Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Stockton 18U Gold Qualifier

by Blind Squirrel » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:45 pm

Iluvblue wrote:Is anyone really surprised Lady magic qualified? those of you who want to take away from their 16u title just dont get it. There was no doubt in my mind they would get it done. The kids that are studs in 12s are studs in 14s, and then they get to gold and they are the studs in Gold. Nothing changes.

Congrats to the Magic, nothing but my respect to them and their coaches. Starting young, staying together and getting it done every year.

Begs the question: Why aren't top college coaches trying to get early verbals from 12U "studs?" (Maybe I'm just ignorant and the aforementioned "studs" DID verbal years ago, along with their peers, if they have any.)

John
10 years from now I'll wish I felt like I do these days.
Blind Squirrel
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Old Darter » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:51 pm

All right, let's just say not all teams continue to play that hard after the third out is made.
Old Darter

by NumeroUno » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:01 pm

Congrats to

Valley Breeze
TNL
SC Athletics
Sorcerers-Phil
NW Bullets
Lady Magic

Nationals Bound
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Blind Squirrel » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:20 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
Blind Squirrel wrote:
Iluvblue wrote:Is anyone really surprised Lady magic qualified? those of you who want to take away from their 16u title just dont get it. There was no doubt in my mind they would get it done. The kids that are studs in 12s are studs in 14s, and then they get to gold and they are the studs in Gold. Nothing changes.

Congrats to the Magic, nothing but my respect to them and their coaches. Starting young, staying together and getting it done every year.

Begs the question: Why aren't top college coaches trying to get early verbals from 12U "studs?" (Maybe I'm just ignorant and the aforementioned "studs" DID verbal years ago, along with their peers, if they have any.)

John

Don't know about 12u but have heard there will probably be around 40 coaches in GA this year for 14u Nats. I guess fastpitch is finally catching up with other sports.

The chasm between looking at kids to consider tracking and making kids scholarship offers with specific terms didn't used to be small from what I've heard.

John
10 years from now I'll wish I felt like I do these days.
Blind Squirrel
Premium Member
Premium Member

by wadeintothem » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:02 pm

That was the hardest tourney I've worked in quite some time. The heat + schedule was tough. What an awesome bunch of teams. I worked 12 games over the 3 days, including today 4, with one being a plate game for 13-14 inning game (I think grapettes vs someone) and 2 qualifiers including TNL's and Breezes victory. A lot of fun, saw nothing dirty, a lot hard play and a lot of talent. Plenty of talent remains heading north. Plenty of those games were anyones game.

Great job all.
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

by DHBHitting » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:29 am

Congrats to

Valley Breeze
TNL
SC Athletics
Sorcerers-Phil
NW Bullets
Lady Magic

Nationals Bound

Ouch! Only two Nor Cal Teams get it done at their own qualifier.

Congrats to both the Magic and Sorcerer. Hopefully we can get a couple of more in up in Oregon.

Phil's bunch was dominant this weekend, aside from a close one in the rivarly game agaisnt Sorcerer Pete they run ruled everyone else they met, including the Victory in the qualifying game which was surprising.

Victory made a ton of errors but give Sorcerer credit, that speed and power keeps a tremendous amount of pressure on your defense and it showed in that game.

Good luck in OKC ladies.
DHBHitting

by Iluvblue » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:16 am

John

Well lets see, I remember a few years back watching this little 10u kid swing a bat. Me and my friend were commenting about her and basically saying we couldnt wait to see her in a few years. She is heading to UCLA after verballing to them this year.

I coached against Alyssa Haber when she was 12, at least a dozen times and watched her 30 or more times. After a few games against I started walking her every time she came to bat..... because you could already see that she was better than we were. That 12 year old kid just made the US National team and was an All American at Stanford this year.

12u studs become 18u studs and college studs. There are late bloomers, and some may not stay at the top, but 80% of those remain the same great players from year to year.

Where do you think the top Gold players in three years from now are coming from??? They are this years 14u players.

Thus my comments about the Magic. They have been a top team in their age bracket for the past 3 years, so I was a little amused reading the comments about them... you know, the stuff like welcome to Gold ball, and just throwing hard dont get it done up here. Comments that were made as a slap against a very good, young team.

I also heard those same comments made about a very young Corona Angels team that went straight from 14u to Gold a few years back....... seems Marty can coach in Gold after all:)
Iluvblue

by Intel » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:18 am

Spazsdad wrote:
Blind Squirrel wrote:

John

Don't know about 12u but have heard there will probably be around 40 coaches in GA this year for 14u Nats. I guess fastpitch is finally catching up with other sports.

I hope 40 coaches do not show up in GA as most of those players are not recruitable and could cause some NCAA issues.
Intel
Premium Member
Premium Member

by DDG » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:50 am

Intel wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:
Blind Squirrel wrote:

John

I hope 40 coaches do not show up in GA as most of those players are not recruitable and could cause some NCAA issues.

Why would this be a problem?????? They can look. They just can't contact them yet. Good to have an idea of who the next set of stud players coming up are.
DDG

by NumeroUno » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:59 am

Intel wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:
Blind Squirrel wrote:

John

Why is that? All players are recruitable aren't they?
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

PreviousNext

Return to CA