Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

What were the "High Points and Lows Points" of 12u ASA State

by hs dad » Tue May 26, 2009 12:12 pm

sportzjunky wrote:Low point I heard:

Coach tells team

"my daughter is going to Nationals with or without you" to team/ 12U girls after 1st loss to fire them up for next game, which they didnt... guess they responded well. note to coaches that employ this theory: the method probably wont work and ears that hear it think you suck.

Sounds like someone is gonna have a lonely trip! :o
The other teams could make trouble for us if they win...
hs dad

by upurbox » Tue May 26, 2009 12:15 pm

hs dad wrote:
sportzjunky wrote:Low point I heard:

Coach tells team

"my daughter is going to Nationals with or without you" to team/ 12U girls after 1st loss to fire them up for next game, which they didnt... guess they responded well. note to coaches that employ this theory: the method probably wont work and ears that hear it think you suck.

Sounds like someone is gonna have a lonely trip! :o

W :shock: W......Them is some Harsh words !!!
PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN STAIRS...
upurbox

by Rotatorcuff » Tue May 26, 2009 12:41 pm

Highs: Coming from behind to win. TWICE!
Qualifing for Nationals!

Lows: ASA yellowbook rules. Had to change our plans. Apparently, if you qualify and do not accept your bid to Nationals, you forfeit you chance to go the next year. That really isn't the low point. The low point is having to decide before you leave the state tournament. There is no grace period.

Not a bad thing qualifing for nationals but forcing families to make a decision on a holiday, after a long weekend of softball is pretty lame. I'm happy we're going to Nationals, but I'm sure there are some out there that don't want to go to IL and have no choice now. Especially the 97' teams.
Rotatorcuff

by NumeroUno » Tue May 26, 2009 12:48 pm

No one has to go to Nats, turn the berth down and pass it down to someone who wants to go.
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by All-American SB » Tue May 26, 2009 12:50 pm

You have to be kidding about having to decide if you go or not.

Don't enter the state tournament if you are not planning on accepting the berth to ASA Nationals. The parents did not have to decide right then. They should have decided before they entered the tournament.
All-American SB

by Rotatorcuff » Tue May 26, 2009 12:57 pm

I didn't say we didn't want to go. We had orginally planned to go to Western Nationals. You have to go to States or Regionals to qual for Western Nationals. Having to change plans and discuss with the familys at the tournament is the low point I'm trying to make.

Check with the 97 teams that qual'ed and see if they're happy about going to Nats, or not going and forfeiting any chance for next year.
Rotatorcuff

by Sftbll4ever » Tue May 26, 2009 1:12 pm

In this economy too, there are probably many teams that were just wanting to go to Westerns as it is cheaper.
Sftbll4ever

by Redcup » Tue May 26, 2009 1:31 pm

Why enter state if you didnt want to go or afford it?You guys are IDIOTS!Every kid playing ASA should be at any nationals once.IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Redcup

by hotwheels » Tue May 26, 2009 1:36 pm

Redcup wrote:Why enter state if you didnt want to go or afford it?You guys are IDIOTS!Every kid playing ASA should be at any nationals once.IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with you that every kid should be lucky enough to get that opportunity but WOW!.....Do you know this poster or team? You really seem to be taking this seriously......Fine, they'll go then!
hotwheels

by Sftbll4ever » Tue May 26, 2009 1:42 pm

Redcup wrote:Why enter state if you didnt want to go or afford it?You guys are IDIOTS!Every kid playing ASA should be at any nationals once.IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not that this is my team, but, are you now saying that since my kid has been before that it is ok that we decide that this year the money is just not there and with your concent we will not be idiots for not going???

DumbA$$
Sftbll4ever

PreviousNext

Return to CA