideby » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:23 am

:roll: HMM can't believe you can't post comments on here anymore without being "scolded by MR.HEYBUCKET" for being out of line.
Wow this board may end up like eteamz,boring and uneventful.
JMO
slideby

by monster » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:37 am

slideby i agree with most of your comments perhaps Big Brother thought borderline slander...IMO coaches tend to forget who funds these teams PARENTS not players!! on most teams girls compete for positions which is expected but players cant beat the "DAD FACTOR" which will always be an issue, that is why so many talented players leave strong teams. good luck in your quest for a new home.
monster

by Mike Lednovich » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:53 am

slideby wrote::roll: HMM can't believe you can't post comments on here anymore without being "scolded by MR.HEYBUCKET" for being out of line.
JMO

Slander is an untruthful oral (spoken) statement about a person that harms the person's reputation or standing in the community. Because slander is a tort (a civil wrong), the injured person can bring a lawsuit against the person who made the false statement. If the statement is made via broadcast media -- for example, over the radio, the internet or on TV -- it is considered libel, rather than slander, because the statement has the potential to reach a very wide audience.

When you make unsupported allegations against someone of stealing team money (a potential felony), that's slander/libel. Hence you get the boot.

Your other complaints are fair game for the fodder mill.
Mike Lednovich,
Fullerton College/OC Hawks 18Gold
Mike Lednovich

by Joe » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:59 am

Mike Lednovich wrote:
slideby wrote::roll: HMM can't believe you can't post comments on here anymore without being "scolded by MR.HEYBUCKET" for being out of line.
JMO

Slander is an untruthful oral (spoken) statement about a person that harms the person's reputation or standing in the community. Because slander is a tort (a civil wrong), the injured person can bring a lawsuit against the person who made the false statement. If the statement is made via broadcast media -- for example, over the radio, the internet or on TV -- it is considered libel, rather than slander, because the statement has the potential to reach a very wide audience.

When you make unsupported allegations against someone of stealing team money (a potential felony), that's slander/libel. Hence you get the boot.

Your other complaints are fair game for the fodder mill.

What about boobs? If the boobs are fake then doesn't that constitute a false statement, hence libelous?
Joe

by SkidMarks » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:41 am

Joe wrote:
What about boobs? If the boobs are fake then doesn't that constitute a false statement, hence libelous?

Excellent point.

SM <-----Motorboater
SkidMarks

by slideby » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:51 am

first off the only people who know the truth are the people directly involved.
any stament that was made was fact based only.
it was not to "slander "anyone,it was to say hey, we were there,we saw it, we lived it please
be careful.
we were warned ahead of time but ignored the advice,next time we will listen more carefully.
you just never know about people and there motives until sometimes a little to late.
slideby

by Ace » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:26 am

There is no Freedom of speech. Where have you been? This board belongs to a couple guys and they do what they want with it. Thats how it is, deal with it. Believe me, I've had my share of posts deleted, and pms sent to me.
"A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."
Ace

by Blind Squirrel » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:52 am

slideby wrote:first off the only people who know the truth are the people directly involved.
any stament that was made was fact based only.
it was not to "slander "anyone,it was to say hey, we were there,we saw it, we lived it please
be careful.
we were warned ahead of time but ignored the advice,next time we will listen more carefully.
you just never know about people and there motives until sometimes a little to late.

Is it a problem for you to answer the questions that Mike posted? Or have you and I missed it? If your intent is to make people aware so that they can make informed decisions then you might want to provide actual information. Otherwise, I don't see what anyone could possibly deduce from what I saw posted which renders the thread completelely without value or merit.

As for freedom of speech and the role it plays on this site, common sense has seemed to carry the day. If you want to compare eteamz to HB WRT to free speech and the rest, you might want to check out most of the Texas threads in HB and compare them to the results of the eteamz policy that killed discussions on that site. You might also want to compare the increasing popularity of this site over the last 18 months as compared to eteamz' popularity as a place for discussion.

If your concern about freedom of speech on this site is serious, perhaps you can specify what the standards and restrictions should be. Your concern might result in improvements to HB, which the title of this thread suggests you would like to see.

If you elect not to be responsive to the above, I'm left thinking "you just never know about people and there [sic] motives."

John
10 years from now I'll wish I felt like I do these days.
Blind Squirrel
Premium Member
Premium Member

by slideby » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:08 pm

john, in answer to your question, the post was deleted pior to being able to respond to "mike"
like i said i just stated the facts,sorry if it wasn't what some people wanted to hear.
mike says he knows the man but i bet he doesn't know him as well as he thinks.
slideby

by NumeroUno » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:22 pm

JMO

slideby feel free to sign your real name and email address at the end of all your posts.
Coming on here anonymously and bashing people with no real proof is a little more than freedom of speech. If you don't like the way we run things around here go back to eteamz you will not hurt our feelings. I have a better things to do with my day than come home and have to answer a long list of suggestions and complaints.
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

Next

Return to CA