Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

14 U Cal regionals this weekend

by bert » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:59 pm

Come on, there wasn't a little begging involved? That's alot of teams to go through that did not want to go! This has to be a first in regionals history! I guess I am a little jealous we didn't get a call. Good Luck! :lol:
bert

by DodgerBlue's » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:09 pm

Yes I begged for a 6 hour drive to Vacaville, sounds like you have a beef with the wrong guy here
DodgerBlue's

by bert » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:17 pm

Referring to Wicked, just surprised to see them in the regional bracket purely based on their finish at States. By the way, you could be right, I should be upset with our Coach for not getting us in. Like I said good luck!
bert

by DodgerBlue's » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:24 pm

thanks Bert and I didnt have to beg for you wishing us good luck
DodgerBlue's

by NumeroUno » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:08 pm

bert wrote:Come on, there wasn't a little begging involved? That's alot of teams to go through that did not want to go! This has to be a first in regionals history! I guess I am a little jealous we didn't get a call. Good Luck! :lol:

This is not the first time I have heard this, I know of a team who played great all year and had a horrible outing at state 33rd place. They were granted a berth to Regionals and won the thing.
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by SSdad » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:36 am

Spazsdad wrote:
bert wrote:How does a team who finished last at States get a berth to the Regional tournament? I am sure there were a few other teams that finished ahead of them that would have liked to go.

Post 1, your table is ready. Post 1?
I guess it is the same association that is going to finagle every team they can into Nationals. If they give the 8 berths at Regionals that they are rumored to be doing that will make 30 SoCal teams going to GA :o

8 berths? Wow. Looks like that would be if you play in game 21,22,23 or 24 you would finish in the top 8
It's better to keep your mouth shut and look like you're stupid......
than to open it and remove all doubt.
SSdad

by Sftbll4ever » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:12 am

NumeroUno wrote:
bert wrote:Come on, there wasn't a little begging involved? That's alot of teams to go through that did not want to go! This has to be a first in regionals history! I guess I am a little jealous we didn't get a call. Good Luck! :lol:

This is not the first time I have heard this, I know of a team who played great all year and had a horrible outing at state 33rd place. They were granted a berth to Regionals and won the thing.

If you are talking about last year in 14u, I remember that team. Sometimes it is the luck of the draw.

Bert, sorry your coach didn't pursue asking for the berth. I know that many times the Comish will go down the line from the state rankings and e-mail the coaches. Maybe, just maybe, your coach turned it down.
Sftbll4ever

by Nzane » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:42 am

I tend to agree with Spaz. Wicked pursued a berth by going to the National Qualifier. And, they finished 3rd up in Clovis. Good luck Armando. See you there......
Go.....
Angels,
Raiders,
Lakers,
Trojans!
Nzane

by Stevo » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:18 am

I finished 4th with my young team in Clovis - Where is my berth (darn spell check) to Vacaville? I want a shot!
Last edited by Stevo on Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stevo

by Sftbll4ever » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:20 am

Stevo wrote:I finished 4th with my young team in Clovis - Where is my birth to Vacaville? I want a shot!

The commish should have said something, but then again, they don't give out birth's, they were giving out berth's.
Sftbll4ever

Previous

Return to CA